What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's signings have changed the losing mentality of the team.

millersnose

Post Whore
Results show we have improved this year on last.

Would be nice to match stickys effort of getting us to equal first at round 26.

Fingers crossed.

though i dont speak for him I suspect DS is pointing out sticky upon reaching that pinnacle with a side he largely didnt recruit promptly expelled several leading members of that team and the following disaster speaks for itself

a strong argument can be made that the recruiting under flanno - for whatever reason - has clearly yielded better results than stickies

though i dont speak for him I suspect DS is pointing out sticky upon reaching that pinnacle with a side he largely didnt recruit promptly expelled several leading members of that team and the following disaster speaks for itself

a strong argument can be made that the recruiting under flanno - for whatever reason - has clearly yielded better results than stickies

Yes Ricky Stuart inherited the 2008 team.

The 2009 and 2010 team were Ricky Stuart teams.

I'll back Flanno's recruitment over Stuart's any day.

When Flanno has had the same amount of seasons at the Sharks I will compare them.

Simmons and Kimmorley

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Everyone thought we wouldn't miss Noddy and people like yourself blamed him for boring football.

What do you know the next two years without him the Sharks finished at the bottom of the ladder and the football got worse as a spectical.

The one constant was Ricky Stuart.

The same Ricky Stuart that said the Club was a basket case and walked out on it.

Stuart blamed Noddy and then he blamed the Club.

Never took any responsability of any of the shyte that the Club had become.

Such an arrogant farker!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Everyone thought we wouldn't miss Noddy and people like yourself blamed him for boring football.

What do you know the next two years without him the Sharks finished at the bottom of the ladder and the football got worse as a spectical.

The same Ricky Stuart that said the Club was a basket case and walked out on it.

Such an arrogant farker!

You know nothing. Less than nothing if that is possible.

spider

Coach

Yet to be seen millers

Finish equal first and make the show qualifier and it will be a yes - as I said, fingers crossed.

Provided we don't go out the same way - 4 of us recall that misery too well that night, but it was a good drink afterward for those that aimed up ;-)

We've been over this and over this.. If you can't accept the impact that the external issues had on the team at the end of 08 then the train wreck that was the off field for 09.. Well. I dunno anymore. I give up.

GreatWhiteShark

Juniors

Such an arrogant farker!

Completely agree. Stuart isn't a great coach, nor a great man-manager.

Blind Freddy (pardon the pun) could've won a comp with the Roosters in 2002.

Stuart has done absolutely nothing as a coach since.

GreatWhiteShark

Juniors
Dont do anythign rash Gregos! We need more sanity around this place.

Ha! Never doubted Sticky's passion for RL and building a group of committed players at the Sharks, but having dealt with the guy a few times, he just rubs people the wrong way. He's arrogant (or at least was in his time at Cronulla), plain and simple. And his results at the Sharks - no matter what the circumstances - gave him no reason to be that way.

Ask a player like Josh Hannay, who never heard boo from Stuart when he was dropped. Surely, no matter how shit you're playing, an explanation - and a way to improve your game - is what a coach is meant to provide for the good of the team and the individual. I believe a few other players (all, for the record, aren't Stuart's "favourites") feel the same way.

Flanno, touch wood, is proving to be a good bloke, a decent coach, a better man-manager and a much better judge of talent. Here's hoping those positives continue to show themselves for at least a few more years.

redback

Bench
Ha! Never doubted Sticky's passion for RL and building a group of committed players at the Sharks, but having dealt with the guy a few times, he just rubs people the wrong way. He's arrogant (or at least was in his time at Cronulla), plain and simple. And his results at the Sharks - no matter what the circumstances - gave him no reason to be that way.

Ask a player like Josh Hannay, who never heard boo from Stuart when he was dropped. Surely, no matter how shit you're playing, an explanation - and a way to improve your game - is what a coach is meant to provide for the good of the team and the individual. I believe a few other players (all, for the record, aren't Stuart's "favourites") feel the same way.

Flanno, touch wood, is proving to be a good bloke, a decent coach, a better man-manager and a much better judge of talent. Here's hoping those positives continue to show themselves for at least a few more years.

Good post. I hope Stuart gets what he deserves after Origin. Any club that offers him a coaching position will get what they deserve as well!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Ha! Never doubted Sticky's passion for RL and building a group of committed players at the Sharks

This is why I thought he would be perfect for Origin, good motivator and passionate.

As for Sticky the club coach..

Ive never understood why someone as a player who was so good, can be clueless when it comes to that key spot i.e halfback. His style of coaching certainly seems to smother any creativity, well it did at the Sharks.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

Hmm. You would ahve thought the assistant coach would have been talking/contacting while the head coach was out recruiting, training, finding sponsors, media etc.?
Hannay was dropped because of more than what you have been told. He was treating the Sharks as free ride & it was the players that gave him up to Stuart.
Cuthbetson was another & he was a Sticky signing.
Buster was another who was well on the way to pharking up after he arrived & was a loose canon. Luckily , he wanted to redeem himself.

redback

Bench
Hmm. You would ahve thought the assistant coach would have been talking/contacting while the head coach was out recruiting, training, finding sponsors, media etc.?
Hannay was dropped because of more than what you have been told. He was treating the Sharks as free ride & it was the players that gave him up to Stuart.
Cuthbetson was another & he was a Sticky signing.
Buster was another who was well on the way to pharking up after he arrived & was a loose canon. Luckily , he wanted to redeem himself.

More made up dribble! I bet you heard this from the players directly?

Pig Champion

Juniors
The one consistent thing since 2004, I think thats when Lang came on board, is Lang, Anderson and Stuart all took us to the final.

Let's forget about the past, surely the hurt will never end, Flanagan gets us to a final, then hopefully one further.

In other words, as supporters f**k politics.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Pig. Take the blue tablets at night mate, not the red ones.

johnny Lang was gone 4 years by 04. In fact he'd already won a premiership with the Pennys.

Latest posts