What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragon David

First Grade
Hmm so we help the Bulldogs with their cap after Gus took a giant shit on the club.
Disappointing.
We need the likes of Faitala-Mariner but still..
Yes, the Dogs freeing up the cap so that they can sign all three May boys is what I think. While the May boys might be good, having all three at the one club could spell danger one day because if one gets the shits and told off or gets into some off field trouble and gets the sack - the others will most probably want to go. It is like an owner assigned all of his real estate investments to the one agency and the agency effs up on one of them then the owner would take all of his investments off that agency and give to another. I've seen that happen. I know that this is has nothing to do with league, but is some sort of example.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
I don't think he has an attitude problem, I take exception to that suggestion. He was the captain, younger players came to him with concerns because they trusted him and he relayed them to the coach. I think the Dogs have done him dirty.

That said it's hardly an inspiring addition. Whelmed.
First paragraph is spot on. He went in to bat for a players welfare and got chewed up and spat out by the brass.

His last 2-3 years haven’t been great but look at their club overall during that time, shit house. If anything Barrett slowly killed him then CC finished it off. Happy to have him and let Flanno get him going again.

_Johnsy

Referee
Pathetic signing. If people seriously think it's a good signing they haven't watched him play the last few years. He's injury prone, has form issues & seems to have a stinking attitude. It shows where we are as a club to potential nrl targets. We've got another one arrive with a month left of pre-season. We couldn't even get his signing before pre-season started. Apart from Sele, recruitment has been abysmal so far under Flanno.
Based on what exactly?

KingFlanno7

Juniors
1.Sloan 2.Lomax 3.Bird 4.Suli 5. Rava 6. Hunt 7. Flanno 8. Lawrie 9. Liddle 10. F molo 11. Sele 12. Sua 13. Debelin .M molo, Russell, RFM, Couchmans, Egan, Eisenhuth the Manly signings the bench is a mystery

The RFM signing is number 29, which means we have met the NRL requirement that 29 players be named on each club's roster prior to round 1.
This signing also pushes a player like Murdoch Masila down a few pegs, so I would not be surprised to see him leave sometime in the early rounds of the season.
Also still hoping Paul Turner finds a gig in the English Super League just to free up another spot.
I am sure Flanagan is not finished making more roster changes for 2024 just yet.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Yes, the Dogs freeing up the cap so that they can sign all three May boys is what I think. While the May boys might be good, having all three at the one club could spell danger one day because if one gets the shits and told off or gets into some off field trouble and gets the sack - the others will most probably want to go. It is like an owner assigned all of his real estate investments to the one agency and the agency effs up on one of them then the owner would take all of his investments off that agency and give to another. I've seen that happen. I know that this is has nothing to do with league, but is some sort of example.
Sounds like Sean O'Connor...

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
The RFM signing is number 29, which means we have met the NRL requirement that 29 players be named on each club's roster prior to round 1.
This signing also pushes a player like Murdoch Masila down a few pegs, so I would not be surprised to see him leave sometime in the early rounds of the season.
Also still hoping Paul Turner finds a gig in the English Super League just to free up another spot.
I am sure Flanagan is not finished making more roster changes for 2024 just yet.
Paul Turner, what a waste of a top 30 position..

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I don't think he has an attitude problem, I take exception to that suggestion. He was the captain, younger players came to him with concerns because they trusted him and he relayed them to the coach. I think the Dogs have done him dirty.

That said it's hardly an inspiring addition. Whelmed.

I think the likes of Ciraldo (coming from a powerhouse Panthers system) & Gus (decades of success) would be able to differentiate between a captain voicing the playing groups concerns & an attitude problem from said captain. I think i'll side with Ciraldo & Gus on this one. The dogs have given him every opportunity to succeed. They're desperate for middles yet still released him which is telling.

Parko1310

Juniors
I think the likes of Ciraldo (coming from a powerhouse Panthers system) & Gus (decades of success) would be able to differentiate between a captain voicing the playing groups concerns & an attitude problem from said captain. I think i'll side with Ciraldo & Gus on this one. The dogs have given him every opportunity to succeed. They're desperate for middles yet still released him which is telling.
He's not really a middle. He can play there if required but he's a second rower through and through. That they don't need. Nonetheless, this signing does concern me, especially the 2 years, for reasons I've stated already.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
agree
but the key is we have a stack of sal cap we cant use in 2024 unless we landed a $1mill pa elite player right now

So RFM is he was on $400k pa for 2024 and 2025 as reported several times.
If the Bulldogs have paid him to now 30/1/23 plus are kicking in another $100k reportedly
Then there is maybe $600k that can be spread across 2024 and 2025 to our advantage
ie
2024 - $400k plus
2025 - $200k

That helps this season for edge and middle with experience
Then a cheap option in 2025 while landing a key prop etc
If he breaks free of his 4 seasons of injuries and then sickness the guy can play !

shiloh dc

Juniors
agree
but the key is we have a stack of sal cap we cant use in 2024 unless we landed a $1mill pa elite player right now

So RFM is he was on $400k pa for 2024 and 2025 as reported several times.
If the Bulldogs have paid him to now 30/1/23 plus are kicking in another $100k reportedly
Then there is maybe $600k that can be spread across 2024 and 2025 to our advantage
ie
2024 - $400k plus
2025 - $200k

That helps this season for edge and middle with experience
Then a cheap option in 2025 while landing a key prop etc
If he breaks free of his 4 seasons of injuries and then sickness the guy can play !

My guess is this would not be far from the mark. For 300K a year average - not a bad option.
However, why would you be wanting to assist the Dogs get stronger?

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
my guess shiloh is that Flano is not sold on our backrow depth

it is quite possible he could give us what we need on the edge. Our halves have to have some backrowers that can create fast play of the balls and or attract an extra defender

Hunt and Sua
Flano and RFM
two samoan edges

and the juggling of 2024 ending of BMM, FMolo, JDB etc contracts is significant enough to obtain a player with upside on a 2 year only at a discount / value contract

every team has a surprise player that grabs an opportunity and jumps above previous seasons

Corey Allan may have been that in 2024
Ronald "
Finau?
Ray ?

blacksafake

First Grade
Surely if he was a trouble maker then Kyle would know so you’d have to think Flanno asked him ?
Anyway from what I’ve been told he’s a bloke of good character.

Latest posts