What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

HenryTatana

Juniors
Agree, two more needed to go there if we want to sign 5 players ... we only have 3 spots ...
To me the likely ones are Rava/Fifita - noone will pick up Lawrie (we are stuck with that one)
Cake can go to the Super League and get stuck into the pork pies. Alternatively, he can can go the the Eels with the other half of the comedy duo.

St.Brisbane

Juniors
Could/would Schuster play (an inferior) but still useful version of what Latrell does at centre? We need a game changer. Look at what Flanno has done with Suli

TheRev

First Grade
The more lightweight Schuster, if he can handle defending @ centre, then it could be a great acquisition, but if hes a pure pure 6.. which it seems he is.. its more of a gamble to bring him into the 30.. but... could be a real upgrade too... but id back Flanno who would know the kid to work it out.

The more lightweight Schuster, if he can handle defending @ centre, then it could be a great acquisition, but if hes a pure pure 6.. which it seems he is.. its more of a gamble to bring him into the 30.. but... could be a real upgrade too... but id back Flanno who would know the kid to work it out.
I would prefer to wait for the junior halves to emerge or sign Talagi as a 6.

If Sloan’s defence improved out of sight I would trial him at 6 and play Allan at 1 until young Rumble is ready.

Parko1310

Juniors
I'd be really hesitant about Schuster, very lazy player and never set the world alight. That said, you have to trust Flano and Schuster can definitely give us some x-factor. I hope the plan isn't to play him in the halves, he's definitely a lock. Centre is an interesting proposition too, he'd be a big body with the ability to do something a bit different, but I can't see that working - his decision making in defence would be, putting it kindly, questionable at best.

dragon64

Juniors
I'd be really hesitant about Schuster, very lazy player and never set the world alight. That said, you have to trust Flano and Schuster can definitely give us some x-factor. I hope the plan isn't to play him in the halves, he's definitely a lock. Centre is an interesting proposition too, he'd be a big body with the ability to do something a bit different, but I can't see that working - his decision making in defence would be, putting it kindly, questionable at best.
The size of him could be good in the centres beside suli, a couple of hard, fast running centres could work wonders for us

TheRev

First Grade
I would prefer to wait for the junior halves to emerge or sign Talagi as a 6.

If Sloan’s defence improved out of sight I would trial him at 6 and play Allan at 1 until young Rumble is ready.
We are trying hard to get Talagi... he has the huge advantage of being our most likely longterm 1 or 6.. even if he comes to play centre initially... rly strengthens our squad.

But I think we can do better than Allan and Rumble is no guarantee at all of making it.. now that Sloan is officially dropped we can potentially sign fullbacks also.

redv13

Bench
We are trying hard to get Talagi... he has the huge advantage of being our most likely longterm 1 or 6.. even if he comes to play centre initially... rly strengthens our squad.

But I think we can do better than Allan and Rumble is no guarantee at all of making it.. now that Sloan is officially dropped we can potentially sign fullbacks also.
My gut says Talagi isn’t coming and just stringing Saints along to get more leverage for himself against Parra and the others

Dragon David

First Grade
Katoni Staggs 2026
I'm with you on this one John.

Just saw him score a blinder against the Dogs this arvo and he almost won the game against us when he scored a double and probably set a try up too in that game. Overall he has strength and speed and shows no fear. If he is free to negotiate in November, we should go all out and sign him up.

Lennyb

Juniors
The St George Board don’t masquerade as billionaires LennyB.

We need strong private investment, not some old dude that lives half a world away and has his head stuck up his clacker.
Billionaires dont give free lunches, especially succulent chinese meals to bafoons.

Once the St George board is replaced with competant persons, things will happen. Just time and patience as the main culprits will not stand down. That is for certain.

Mojo

Bench
I'm with you on this one John.

Just saw him score a blinder against the Dogs this arvo and he almost won the game against us when he scored a double and probably set a try up too in that game. Overall he has strength and speed and shows no fear. If he is free to negotiate in November, we should go all out and sign him up.
Great footballer.

Latest posts