What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

TheRev

Coach
Could be so many factors that go into whether a junior stays or goes.. but if we are talking about Ward.. I liked him a running 6, maybe a 7 in time..., but LKT & Hammoud are probably leapfrogging him pretty quickly in the 6 jersey.. and Reed is the heir apparent in the 7 jersey (could also play 6), plus I think we will buy in a backup 7 yet who will play NSW Cup.

So I dont really see it as a big deal that he goes.. when 2xSG sides mash into an existing Flegg side.. 2 out of 3 players in any given position are going to be moved on (just using napkin mathematics there, obviously there are exceptions).

TheRev

Coach
Big Rig reckoned Lodge was done also, not sure why a delay in announcing, unless its just the social media team needing an extra day or 2.. or they want to bundle a few announcements up.. its a big week this week if media is correct we meet with JAC and Gutho.

If we get Lodge though, surely he can get Gutho onboard and they can work out some arrangement from the northern beaches.

We know flanno has a knack of bringing certain players along.

I hope you do sign Gutho and he’d be an excellent foil for Sloan and be a good teacher. Knock some of that inconsistency out his game.

He’s not a thug like Ennis, but Gutho is a leader with some old school in him, lots of experience and pretty valuable in the post Hunt world.

If the stars align, if he’s cost effective, i think he would be a very exciting signing for you.

He has a small but committed following amongst the wt rank and file who don’t quite trust Bula under the high ball atm anyway. We have to discuss Gutho’s virtues in a clandestine and covert manner because it’s basically heresy. We know better. Truth shall always win out in the end.

Best of luck with Gutho.

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
My little boy was about 5 and he cried. It was a nail biter of a game

watch that clip from 11.40 to 11.54 - the commentators go "this is no good. this is no good" and Mary is reeling

good one Hunt
There's never been a better example of a game where if we swap halfbacks we win that game. Reynolds has always been a better game manager and pulls clutch plays out of his ass for breakfast. Reynolds kicked more field goals in that game than Hunt has kicked in his whole career....says it all.......

Crush

Coach
There's never been a better example of a game where if we swap halfbacks we win that game. Reynolds has always been a better game manager and pulls clutch plays out of his ass for breakfast. Reynolds kicked more field goals in that game than Hunt has kicked in his whole career....says it all.......
What I wouldn’t give for a halfback that just leads the team around the field, kicks for the corners when his forwards need a break, knows when to run, when to get the backs early ball and can kick a field goal on the buzzer to win a game when required.
DCE is a great example of this.

Biglance

Bench
Big Rig reckoned Lodge was done also, not sure why a delay in announcing, unless its just the social media team needing an extra day or 2.. or they want to bundle a few announcements up.. its a big week this week if media is correct we meet with JAC and Gutho.

If we get Lodge though, surely he can get Gutho onboard and they can work out some arrangement from the nornorthernaches
Surely the lodge non announcement and potentional huth one is us trying not to use all our spots with these guys in case marquees drop in our lap until we move on our dead weight.

Flano must trust lodges word he's committed and vice versa

Latest posts