What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's signings have changed the losing mentality of the team.

M2D2

Bench
Pom hasnt been going great, hes still f**king up our entire backline is stuffing up semi regularly. Poms Defense on saturday was not up to scratch.
It seems once he does a backslam everyone forgets about his missed tackles and bad reads.
Everyone is still screwing up but some of you are ignoring one to shift blame onto another. My horse is Pomeroy. GET ON THE RIGHT HORSE!
But yes. Stapo can go in the cannon.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
How about we just say that they both have some good ideas and some not so good ideas, and they just combine together to produce what we have now
hahah . Too funny.
so what your trying to do is placate the nuffies, the DS's, Redders, Snoops etc to try & stop threads from degenerating?
Its fairly straiught foward, There are nuffy cowards & there aren't.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Pom hasnt been going great, hes still f**king up our entire backline is stuffing up semi regularly. Poms Defense on saturday was not up to scratch.
It seems once he does a backslam everyone forgets about his missed tackles and bad reads.
Everyone is still screwing up but some of you are ignoring one to shift blame onto another. My horse is Pomeroy. GET ON THE RIGHT HORSE!
But yes. Stapo can go in the cannon.
you are wrong. Completely. He may not be gasnier(2)(the best in my life time) but he is going good. Very good. Your criticism is bias, Flawed & juvenile.

redback

Bench
hahah . Too funny.
so what your trying to do is placate the nuffies, the DS's, Redders, Snoops etc to try & stop threads from degenerating?

Everytime you are losing an argument you throw the word coward in to somehow imply you are a "big and tough man", thinking it deflects from the point that you are pathetic!

The more you go on, the more you are embarrassing yourself! I reckon it's time you moved fulltime to the Bulldogs forum and follow your favourite player Inu.

spider

Coach
It's been a very good year for Pom.

Not only leading the try scoring but also leads in hurting Curtiss's also.

If it was possible, looks like he added a few kilos to his fame.

roboshark

Coach
hahah . Too funny.
It would be handy every so often to stop threads from degenerating. Some threads will always fall away, but Geezus not every thread would be great

Tucky

Juniors
It's been a very good year for Pom.

Not only leading the try scoring but also leads in hurting Curtiss's also.

If it was possible, looks like he added a few kilos to his fame.

I agree Spider. I reckon he's going as well as 2008 when he was selected for City.

He still has the occasional clanger in both attack and defence but on the whole he's been great.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I agree on Pomm also, way more sting in his approach to defense this year. Hit's holes very hard and is a handfull for the opposition. Yes he still has the odd penis fingers moment but what he has brought to the team this year far outweighs those indiscretions. I just hope he doesn't pull one at at a crucial point in the semi's if we get there.

Pommeroy is having a good season.

he's still a bit of a gumby. but he has that genius strength that f**ks people up.

pom slam against melbourne etc.

Frailty

First Grade
On the Sharp-Flanagan debate - both have their faults and strengths, and they are working extremely well together and it should be priority for the club to ensure this partnership continues. Every coach has strong points and weak points. Stuart was great at setting up the development in the club and getting the most out of a good squad, but struggles to find good balance in his squads over a period of time - which is why you saw poor performances following great seasons when he lead the Roosters and Sharks. Very few are great all round coaches.

As for Pom, has been playing a lot better this year though he still has some down right shocking moments. His defence on Saturday was questioning with a few turnstyle attempts which luckily did not result in points for the Warriors (his goal line defence was pretty good).

Stapo had a shocker on Saturday, but really stood up and saved us from defeat when he made that tackle in the corner. I've been 'better' players fail to do what he did.

Our outside backs are definitely the weak point in our team, and our inside 20 attack is predictable. This is the area we need to work on, but I'm positive it will improve - just like how our offloads have, and our repeat sets have.

DJShaksta

First Grade
I prefer to think the Flanno/Sharpe coaching goes like this:
Flanno does the first 70mins.
Sharpe looks after the last 10.

SharkShocked

Bench
So which signings will we go after to fix the real issues, which are 1-5.

Flash is a great start... but who are we going to be seeing in our backline next year???

If there isn't much change to the lineup, would anyone say we are contenders next year?

Let alone writing us off this year.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Gordon & Stapo are coming off fairly big injuries. They will improve.i dont understand the hate.
Its obvious we wont be getting any more backs because we let Inu pass at $50k
To let him pass, we must be signin Jennings, Slater, Brett Stewart, Greg Inglis or mark gasnier? Didnt thinkthose guys were off contract

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Reefy did we pass on Inu or did he pass on us?
We have been talking to Inu since last year & apparently baulked at his price every time.
I thought he was expensive. in 2011 money.
However, if we get close this year, & we need a match winner on the big stage in the backs, then he was obviously the man. He has then paid for himself & then some.
Did we learn nothing from 08 & what it means having a strike player in the side?
Will be a shame if get close to only bow out like we did in 08

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
ESL?

Useless competition.
Steve Menzies is still playing there isn't he?
:lol:

The big boy sand pit of the NRL found him out.
Thanks for displaying your level of knowledge and intellect on the game outside of Sydney.

No point discussing the issue any further with you, clearly you know all there is to know.

Idiot.

Ads

First Grade
We have been talking to Inu since last year & apparently baulked at his price every time.
I thought he was expensive. in 2011 money.
However, if we get close this year, & we need a match winner on the big stage in the backs, then he was obviously the man. He has then paid for himself & then some.
Did we learn nothing from 08 & what it means having a strike player in the side?
Will be a shame if get close to only bow out like we did in 08

Completely agree though I do wonder if he rejected us for the dogs.

Twitter rumour has Omar joining us. That's a great signing if there's any truth behind it.

Latest posts