What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Yes just read that and indeed an option. They could also pay out Turner as well which probably the preferred imo.
I think they want to keep Allen around, so Turner is my guess.

Now that Glover and Ralph are at the club u would suspect Turner will not see another game in ressies. Both are solid ressie halves

Glover with some good upside for the future as well

Definitely FG is over for Turner

He is also not listed in any team this weekend

Hmmmm he does seem the easiest to pay out and may it happen

With the Cowboys letting Lucie go probably means snaring Luki and the other unpronounceable forward is now a slim chance at best. Still we have a crop of promising forwards of our own. Perhaps a fast track of Loko Jr or Halangahu or Latu is the way forward.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Lucies '23 stats show an inconsistency in RM and TK but when on his game he can eat up 174 metres and make 37 tackles. When off it is 73 and 14. Those figures do depend on game time tho. Flanno and Deano will drill consistency into his game now he is back on home turf.
Has he signed ?

As he has chosen to return to the home of his junior years, does that spell his wandering days are over and is ready to settle down. He is 27 and hopefully has grown up now. Has he been training with the Cowboys if not we dont want him starting the season unfit. Need to get some Dan Lawson sessions into him first.

blacksafake

First Grade
As he has chosen to return to the home of his junior years, does that spell his wandering days are over and is ready to settle down. He is 27 and hopefully has grown up now. Has he been training with the Cowboys if not we dont want him starting the season unfit. Need to get some Dan Lawson sessions into him first.
You’d like to think that he’s grown up but I’m not so sure he has the intelligence to do so.

Illusion

Bench
You’d like to think that he’s grown up but I’m not so sure he has the intelligence to do so.
Sad but I will take him , even with his problems he is better than most of the forwards we have that don't have problems ......... Goes to show you how far we have fallen ........

hewi

Bench
From FoxSport and NFI IMO

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Key positional battles: Fullback/centre/five-eighth
Verdict: Does Shane Flanagan put the focus on attack or defence when it comes to who wears the No. 1 jumper out of Tyrell Sloan or Zac Lomax? Everyone knows Sloan is a freak talent with the ball in his hand.
But there is no hiding that he has been a liability defensively. And unless he can improve that area of his game dramatically, it would not shock to see Flanagan move Lomax to fullback.
That also opens up a spot for Jack Bird in the centres, which would give the Dragons a really hard edge. There is also a big rap on a young rugby union convert Savelio Tamale, who could come into the centre conversation. Kyle Flanagan looks the obvious option to partner Ben Hunt in the halves.
Dragons’ predicted team
1 Zac Lomax
2 Mathew Feagai
3 Moses Suli
4 Jack Bird
5 Mikaele Ravalawa
6 Kyle Flanagan
7 Ben Hunt
8 Francis Molo
9 Jacob Liddle
10 Blake Lawrie
11 Dylan Egan
12 Jaydn Su’A
13 Jack de Belin
Interchange
14 Connor Muhleisen
15 Michael Molo
16 Hame Sele
17 Tom Eisenhuth/Ben Murdoch-Masila

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Massive year for Sloan. He's off-contract, if he doesn't perform at a reasonable 1st grade level then I doubt any team will take a punt on him (for reasonable $$$). You could say that for a few of our players who are off-contract.

If the fullback move doesn't work out, could he be used as a sub off the bench? similar to Papz & S. Crichton when they first started in the NRL. He's pretty fortunate that fullback is the one area we're lacking depth, so he's getting consistent opportunities.

Latest posts