What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Gardenia

Bench
I think this article shows great disrespect to our club on behalf of Cook, Here I was thinking he should have the captaincy. instead now I think he should just not bother. Has it sunk into his head that Souths are the ones punting him, it instils no confidence in me that this guy is just another who is taking the money and really doesn't want to be here. F#@K me if you are so intent on rushing back to Souths, then dont bother turning up and allow us to get someone who actually wants to play for the Dragons
Sloan is proud to be a Dragon and is loyal and grateful

I would also love Munro. The sheer joy that guy radiates just playing footy is so refreshing.

Gardenia

Bench
I would have preferred Cook to have said that he "was very much looking forward to playing at the Dragons and while that is the future for me, I would like to add that I will be sorry to leave South Sydney as it was the club I had spent most of my career at" and leave out the going back part. That would be ok said nearing the end of his 2 year stint with us.
I agree DD. Its understandable he is emotional about leaving the club he has played at for so many years, he could at least throw is something about looking forward to his new journey with us.

Dragon David

First Grade
How does the spoon team sign so many good players yet we struggle?

What I would give to know the reason

maybe Lomax will open up when he leaves and give us a snippet of information

it just makes no sense

never mind . We will carry on regardless and prove them wrong

Go the Dragons

Hope we end on a high note this weekend
I think the Tigers have only attracted players like Luai and Turuva etc etc by offering higher amounts than what they can get from their existing club or any other club. In other words they pay overs. Why would a player want to go to a club that has won three straight wooden spoons and be coached by a 1 year rookie who some say cannot coach effectively? In time, the Tigers will have a good number of top young players coming through their system and they will want good money which then the Tigers would have to cull several of their not so good players and lose them to other clubs. They have lost so many decent players over the years and will continue to if they pay overs to a lot of the players.

We could pay overs for players to get them but it would have a detrimental effect on the Club's salary cap.

Many have said that our Board have sat on their backsides and letting things slide, however, I am sure that they have the success of the club definitely high on their agenda.

We have a few good players coming through our system and Flanno has noted how well they have developed and I feel that he will be using several of them in the next year or so. He has already signed up Holmes and Cook and likely RCG as well and is still head hunting some other key players for certain positions. He would know that we do need a few speedy guys but also able to defend.

We will be more competitive on the field next year and also in the marketplace for new guys once we make finals footy. Our C of E will be finished I'd say by mid 2026 and the players will have a one stop modern Centre to train and exercise and meet etc.

We will have a new major sponsor next year, Flanno will be in his second year and knows what he needs. New coaches and hopefully a recruitment guy employed.

Many things that we can look forward to in years to come.

We did quite alright this year - plenty of big losses but plenty of good wins - a bit up and down but overall better than the last few seasons.

I am optimistic of our future but there is a lot of hard work yet to be done to achieve consistent success.

Last edited:

steerlerbab

Juniors
I saw in zerotackle site that Max Fegai will be leaving. That means that the club is no longer negotiating with him as was reported earlier.

Looking at our squad with Jack Bird signing with Tigers we have 2 spots open. I think these two spots will go to RCG and Horsburgh if we are successful. This means Tom Eisenhuth, Jesse Marschke, Ben Murdoch-Masila and Alec Tuitavake will also be leaving the club unless the club cannot lure RCG or Horsburgh to our club.

It would be a shame to lose Tom Eisenhuth. I thought he was quite solid this year.

denis preston

First Grade
I saw in zerotackle site that Max Fegai will be leaving. That means that the club is no longer negotiating with him as was reported earlier.

Looking at our squad with Jack Bird signing with Tigers we have 2 spots open. I think these two spots will go to RCG and Horsburgh if we are successful. This means Tom Eisenhuth, Jesse Marschke, Ben Murdoch-Masila and Alec Tuitavake will also be leaving the club unless the club cannot lure RCG or Horsburgh to our club.

It would be a shame to lose Tom Eisenhuth. I thought he was quite solid this year.
Trouble with Tom was in the big games & big moments, he went missing.

Dragon David

First Grade
Trouble with Tom was in the big games & big moments, he went missing.
I saw him as a good back up for this year. Tried his guts out but in the end turned out just ineffectively taking the ball up and missing some tackles. I still think that he would be a good back up and spend time in Ressies.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, Jack Bird was terrific before the 2 or 3 ACLs and on going apparent health issues hit him. I thought gave his best for us and he could go well for the Tigs. I think I read that Jack was on solid coin any $500k ? So we certainly have some cash in the kitty ( given that Zac is a swap with Valentine Holmes given Zac was going to be on $850k with us next year).

Draginzaaar

Bench

I think Eisenhuth is meh. No offload, not a great tackler one on one as we saw against the Dogs when he went to centre. He doesn't do many hit ups either. I'd like to see a bloke with more energy in the 13.