What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

TheRev

First Grade
I'd also love to see a bit more accountability in terms of players unable to follow defensive structure etc.. but the thing is.. without the depth of cattle to actually swap players out.. the coach has almost no choice but to stick with who he has.. and get them to perform.. or bust... and this is 'before' we get injuries...

getsmarty

Immortal
Bulldogs have signed their 10th recruit , with a swap with a Sharks player ....... We have 3 ....... Surely Flanno has something up his sleeve ...... ?
1/ How many players did the dogs let go ?
2/ Out of the 10 players signed, 1 is a marquee recruit.

We will not sign anyone on a long term contract unless they are right for us long term..

2025 is the year.... People need to be patient...things are happening behind the scenes...

As Riccio stated, we didn't go that hard for Tracey....

Illusion

Bench
1/ How many players did the dogs let go ?
2/ Out of the 10 players signed, 1 is a marquee recruit.

We will not sign anyone on a long term contract unless they are right for us long term..

2025 is the year.... People need to be patient...things are happening behind the scenes...

As Riccio stated, we didn't go that hard for Tracey....
That's what I find hard they should have gone hard for Tracey , he would have been good for us can cover a few positions , and most likely a starter with us , but he prefered to go to a team with players that are similar to him ...... What have their recruitment got over us ...... ? Time will tell .....

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Probably a combination of TPAs, bulldogs giving a player & Tracey probably wanting to continue living in Sydney resulted in him moving to the dogs. Imo it was more of the player swap being a factor. Tracey likely said he's happy to move to either dogs or dragons but the dogs offered something in return to Cronulla.

getsmarty

Immortal
That's what I find hard they should have gone hard for Tracey , he would have been good for us can cover a few positions , and most likely a starter with us , but he prefered to go to a team with players that are similar to him ...... What have their recruitment got over us ...... ? Time will tell .....

I will reply by quoting this from @Auntie.Gerald ..which he posted in J.A

" It was a player swap for Tracey

I wasn’t super keen for a long term on Tracey at all after 3 x ACL recos

As far as I am aware there is not a footballer in FG nor AFL that has had a 4th ACL reco and returned

Maybe one exists?

No disappointment for me except he would have be handy cover for 2024 while Sloan coming back to full fitness "

I Agree with Auntie Gerald....

Riccio also stated this morning that we didn't go that hard for Tracey....

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench

As far as I am aware there is not a footballer in FG nor AFL that has had a 4th ACL reco and returned

Maybe one exists?

No disappointment for me except he would have be handy cover for 2024 while Sloan coming back to full fitness "

This the part that I agree with he would have be handy cover for 2024 while Sloan coming back to full fitness " ........ Respect your thoughts but I think he would have been more than a backup in our team .....

getsmarty

Immortal
This the part that I agree with he would have be handy cover for 2024 while Sloan coming back to full fitness " ........ Respect your thoughts but I think he would have been more than a backup in our team .....
Would have been handy cover on a 1 year deal...was never going to happen

signed with the dogs for 3 years ... bad history of injuries and currently 27 years old...

Another Jack Bird.... dogs can have him...

Wolfgang90

Juniors

Maybe one exists?

Riccio also stated this morning that we didn't go that hard for Tracey....

What's J.A.?

possm

Coach
I know that Flanno has said that he hoped to have at least 3 players signed up before Christmas.

I hope that this is still on the cards and I hope that the players he has targeted are the ones that have been rumoured to be AFB, Deardon and Luki for 2025. Good luck to him.

For 2024 then, he needs to sign a couple at least to improve our roster for that year. We know that there are not that many decent ones so who can he be targeting?
Cowboys have cap problems and letting go Dearden and Lielua for 2024 solves their problem.

AFB wants out now if possible and F Molo looks to be the exchange prop most suitable to the Warriors.

Titans want Hunt now so, let him go and in that way, we still have dollars to spare for any deals that might come up in early 2024.