What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Simply unbelievable considering that we were under the illusion that his signing would be announced early this week .

Still missing out on him may put the Dragons in a position to sign someone a few years younger but still experienced from a club that needs to cull its salary cap somewhat - hopefully .
Dont seem that way anymore , every time a quality young player comes along the top teams shed a player and sing what they want

Illusion

Bench
Simply unbelievable considering that we were under the illusion that his signing would be announced early this week .

Still missing out on him may put the Dragons in a position to sign someone a few years younger but still experienced from a club that needs to cull its salary cap somewhat - hopefully .
Hay old mate keep me out of it ......... :)

Parko1310

Juniors
Watch we'll now end up with Mat Croker.. can't wait for the club to dress that one up. Solid, cheap player but still not in the profile of a leader/impact/big body front rower that we need. I actually cannot believe they've stuffed this one up. We're deadset going to have to reach into our pockets and pay overs to try and lure Thompson. Flano's gonna have to cop the hit, we need quality middles so badly.

qld redvee

Juniors
I think the worse thing is that we have been in a 1 horse race so rcg and manager have known we were only offering 2 years . we were told announce after eels game , announce after eels last game , then nah he wont be with us. the 10 day cooling off period ? tigers do a deal in 8 days . we have had what 15 days and cant get a deal done If rcg manager wanted 3 years then we should have said this is our offer take it or leave it .. Flanno now wants 2 hard tough winners , well maybe he will have to pay a bit more and get saifiti and coach him to be the hard nose flanno wants we cant continue with the likes of RFM and eisenhuth except as depth not starters

56to66

Juniors
"The Dragons were previously considered the frontrunners to secure his signature, however it was reported they couldn’t settle on the length of any prospective deal"
FMD no player wants to come for a fair deal, they just use the Dragons as pawn to see how much money they can squeeze out of the club.
So the Donkeys get him for 2 years, but would only play for the Red V if we offered 3 years.
FN unbelievable, so no RCG, no Corey Horsburgh.
Bring back Sharon, he'll play for 800k a season, 2025 season, cut and paste 2024

jeffdragon

Bench
No
Safiti
Horsburgh
Royce Hunt
Now RCG.
Are we waiting for a magic wand and middle forwards to appear.
Flano mightn't be up to him soley but ffs we need a few .
I don't want to rely on F Molo.Lawrie and co otherwise we are f**ked.
What's wrong with this club.
You gave Lawrie Rava and Mat Faegai multi year deals.
Those 4 forwards are 100 times better than what we have.

justadragon

Bench
Watch we'll now end up with Mat Croker.. can't wait for the club to dress that one up. Solid, cheap player but still not in the profile of a leader/impact/big body front rower that we need. I actually cannot believe they've stuffed this one up. We're deadset going to have to reach into our pockets and pay overs to try and lure Thompson. Flano's gonna have to cop the hit, we need quality middles so badly.
Parko I know we may have stuffed this up, but I dont know if you can blame the club entirely for standing its ground. Without not knowing the full circumstance I'm not willing to blame Flanno in trying to do what is best for this club.

56to66

Juniors
I'm convinced someone with a lot of power and a lot of influence is interfering with us signing good players. Someone who doesn't like our board or the Gordons. There's no other explanation at this point because it just keeps happening, the list just keeps getting longer and longer.
The NRL, the Media, player Managers, hate St George, as I mentioned in another post, the Shaft isn't long enough for them.
It has to be the envy of the greatest achievement of winning 11 in a Row, for f sake Parramatta have done nothing for 40 years, have picked up 15 wooden spoons, get the coach they want and the players we can get or keep(Zac Sook Lomax)the influence of some rugby league mafia is a hurdle to hard to overcome it seems.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Flanno is playing a great game if chess here and I for one am not sorry we didn't get RCG.
A 3yr deal would totally block a path for a prospective junior, or a new recruit, if the came available.
I still say DS is on our radar, as the Knights are still in the finals mix.
All moves (signings) have a knock-on effect, to get to the end game wd must play each move correctly, not just a feel good one.

BTW, we apparently have signed a 17yr gun 5/8 from the Broncos in Marley McLaren

dungay dragon

Juniors
No
Safiti
Horsburgh
Royce Hunt
Now RCG.
Are we waiting for a magic wand and middle forwards to appear.
Flano mightn't be up to him soley but ffs we need a few .
I don't want to rely on F Molo.Lawrie and co otherwise we are f**ked.
What's wrong with this club.
You gave Lawrie Rava and Mat Faegai multi year deals.
Those 4 forwards are 100 times better than what we have.
JEFF
Safiti on major overs at the Knights...Hes in the box seat..being pushed but doesnt have to go.
Dragons only wanted him if knights would generously chip in. Form overall fair at best
Horsburgh
Created a bit of a circus with his Club day visits to Tigers and Broncs.
Flanno said we Didnt formally table an offer.Media driven
Royce Hunt..
Oddly enough Sharks fans came on here and werent off side with him going.Struggles to put in long stints .Did we table him an offer ? donr think so
RCG..
Dragged on and on .Others like us offered 2 year deals but that was knocked back till now..The Broncs are interested but are hog tied unless they cam move some to bring him in..That deal with us may not be dead yet , if a 3rd year MO can be arranged
Would love to see us go after Welch (storm) and Pole ?(tigers) even Bunty Afoa (warriors) who is being moved on
Wishart is prime real estate , and he should be top of the heap
Tiare Martin is also off contract in Nov ..Ex smart half back
This is all very frustrating but we just have to get it right and bring in the right players to fill some yawning gaps in our squad.....

Latest posts