What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flano quit

Wizardman

First Grade
I've always said the day Flanagan writes a true tell-all biography about his time at the Sharks, I'll be buying it.

Feej

First Grade
I'm sure he probably has some sort of case for the ambulance chasers to move forward with, however, why didn't he ignore the emails or better still, let the NRL know that he was receiving them?

IMHO he's just as complicit in this as the club is.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
The latest Sharks article written just a couple of weeks ago by Dean Bitchy claimed that the Nrl were in secret crisis talks to relocate Cronulla should the Sharks collapse financially. In the last paragraph he slipped in that we wère about to receive a financial windfall from the development. One of the more blatant click baits on a quiet news day..... Buzz would have been proud. Put this one in the same category. The only thing that will keep the Sharks off the back page in coming weeks will be the media circus surrounding Hayne and DeBelin....,little Barry will be relieved that the vultures will have something real to write about.

I read that article this morning and immediately thought that whoever wrote it had been reading the forum.
The key word that they slipped in was "could "

snout

First Grade
Oh Shane.

You're an idiot.

You were instructed not to have contact.

That was part of your punisment for being an idiot and letting dank in.

The fact you couldn't or wouldnt follow the directive is your fault

Youre a grown man. You made the wrong choice.

Now youre the victim?
It was the clubs fault?

All along youve been an idiot when it came to common sense.

All along.

Quigs

Immortal
Question from the floor without notice : "Was Darren Weir ever part of our Training Group?"

Just asking for a friend.

Foz

Bench
Wondered from day one how they’d get Flannos payout done.
Legal option settle out of court.
Or am I being cynical?

Omnishark2

Juniors
The fact you couldn't or wouldnt follow the directive is your fault

Youre a grown man. You made the wrong choice.

Now youre the victim?
It was the clubs fault?

Spot on Snout - the onus was on Flanno to comply, and he didn't.
The suspension notice was for Flanno as an individual ... I think there'd be a very shaky legal basis for successfully taking action against the Sharks club, when the individual breached the conditions.

Weidler reporting that Flange is not taking the club to court.
I said it earlier and I'll say it again, the original report on The Tele read like it had been taken straight from this forum. Plus the key word "could" to protect themselves.

Danny Weidler

✔@Danny_Weidler

https://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler/status/1090415442227679234

Former Sharks coach Shane Flanagan has told the club he has no intention of taking legal action against them. John Morris remains favourite to take Flanagan’s position as coach. @9NewsSyd

12:04 PM - Jan 30, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
https://twitter.com/Danny_Weidler

Stake Removed

First Grade
I cannot see Flanno taking the club to court, it will bring out everything he is involved which cannot be positive for Flanno, and espically if he wants to coach again in the NRL

carcharias

Immortal
I reckon Flano will be back.
Give it 18 months.
Greenmerk will be gone by then.
f**k me , all he did was respond to emails.

AJB1102

First Grade
Did anyone think he wouldn't seek legal advice before appealing his ban?

It's not much to say he explored all options (shit legal advice if it didn't), including taking action against Sharks (exploring that option doesn't mean it's viable or something he'd like to pursue).

It could have been like...

Lawyer: Shane we've also looked into your options regarding your employer's role in this matter and right now we don't think that's something to pursue."

Even if he did move against Sharks the "Flanagan could take Sharks to court" is crap, that'd be a settlement everyday of the week.

Ennis better up his meds.

Been reported he is urging the Sharks board to appoint Anthony Griffin to coach the Sharks.

I’m sure Matt Moylan disagrees with you Mick......

M2D2

Bench
Ennis is a f**king idiot on this. Hook is Anderson all over again if we go that route.

Ennis better up his meds.

Been reported he is urging the Sharks board to appoint Anthony Griffin to coach the Sharks.

I’m sure Matt Moylan disagrees with you Mick......

I reckon Ennis is taking the piss, but in better news the Herald reported this morning that Barrett was officially out of the race.