What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R2 - Dragons v Knights - *Live Scores & Discussion*

Pigskin

Juniors
This Year? said:
Did you watch the Bulldogs-Panthers game??

yes, 1 team turned up

I'm 0/2 for the weekend, back to trying to figure out which team will turn up, rather than who has the best roster/coach and who is in or out

Oink !

ps ... no not this year, and not till you get a coach

renouf

Juniors
Captain_Fred said:
Cause he didn't have that good a game :p
Kurt Gidley deserved that MOTM...was absolutely everywhere tonight, just like last week

Umm yeah... I still think he was better then Gidley. He setup at least 2 tries, maybe a 3rd... and his kicking game was pinpoint. I guarantee you they wouldn't of won tonight if he wasn't out there.

BG

Juniors
Pigskin said:
both have players to come back in that will make a difference but both sides will need massive improvement to do anything in 2007

When you consider who those players are, you can count on the fact that massive improvement will be an understatement.

RABK

Referee
Well i just got back form the pub and it was a good game, we'll go well this year at ful strngth, good luck, look out and good night.

The Informer

Juniors
Dragons were crook, and that's being polite. It was almost a matter of "no, we keep telling you we just don't want to win this game, here you have the ball again and try harder".

The inexperience and lack of combination really showed, the quality sitting on the sidelines for both sides made it even uglier. From my rough count the Knights first 3 pass play for the game was in the 39th minute, the Smith Knights now a boring game of physical chess. But the Knight have 4 points more than many will have by Tuesday.

I think the form out of the game is terrible, compounded by the quaility on the sidelines.

~knights~

Juniors
renouf said:
How on earth didn't Jarrod Mullen get MOTM on ch9? He was damn good tonight... hes certainly the future in the halves for the Knights.

Gidley was on fire!!!

Mullen played ok....seen him play better

he wasn't 100% last night

Reckon he was only playing cause they had no other option...with joey still heavily concussed

simon says

First Grade
~knights~ said:
Gidley was on fire!!!

Mullen played ok....seen him play better

he wasn't 100% last night

Reckon he was only playing cause they had no other option...with joey still heavily concussed

I reckon Mullin was ordinary...all he did was kick on the last.I didnt see any creativity out of him whatsoever.

Unlike Gidley who was there go to man.....he was everywhere,busting tackles,giving pases.

Great game from Gidley and he was the standout on the field......extremely ordinary performance by Mullin who was made to look ordinary by Abraham and Gidley IMO.

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
I reckon Mullin was ordinary...all he did was kick on the last.I didnt see any creativity out of him whatsoever.

Unlike Gidley who was there go to man.....he was everywhere,busting tackles,giving pases.

Great game from Gidley and he was the standout on the field......extremely ordinary performance by Mullin who was made to look ordinary by Abraham and Gidley IMO.

agreed
Mullen played averagely imo, nice pass for the first try, some neat little kicks to force repeated sets, but his game was mared by poor 5th tackle options, drop ball and some poor options, the way the com team went on was embarassing, seems he will be the new johns with them also :roll:

simon says

First Grade
The Informer said:
Dragons were crook, and that's being polite. It was almost a matter of "no, we keep telling you we just don't want to win this game, here you have the ball again and try harder".

The inexperience and lack of combination really showed, the quality sitting on the sidelines for both sides made it even uglier. From my rough count the Knights first 3 pass play for the game was in the 39th minute, the Smith Knights now a boring game of physical chess. But the Knight have 4 points more than many will have by Tuesday.

I think the form out of the game is terrible, compounded by the quaility on the sidelines.

I thought Smith summed it up pretty well after the game.Both sides were ordinary but very gutsy.Both will improve.

Neither team looked like they wanted to win it with a plethora of silly mistakes,especially Saints,every time they would edge in front, bang another silly mistake.The Knights werent far behind....

I must say that the flow of the game wasnt helped by Clarke blowing the pea out of his whistle......

Kudos to both sets of forwards who bashed eachother all night,especially Ryles with 160 metres and the two reserves from the Knights,Tolar and White.....they both look extremely promising.

The difference was Gidley.......Saints had little spark from their halves,and Gidley provided a couple of magic moments that won them the game.

simon says

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
agreed
Mullen played averagely imo, nice pass for the first try, some neat little kicks to force repeated sets, but his game was mared by poor 5th tackle options, drop ball and some poor options, the way the com team went on was embarassing, seems he will be the new johns with them also :roll:

Agreed.....there seems to be more hype than actual ability atm......

For mine he didnt take on the line enough,if at all.

If Johnsy had been there last night he would have taken control close to the line and they would have scored more for sure.

Mullin wasnt involved unless it was the fifth tackle kick option.

Bicey_18

Bench
Keep in mind though guys, Mullen is not 100%, was nearly ruled out earlier so it was a gutsy effort

Jono078

Referee
The way Gidley is going.. If Widders almost made origin in 2005, surely Gidley will this year as the super-sub if he keeps going the way he is!

simon says

First Grade
While Im at it......Creagh definitely looks to be a possible elite player,good metres and a stinger in defence.

But for him to go to the Origin level,he has to get rid of the silly mistakes that marr his game,especially in the play the ball.

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
While Im at it......Creagh definitely looks to be a possible elite player,good metres and a stinger in defence.

But for him to go to the Origin level,he has to get rid of the silly mistakes that marr his game,especially in the play the ball.

agree agian, i commented during the game, his work in both offence and defence was first class, he has that silly mistake in his game at the moment, but if he can iron that out, he'll rep at all levels.

Last night proved to me that Mullen is not ready for life after johns as knights fans would have you believe, and has a fair way to go before he is. But definitely a player to be mindful of when coming up against a knights team WITH johns

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Raider_69 said:
agree agian, i commented during the game, his work in both offence and defence was first class, he has that silly mistake in his game at the moment, but if he can iron that out, he'll rep at all levels.

Last night proved to me that Mullen is not ready for life after johns as knights fans would have you believe, and has a fair way to go before he is. But definitely a player to be mindful of when coming up against a knights team WITH johns
:lol:!! You really have no idea do you? But then again, you're the one saying Todd Carney is the next big thing

Jono078

Referee
Raider_69 said:

What would be classified as someone being ready for life after Johns?

It is only round 2, he will get better as time goes on, he seems to be quite a bit heavier so will take him time to adjust to that, and Brian's new gameplan.

He'll come good.

But if he can lead the Knights to finals after Johns, who knows. He is probably the best man for the job if anyone can do it though.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jobdog said:
:lol:!! You really have no idea do you? But then again, you're the one saying Todd Carney is the next big thing

is it possible for any knights fan to discuss a league issue without bringing up Todd Carney? You blokes are more in love with him then we raiders fans are. Ill say the same thing to you as i said to other wanker, play the ball, not the man

You cant honestly sit there and tell me Mullen was ultra impressive last night? He had an extremely inconsistant game, the knights for the most part, lacked direction and organisation, isnt that Mullen's job as a halfback? Face it, if johns were to retire today, Mullen would not be ready to fill his shoes. But he has still got at the very least the rest of the year to pick it up, id be silly to say a bloke of his ability cant do it, but at the moment he just isnt there yet, last night was proof of that

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jono078 said:
What would be classified as someone being ready for life after Johns?

It is only round 2, he will get better as time goes on, he seems to be quite a bit heavier so will take him time to adjust to that, and Brian's new gameplan.

He'll come good.

But if he can lead the Knights to finals after Johns, who knows. He is probably the best man for the job if anyone can do it though.

goodo someone with a clue, kudos for argueing the point, rather then turning this into a carney things.

Id say being ready would be taking control of the knights, giving them direction, providing leadership and taking on the responsibilites of johns, i dont think he did any of that last night, as simon said, he only looked to get interest when the 5th tackle came around and then it was a 50/50 on weather it'd be a beaut play or rubbish. I too think he'll come good and will go alright without johns in the future, but he just isnt ready just now. But your right, if anyone in the knights team has got it in them to fill john's shoes, it mullen.

simon says

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Face it, if johns were to retire today, Mullen would not be ready to fill his shoes. But he has still got at the very least the rest of the year to pick it up, id be silly to say a bloke of his ability cant do it, but at the moment he just isnt there yet, last night was proof of that

Agreed.Its only early,and who knows by the end of this year,or even the next he could be Johns mark 2.

But atm.....he looks a little undercooked to be the new messiah.

And.....I would say that as far as abilty to control/run a team that Carney looks to be way in front of Mullen.

Latest posts