What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R2 - Dragons v Knights - *Live Scores & Discussion*

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Raider_69 said:
is it possible for any knights fan to discuss a league issue without bringing up Todd Carney? You blokes are more in love with him then we raiders fans are. Ill say the same thing to you as i said to other wanker, play the ball, not the man

You cant honestly sit there and tell me Mullen was ultra impressive last night? He had an extremely inconsistant game, the knights for the most part, lacked direction and organisation, isnt that Mullen's job as a halfback? Face it, if johns were to retire today, Mullen would not be ready to fill his shoes. But he has still got at the very least the rest of the year to pick it up, id be silly to say a bloke of his ability cant do it, but at the moment he just isnt there yet, last night was proof of that
No he wasn't "ultra-impressive" but then again, he didn't need to be. Kidley was sensational and Mullen was providing the last-tackle options. If you watch the game again, you will see that he came into his own in the final 20 providing the right play at the right time. Also keeping in mind that he had a few pain-killers into his ribs before kickoff. I wont say that if he doesn't play, we don't win, but it would have been a lot more difficult for the boys to have gotten up.

Johns Magic

Referee
Mullen had a very average game last night imo, a poor performance by his usual standards.

Still, his presence was vital in our win.

RABK

Referee
Absolute bullsh*t, Mullen has shown a tremendous amount of talent in leading the Knights to 6 wins in a row as chief playmaker. Future origin player all over him.

Think we Knights fans give a sh*t what you think of him? He's the goods and we know it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
No he wasn't "ultra-impressive" but then again, he didn't need to be. Kidley was sensational and Mullen was providing the last-tackle options. If you watch the game again, you will see that he came into his own in the final 20 providing the right play at the right time. Also keeping in mind that he had a few pain-killers into his ribs before kickoff. I wont say that if he doesn't play, we don't win, but it would have been a lot more difficult for the boys to have gotten up.

the right plays at the right time?
you mean like with 3 minutes to go, deep in their own half, leading by 4 points, instead of drilling the ball long, deep and into touch making saints trek it back from inside their own half, he skys the footy to make 20 yards off a kick, leaving them to defend 35 out from their line and give saints a chance to snatch the game?

yea i see what you mean

simon says

First Grade
You Knights fans must be stoked.

Two games......and you were in trouble too,and to come out and win against more fancied opponents.

I dont rate your form,but I rate your 4 points BIG TIME......

RABK

Referee
Raider_69 said:
you mean like with 3 minutes to go, deep in their own half, leading by 4 points, instead of drilling the ball long, deep and into touch making saints trek it back from inside their own half, he skys the footy to make 20 yards off a kick, leaving them to defend 35 out from their line and give saints a chance to snatch the game?

yea i see what you mean

He was kicking into very strong wind you plonk.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Carney way in front? :lol: Yeah, leading his team to a smashing by Manly, hopeless kicking game, hopeless running game. Mullen's lead two victories over two of the top teams in the comp this year.

We'll see next week who's better out of Mullen and Carney :).

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So the fact that we were running right into a gale has nothing to do with it? :roll:

simon says

First Grade
Raider_69 said:

yea i see what you mean

I could not believe he did that.....I was riding the Knights home and I nearly choked on my beer/popcorn.

Chip kicks in the last 5,in your own half when you are in front are a BIG no no in my book.

RABK

Referee
simon says said:

Two games......and you were in trouble too,and to come out and win against more fancied opponents.

Stoked, but not so much about the competition points but because Brian Smith is doing what Knights fans have been begging for - giving our quality juniors a run ahead of useless hacks.

Thank f**k Hagan is gone.

Jono078

Referee
simon says said:

The way I see it is..

We are usually rubbish without our best player, let alone our 2 best!

So if we can win those sort of games we can probably go a long way if Johns and Buderus can play near their best and the rest of the team keeps up their effort of the past 2 games.

I didnt think much of our team coming into round 1. Even though the last 2 games have been ugly they are still 4 points closer to getting us in the 8, then come finals, with a fit team, anything can happen.

I'm really happy that we have gotten the points :D

simon says

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:
Absolute bullsh*t, Mullen has shown a tremendous amount of talent in leading the Knights to 6 wins in a row as chief playmaker. Future origin player all over him.

Think we Knights fans give a sh*t what you think of him? He's the goods and we know it.

Wow the master of Tekken has fired up....8 hit combo there.......

If you dont care what others think,why are you all expletively fired up????

RABK

Referee
simon says said:
Wasnt it a chip kick.......are we talking about the same kick???

I thought we were talking about the 'clearing' kick mullen attempted that only went to the 40 and gave the Dragons good field position.

simon says

First Grade
Mmmmm,he did a chip that was pretty late in the game.

Does that ring a bell?????

I remember Gould commenting saying it was a dangerous play late in the game.....I agreed.

Unless Id had too many beers and have imagined this whole episode?????

RABK

Referee
simon says said:
Wow the master of Tekken has fired up....8 hit combo there.......

If you dont care what others think,why are you all expletively fired up????

Fired up? Laughing more like it. Carney ahead of Mullen indeed.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
simon says said:
Mmmmm,he did a chip that was pretty late in the game.

Does that ring a bell?????
Not inside our own half he didnt. One chip kick off the top of my head went straight to MacDougall who if he catches it, scores, but no chip kicks inside his own half.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
He was kicking into very strong wind you plonk.

and he was in poor positioning, his team playing the ball near the sideline, why didnt Mullen take control and direct the team mid field, kicking from a sideline play the ball is a cardinal sin, there is only one way the ball can go, which gives chasers all the chance in the world to apply pressure... facts are facts, johns or any other self respecting play maker would have drilled that ball down the line and into touch, avoiding the wind and chewing up time with a scrum in the process... mullen like many times throughout the night, took a poor option and it could of cost his side 2 points... the chip kick was another poor option mullen took, a nothing play

i agree with simon, dont rate your form at all (and no i dont rate ours either so lets not go there) but rate the 4 points next to your name.

ShineDog

Juniors
Dragons were crap.Wooden spoon here we come.
One man team...season over.
Why did I back them...who knows, they have no chance this year.
Raiders will flog them.