What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FnF on hold for Royal Wedding

Wedding or Footy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brutus

Referee
His bowling average is about to head back above 30, that is not the statistic of an above average test bowler..

That's why Brett Lee is overrated as a Test bowler.

He likes to quote the amount of wickets he has taken (after 76 tests), but you never hear him mention his average.

I think he is the only pace bowler with more than 300 Test wickets to have an average above 30.

Anyway, I digress...

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
Saw this and was about to bring it up... Ch 7 has already signalled it's intent to shift the games to mate or TWO, so I wouldn't be surprised if GEM or GO! ended up taking the footy... preferrably GEM so it can be in HD.

The round in question includes these possible candidates for FNF:

St George Illawarra v Parramatta
Brisbane v Canterbury
Gold Coast v Sydney
Canberra v Wests Tigers

Any game would be better than watching a couple of pommy snobs get married. Put the wedding on after the footy.

bobmar28

Bench
Do we still report to the Royal Family? Are we still part of the Commonwealth? You would be surprised how much political influence the Royal Family still has on this country. The Royal Family influences ALL Australians in some way. From the PM reporting to the GG, to messages from the UK to all the treaties we have signed and much much more. The NRL only influences those who support it. Pretty simple really.:roll::crazy:

You might not like them, but they still hold some level of power over our country and it's citizens. The fact that the Queen's face is plastered all over our currency is a daily reminder. The Royal Wedding matters, and until we are a republic it will always matter. If or when we become a republic any Royal Wedding will still be a culturally significant event, and will likely take priority over the NRL at least until our history is still forgotten.

That has to change soon. We need to have a referendum at the next election.

Who wants to watch a bunch of toffee nosed so called royalty get hitched...get a pre-nup whoever the bloke is that is getting sentenced.

The only royalty I know is Scott Prince...

ch9 schedule for that Night

7pm - 7:45pm Game 1 FnF 1st half
7:45pm - 12:30Am Royal Wedding and Reception
12:30am - 1:15am Game 1 FnF 2nd half
1:15am 2nd FnF game

chefman21

Juniors

Yes we do. Actually, probably need to wait another five - seven years until some of those old fogies kick the bucket and there are more young voters. I'm still 50/50 on it. Have to sit down and do some more reading.

stormbati

Bench
Lets see, im gonna bust my arse at work all week, come home on Friday, grab a beer and watch.....oh f**k that.

f**k the Queen.
The wedding is "culturally significant"???
Get the f**k outta here. Australia has past its days of being England's bitch.

BunniesMan

Immortal
What's the point of another referendum. It's just a waste of money. Noone will agree on a republican model before the referendum, and people won't vote for a republic in a referendum until they know what they're voting for, me included.

The question is a lot more complicated than just "monarchy or republic". Some people are very strongly against an elected president, some people are very strongly against a selected president. Until that is figured out no point in having a referendum.

And besides, one of our major party leaders is a monarchist, and the other has said no referendum until the Queen dies at least. So even if we figure out what we want it might not happen for another 20 years.

It won't surprise me if 2030 rolls around we're still the Queen's loyal subjects...

chefman21

Juniors
What's the point of another referendum. It's just a waste of money. Noone will agree on a republican model before the referendum, and people won't vote for a republic in a referendum until they know what they're voting for, me included.

The question is a lot more complicated than just "monarchy or republic". Some people are very strongly against an elected president, some people are very strongly against a selected president. Until that is figured out no point in having a referendum.

And besides, one of our major party leaders is a monarchist, and the other has said no referendum until the Queen dies at least. So even if we figure out what we want it might not happen for another 20 years.

Exactly! We can have all the referendum's we want but until we figure out a model which will be accepted by most Australian's then it's just a waste.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Also regarding just waiting for old people to die to get a republic passed, it's not that simple. A lot of people gen Y and younger aren't as solidly behind a republic as you'd think. Just tell a teenage girl that staying a monarchy means having William and Kate as our King and Queen one day and they'll instantly turn into life long monarchists.

I've heard actual conversations go something like this:
"So, like, if we become a republic will William and Kate, like, be our King and Queen one day?"
"No"
"Eww, f**k that then, I, like, don't even want a republic now"