What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flano quit

M2D2

Bench
Dont be surprised if we paid out Flanno SOME of his contract to leave now, so dont assume we have all his money to throw at a coach for THIS year.

Special K

Coach
I do not see why we would of paid Flanno anything after the NRL deregistered him. The contract is held with the NRL. Probably got 6 weeks worth of pay. I'm not a flanno fan but sucks he did not get to coach flanno jnr for the year.

Not saying I want Morris because he is cheap. I want him because he knows our jnrs the best and also every other clubs up and comers. We need youth around the big game players we have

snout

First Grade
Roosters already said at the end of last year they aren't letting O'Brien out of his contract.
No way any club would stand in the way of a guy offered a top job elsewhere.

Understandable if he was offered an assistant job with a rival club they'd say no - but with a first grade job theres an unwritten agreement you dont deny anyone that chance

M2D2

Bench
I do not see why we would of paid Flanno anything after the NRL deregistered him. The contract is held with the NRL. Probably got 6 weeks worth of pay. I'm not a flanno fan but sucks he did not get to coach flanno jnr for the year.

Not saying I want Morris because he is cheap. I want him because he knows our jnrs the best and also every other clubs up and comers. We need youth around the big game players we have
Probably go away money. Or as you said, 6 weeks from him quitting.

My thoughts are that Flanno and the club came to an agreement. Even though he has been deregistered by the NRL, his appeal is yet to be heard, thus technically he still could be coaching and why I said 3 months.
This has made it a clean break and we don't have to deal with the mess.
Like I said, just my thoughts.

Put an offer in front of him and it’s a different story. Can easily happen.

The West Tigers tried that mate when looking for Cleary's replacement. The Roosters management told the Tigers they would not release him from his contract considering he'd only just been signed. As such I doubt my club would change its stance in less than 2 months.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
My thoughts are that Flanno and the club came to an agreement. Even though he has been deregistered by the NRL, his appeal is yet to be heard, thus technically he still could be coaching and why I said 3 months.
This has made it a clean break and we don't have to deal with the mess.
Like I said, just my thoughts.
Agree with this.... think a parting payout is good business considering the good oil he'd have on the club in general. Wondering if he'll be allowed to watch the young bloke go round?

Stake Removed

First Grade
Matt Elliott would seem to be a better prospect than the other supposed options. His football knowledge is impressive.

HOWEVER, ha has failed at Penrith and the Warriors (was he at the Raiders, as well?)

Maybe his ability to transfer that knowledge to the players is an issue..?!?

If Elliott is bought in to help Jo Mo, could be the way to go

Stake Removed

First Grade
No way any club would stand in the way of a guy offered a top job elsewhere.

Understandable if he was offered an assistant job with a rival club they'd say no - but with a first grade job theres an unwritten agreement you dont deny anyone that chance

This is roosters though, he might be able to leave then a video gets released we are talking the biggest cheats in the game

Ads

First Grade
The West Tigers tried that mate when looking for Cleary's replacement. The Roosters management told the Tigers they would not release him from his contract considering he'd only just been signed. As such I doubt my club would change its stance in less than 2 months.
Contracts mean nothing.

Contracts mean nothing.

I may not know how your club operates, but I know how mine does. They've been very clear to Adam O'Brien and anyone outside the club that they will not give him a release to take up a head coaching job elsewhere due to only having just signed him for the coming season. You can say "contracts mean nothing" but my club is no push over when they want to keep someone, especially one under contract.

Ads

First Grade
I may not know how your club operates, but I know how mine does. They've been very clear to Adam O'Brien and anyone outside the club that they will not give him a release to take up a head coaching job elsewhere due to only having just signed him for the coming season. You can say "contracts mean nothing" but my club is no push over when they want to keep someone, especially one under contract.
Cool. If the sharks want him and he wants to come he’ll be our coach.