What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

56to66

Juniors
I have not seen a lot of Wishart but for big $ our new 7 must at a minimum be a good organizer and leader with a very good all round kicking game. And be able to close a game out. We cannot give 3-5 years to anyone less or we will just be back on the same old Ben Hunt death march.
Take a punt on Tyran, Ben was supposed to fix all our problems, delivered shit from the start, Widdop was the man until he shoulder said goodbye.
Like Mary McGregor, Ben won the Rugby League LOTTO, irony Mary was the one that attracted Ben, so I believe we should have Ben and Mary as our LOTTERY good luck charms, we should hold a beautiful dinner with both making dribbling speeches, everybody attending the function holding hands, chanting Mary Benover and over, play our lottery cards together, and singing in unison we are LOTTERY Winners, then doing HI FIVES all night long.

Last edited:

56to66

Juniors
Can we end the Wishart talk, he & his Dad do not want him to leave the Storm system, even for more money & a starting position. He is contracted for 2025 & club option 2026!!!!!!!
No problem, how much are the Storm prepared to pay, he must be happy playing behind Munster, all of his career, what could have been, will be the tune in his sleeping ears.

Gareth67

First Grade
Take a punt on Tyran, Ben was supposed to fix all our problems, delivered shit from the start, Widdop was the man until he shoulder said goodbye.
Like Mary McGregor, Ben won the Rugby League LOTTO, irony Mary was the one that attracted Ben, so I believe we should have Ben and Mary as our LOTTERY good luck charms, we should hold a beautiful dinner with both making dribbling speeches, everybody attending the function holding hands, chanting Mary Benover and over, play our lottery cards together, and singing in unison we are LOTTERY Winners, then doing HI FIVES all night long.
Yes Mary has a damn lot to answer for - him and that bloody jet-ski of his !

I recall Benny the Hunt saying how impressed he was when the Maestro turned up riding that contraption of his at a Kogarah Bay wharf introducing himself .

Well Benny could not say no to the offer that was put to him , perhaps more so after watching Mary skimming the waves so gracefully ( ? ) also this apparently placed Hunt under the illusion that Mary would be giving him a ride to and from training on the back of the JetSki . 🤔

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Can we end the Wishart talk, he & his Dad do not want him to leave the Storm system, even for more money & a starting position. He is contracted for 2025 & club option 2026!!!!!!!
Yes, I wouldn't think that Wishart would leave a club like the Storm for a few years at least. He can learn stacks while there. He is still very young and the Storm would want to keep him.

We need a really good organising and solid half back with some pace on him.

slippery5

Juniors
No problem, how much are the Storm prepared to pay, he must be happy playing behind Munster, all of his career, what could have been, will be the tune in his sleeping ears.

The tune of staying & winning a few GF's under Bellamy is what is ringing in his ears & don't underestimate what his Dad advice "is" There is plenty of time to go after the bigger bucks after you are a premiership winning player.

56to66

Juniors
The tune of staying & winning a few GF's under Bellamy is what is ringing in his ears & don't underestimate what his Dad advice "is" There is plenty of time to go after the bigger bucks after you are a premiership winning player.
The cost of living in countries like Australia is out of control, Corporations, the rich are just obsessed with making money, collecting houses etc etc. Buying a house in most major cities in Aus will set you back 1.5 million for a shack, 2.5 million for an average home and over 3.5 million for a nice home. The professional rugby league players career is a very short one, you may have 2 years of a good healthy run, and all of a sudden you have busted knees, K Stanley is a great example.
I ❤️ St George, but if my most hated teams be it the Rorters, dogs or Scumulla, treated me well and paid me over $800,000 for a 4 years, surely my old man would have the smarts to advise me on which path to take, no brainer, a roof over my head is more important these days than a ring around my finger.
You have it the wrong way around, make the money, set yourself up first, then chase a Premierships.

Last edited:

Trifili13

Juniors
The cost of living in countries like Australia is out of control, Corporations, the rich are just obsessed with making money, collecting houses etc etc. Buying a house in most major cities in Aus will set you back 1.5 million for a shack, 2.5 million for an average home and over 3.5 million for a nice home. The professional rugby league players career is a very short one, you may have 2 years of a good healthy run, and all of a sudden you have busted knees, K Stanley is a great example.
I ❤️ St George, but if my most hated teams be it the Rorters, dogs or Scumulla, treated me well and paid me over $800,000 for a 4 years, surely my old man would have the smarts to advise me on which path to take, no brainer, a roof over my head is more important these days than a ring around my finger.
You have it the wrong way around, make the money, set yourself up first, then chase a Premierships.
Hi 56to66, but what about the 'club culture' that we keep hearing about from some teams? Surely that helps to set your family up compared to actual dollars in your pocket. Don't you know players have a short career and want to experience 'club culture' rather than set themselves up.