What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Personally we need to be chasing players others teams actually want to keep rather than the ones they are happy to let go.
I agree, blame our FO for not moving their arses quicker when players became available. As for Luc, his best is very, very good, much like David Fifita, but both can get lazy. I reckon between our HPP Dan Lawson and our attack coach we can get him out of bad habits. No one likes wife bashers but we have to separate that from what they bring to a footy side, specially one where his league journey began.

See the dogs have joined the queue for Luai, yet Flanagan stays put. If he is doing this to snare Tim Dearden, then wish he'd make some concrete moves to do so. Sick to death of us having a sniff of elite players then seeing them go to other clubs. Strike now Flanno.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
See the dogs have joined the queue for Luai, yet Flanagan stays put. If he is doing this to snare Tim Dearden, then wish he'd make some concrete moves to do so. Sick to death of us having a sniff of elite players then seeing them go to other clubs. Strike now Flanno.
I don't mind that Flanno has not gone after Luai at all. He is courting Dearden, keeping things low-key because that is how Dearden would prefer it.

If Flanno was to go after Luai, it might look like we are just going after everyone available... Like the Bulldogs.

To me, it looks like Flanno is trying to recruit specific players, competitive, tough and professional that will compliment the culture he is trying to instil.

This way, Dearden will hopefully look at us as a viable option because Flanno has a vision to build a team around him after spending a year or so with Hunt.

If we were to throw our hit in the ring for Luai then it will look like we are just trying to sign any 'elite' half to full a billet number.

saints4ever

First Grade
I don't mind that Flanno has not gone after Luai at all. He is courting Dearden, keeping things low-key because that is how Dearden would prefer it.

If Flanno was to go after Luai, it might look like we are just going after everyone available... Like the Bulldogs.

To me, it looks like Flanno is trying to recruit specific players, competitive, tough and professional that will compliment the culture he is trying to instil.

This way, Dearden will hopefully look at us as a viable option because Flanno has a vision to build a team around him after spending a year or so with Hunt.

If we were to throw our hit in the ring for Luai then it will look like we are just trying to sign any 'elite' half to full a billet number.
I like this thinking and i really hope thats the perception and reality

jak

Bench

great post mate

Phantom V

Juniors
I just hope there's a plan B. I personally think it's unlikely we'll get Dearden. We may be a chance at snaring Manu or AFB, I don't really know. But our club often seems to get out-gunned whenever we're linked with a star player.
To be honest mate I think we’re no chance of getting Manu and unless Deanno has an ace up his sleeve same goes for Dearden, hope I’m wrong though. AFB seems like the one most likely if the stars align.

To be honest mate I think we’re no chance of getting Manu and unless Deanno has an ace up his sleeve same goes for Dearden, hope I’m wrong though. AFB seems like the one most likely if the stars align.
I doubt that Manu is even fielding offers from other clubs.
I would expect an announcement any time now that he has resigned with the Roosters.
Also highly unlikely that Dearden will leave the Cowboys, especially with Townsend ready to retire at the end of 2024.
I think AFB is the top priority, but who knows if there are others that Flanagan is looking at but are being kept under wraps.

twinkletoes

Juniors
AFB apparently dining with Gould last night and having a tour of their centre of excellence and facilities iver the weekend…. Dragons meanwhile are hoping to meet him in the next couple of weeks….I think the deal will be done well and truly before then.. hope not but we seem to be hanging back again

TheRev

First Grade
the only positive to missing AFB would be Taumanalo is staying, so Deardon/Luki are more feasible.. but this sounds like it could take weeks to play out.. sigh.

RedVee_8

Juniors
AFB apparently dining with Gould last night and having a tour of their centre of excellence and facilities iver the weekend…. Dragons meanwhile are hoping to meet him in the next couple of weeks….I think the deal will be done well and truly before then.. hope not but we seem to be hanging back again
Someone posted the other day that we’ve already met with him.
Hopefully he is giving us a last shot after hearing the other offers. Not sure why he would though.

moleman_85

Juniors
Pretty sure Canterbury only announced this centre back in April earlier this year. Not built yet like our Wollongong one.

Dragon David

First Grade
Gee AFB must feel like the bees knees or the ants pants or a movie star being courted and feted by the several clubs interested in his services. Yes he is quality and can help a struggling club but helping strugglers is not akin to his current demand and there are the Dogs, Tigers and the Dragons that have been struggling recently. So I am certainly thinking he will be at the Sharks in 2025.