What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R2 - Dragons v Knights - *Live Scores & Discussion*

simon says

First Grade
To be honest....I think Carney and Mullen are both a bit overhyped,as is my own Bunji boy.

But I rate Careny a little better as I rate him a more dangerous runner in traffic.Ive seen Mullin in the clear,he has plenty of toe,but I must say Ive been dissapointed with his lack of oomph close to the line this year.

I guess with Joey being so dangerous close to the line it may make it worse.....

RABK

Referee
Mullen did one chip kick, MacDougall bombed a certain try by dropping it. That was with about 25 to go i think.

The 'Chip' you are refering to must be the clearing kick that got caught in the wind and didn't go far at all.

Rusty

Juniors
The more games Mullen plays without Joey the better. That is the only way Mullen will make the position he's own. Mullen needs to develop his own game and that will take him time..but he will never dominate the game like Joey nor reach the same heights and I think people need to starting getting used to it.

Burwood

Bench
Mullen was let down by his inconsistency last night. There is no doubt that he has the skills required to make it in the game, but at this stage of his career he still has a lot of things to learn. That chip kick of his reeked of Matty Orford- going for a low % play at the wrong time. To make matters worse we were up on the scoreboard at the time so there was no point n going for the play. Yes, it is good that he was still looking to score and not sit on the lead, but there were better options available to him.

And a lot of his kicks that went dead in-goal shouldn't really be a problem in the future- he would have learned a valuable lesson last night that it is better to drop the ball a 1m shorter and get the repeat set. He has the kicking game to be able to place the ball on a dime.

simon says

First Grade
Jobdog said:
Not inside our own half he didnt. One chip kick off the top of my head went straight to MacDougall who if he catches it, scores, but no chip kicks inside his own half.

No...I remember that one.

Im sure you guys did one late in your own half.

Ill have to watch it again.

Looks for Fox remote.

Johns Magic

Referee
I can't say I'm rating our form, but this is the first time in years we've won consistently without Johns. Buderus' absence is also heartening.

I'm just waiting to see how much their injection into the side will lift our game.

simon says

First Grade
Burwood said:
Mullen was let down by his inconsistency last night. There is no doubt that he has the skills required to make it in the game, but at this stage of his career he still has a lot of things to learn. That chip kick of his reeked of Matty Orford- going for a low % play at the wrong time. To make matters worse we were up on the scoreboard at the time so there was no point n going for the play. Yes, it is good that he was still looking to score and not sit on the lead, but there were better options available to him.

Thats what Im talking about.....I remember Joey saying that it was good that they hadnt stopped thinking about points.

Raider_69

Post Whore
as for mullen v carney
imo both are great talents, both will only get better as the season wears on and both will wear the sky blue and compliment each other beautifully

Burwood

Bench
simon says said:
Thats what Im talking about.....I remember Joey saying that it was good that they hadnt stopped thinking about points.

Yep, Joey acknowledged that Mullen had the right frame of mind, but it was not a play that he would have gone with personally.

RABK

Referee
I'd rather Mullen and Carney as the NSW halves then Anasta, Kimmorley, Orford, Finch, Gower etc.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
I'd rather Mullen and Carney as the NSW halves then Anasta, Kimmorley, Orford, Finch, Gower etc.

dunno about this year, i think the NSW selectors will go with a tried combo, and lose big time... come next series they'll look to the future, if mullen and carney have good seasons this year and back up on that early next. They are right in there for a go

God-King Dean

Immortal
juggalo_strit said:
A quick mention to the Dragons Army you were very quiet, here is a good song to sing - "YOU ONLY SING WHEN YOU'RE WINNING, YOU ONLY SING WHEN YOU'RE WINNING, SING WHEN YOU'RE WINNING!

Ah, another jealous wanker. They never stopped chanting, even when we were losing in the last 10 minutes they were still going. Oh, but do forgive me, they could never match the power of the Mighty Green Brigade :cool:

P.S Creagh = God

perverse

Referee
we're winning and we're in pretty poor form.. what does that say about when we hit some good form?

mullen/johns for NSW is looking more possible every week.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Immortal said:
Ah, another jealous wanker. They never stopped chanting, even when we were losing in the last 10 minutes they were still going. Oh, but do forgive me, they could never match the power of the Mighty Green Brigade :cool:

P.S Creagh = God

who the bloody hell are the green brigade??

ps. Dragons Army - vastly over-rated, the burrow are the best ive encountered

Misanthrope

Staff member
Kurt Gidley, if he maintains his form, could be a very good chance of a NSW berth this year. Fullback might be a tall ask, but so far no NSW fullback's stepped up. Still, Mini or Hodgson will stake a claim - no doubt. A bench spot isn't out of the question.

Johns Magic

Referee
CWBush said:
Kurt Gidley, if he maintains his form, could be a very good chance of a NSW berth this year. Fullback might be a tall ask, but so far no NSW fullback's stepped up. Still, Mini or Hodgson will stake a claim - no doubt. A bench spot isn't out of the question.

Wade McKinnon

Misanthrope

Staff member
Wade McKinnon

lol, srsly

He looked ok for New Zealand last week, but he's in that boat of being one of those guys who will probably spend his entire career being perpetually overlooked.

Johns Magic

Referee
CWBush said:
lol, srsly

He looked ok for New Zealand last week, but he's in that boat of being one of those guys who will probably spend his entire career being perpetually overlooked.

He's a New South Wales fullback who has "stepped up" this season though.

DeeGan

Bench
If Kurt Gidley maintains the form from last night, he is almost impossible to ingore as the utility selected on the bench for NSW.

Latest posts