What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

kit66

Bench
Tongue in cheek Kit

Volkman was Warriors KOE Cup player of the year

He is a work in progress

Unlike Amone, Volkman has a kicking game.

Flanno Jr will start at 6, barring injury

I replied to your first post before I read this one. All good. Yes his kicking game is pretty good.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I just watched a couple of Warriors games involving Ronald Volkman and he's a long way off being a regular 1st grader. His kicking game is really solid but his attack, organization and defence are works in progress. The Warriors played him pretty wide in defence, at times outside his centre. He did ok as a supporting 5/8 playing with Johnson in Round 5 but really had low involvement, just kicks and a bit of dummy half - it was his first game for the Warriors, I understand that but he must have been under instructions to take it easy, let Johnson run the show. The other game (no Johnson) in the 7 jersey supporting Te Maire Martin in the 6 he was pretty poor really, with the Dolphins targeting him in defence a bit and showing him up rather badly (Bennett exploits a weakness like no other). He offered nothing in attack or working plays but again his kicking was pretty good. Short and stocky and underdone in the fitness stakes but could be handy in reserves and maybe a game or two alongside Hunt to ease him into 1sts. I'd be worried if we ran him and Kyle on as our halves, that could be disastrous in a headless chook kinda way.

thanks for the evaluation. That fits with what I read. Clearly he is backup which we need for reserves. On the other hand, he will get a few games in 1st grade thru origen and hopefully not thru injury. Has a chance to show he is a talent and get signed for the future.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
thanks for the evaluation. That fits with what I read. Clearly he is backup which we need for reserves. On the other hand, he will get a few games in 1st grade thru origen and hopefully not thru injury. Has a chance to show he is a talent and get signed for the future.
I reckon he will start at 6 round 1 with Flanno at 14

I would not have a problem taking a risk with Volkmann starting at 6. Better what has happen previously taking risks with 30 plus year Olds. Then put young Flanno at 14 to give Liddle a rest.
Unlike Hunt, Volkman has kicked winning field goals.

I like the fact that it would add an additional goal kicker, and kicker in general play.

Suddenly we have 3 players who can kick in general play:

Hunt
Flanno Jr
Volkman

Can’t be a bad thing

Dragon David

First Grade
I think that the Volkmann signing won't be confirmed until after the mandatory 10 day cooling off period. Volkmann's contract with the Warriors doesn't end until the end of 2025 so whatever we have offered him it goes back to the Warriors who can still look at keeping him on a better deal if they wish but I don't think they will and confirmation I expect will be about 6 January 2024.

Dragon David

First Grade
Isn’t that only for players off contract so that the incumbent club can have an opportunity to counter offer. In this case Volkman was released (as per Warriors website), so not sure why no announcement.
Make of this as you can -

Dragon David

First Grade
I think that the Volkmann signing won't be confirmed until after the mandatory 10 day cooling off period. Volkmann's contract with the Warriors doesn't end until the end of 2025 so whatever we have offered him it goes back to the Warriors who can still look at keeping him on a better deal if they wish but I don't think they will and confirmation I expect will be about 6 January 2024.
I might be completely wrong fellas, sorry as seeing that the Warriors have agreed to release Volkmann as per their website, I don't know what the reason for the hold up by our club announcing the signing!?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

dragon75

Juniors
You're on the money Kolum Kid. I for one am expecting a fitter '24 dragon team with an improved attitude, attention to detail and pride in the jersey. In my opinion Amone and Sloan are still 2-3 yrs away from being 1st graders.. therefore the loss of Amone is no big deal. Sully was the better of the three but injury held him back. Good luck to the kid at the tigers. My hope is that we are competitive in '24 and I think we will be. I also believe that we are is somewhat of a rebuilding phase, therefore it will be at least 3-4 before we are truly a force in the competition..My biggest fear is the instability between the factions on the board. I hope that they have sorted their Sh!t out and let this once Majesty team be MIGHTY again!!!

possm

Coach
I would not have a problem taking a risk with Volkmann starting at 6. Better what has happen previously taking risks with 30 plus year Olds. Then put young Flanno at 14 to give Liddle a rest.
The problem is that some of our power brokers have installed useless employees at the Club purely as a byproduct of their self-interested activities.

For example, Ian Millward was installed as the recruitment manager purely because his father was a powerbroker within the joint venture. Despite so many ears of incompetence, he is still an employee of the club. We paid a high cost for the 'Millward Mess'.

Another example that comes to mind is how the Gordons/WIN acquired the Illawarra shareholding when they were not the highest bidder. There was no investment plan for the future of the Club included as a condition for this decision purchase and we are still paying a high cost directly related to this same decision.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm waiting for the 2024 season of the NRL to start. No use bagging our own club just yet. I know that we have not had much to smile about given all of what has happened these past few years and particularly in 2023. Let's see how things are running in April/May. I just hope that by then we will know where we will be heading and that we are heading in the right direction with so much more of the year to look forward to. It is no use rubbishing the club, players and even coaches until we see some footy, please.

Latest posts