What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R2 - Panthers v Bulldogs - *Live Scores & Discussion*

mattyg

Bench
when panthers fans were whinging about it too you know theres something wrong. It was just annoying from a fans perspective, if you had been there you'd be saying the same thing

Raider_69

Post Whore
mxlegend99 said:
Dunno Raiders fans, i'm liking the new coach. Lang would have never dropped a guy at the last minute to include Michael Jennings. He also wouldn't have given Wallace a chance. Both guys were incredible for us.

win/win then isnt it
your happy, we're happy
thought dont be surprised if next week you see a round 1 esque performance, elliott coached teams results are littered with these kind of performances back off and on to extremely poor ones.

Also wallace should of been dropped on last weeks game, in hindsight you'd call it smart that elliott stuck with him, had wallace had another poor showing, he'd have been blasted and rightly so for not being ballsy enough to drop him

fourplay

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
f**k yeah boys.

We lined Mason up and he got nowhere. I think he lost metres for them didn't he? First run was like -15 metres.

Actually Mason made 16 hitups averaging 8+ metres a hitup which made him the best metre making forward in the game.

mxlegend99

Referee
Raider_69 said:
win/win then isnt it
your happy, we're happy
thought dont be surprised if next week you see a round 1 esque performance, elliott coached teams results are littered with these kind of performances back off and on to extremely poor ones.

Also wallace should of been dropped on last weeks game, in hindsight you'd call it smart that elliott stuck with him, had wallace had another poor showing, he'd have been blasted and rightly so for not being ballsy enough to drop him
Wallace was good last week? 33 tackles. Most of any player. He had no room to work and was ineffective in attack. Did nothing to get dropped, Gower was worse then him.

The only players i was calling for to be dropped, were Nick Youngquest and Brendan Worth. Luckily, both were gone.

I couldn't be happier with Elliot. He fixed up what we lacked in the first round. I was going to be happy with a loss if we had good defence and showed some spark in attack. I didn't expect this sort of performance this early on, namely after last week. Don't remember the Raiders doing this well early on. I do remember you guys losing 70 to 32 in Round 2 last year though.

mxlegend99

Referee
fourplay said:
Actually Mason made 16 hitups averaging 8+ metres a hitup which made him the best metre making forward in the game.
Heh, i don't remember him making any metres through our pack. We gave him no room at all.

innsaneink

Referee
mattyg said:
And f**k ewe to the panthers w*** that was sitting behind me saying "get up ya sook" all match. Deadset El Masri copped a knee in the back and this guy was going on like a pork chop with little thought for Hazem's well being. All game after every tackle he was going on.

Too bad dogs of war wasnt with you, he'd have set things straight in no time.

smeghead

Bench
The song before the watch was woeful. Just terrible.

I tipped the Panthers for a 13+ win because the dogs forward pack would be stuffed after 70+ minutes of football and a shorter turn around. Diid not expect the magnitude of the win though.

Well played Perith. Long season ahead though. I hope you find form and are not up and down like R1 to R2

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That ground announcer, dead set is he the biggest sleazebag ever? Any other club and he'd have been sacked twice. The stadium needs to go too. The east/west stands are fine but the hills need to go. I know they're an RL institution but the amount of play I missed while teenybopper f**ks who didn't even come for the game stood in front of the crowd blocking the view... I might as well have stayed in and watched it for free.
more than one person said:
The song before the watch was woeful. Just terrible.

SMASH

CLASH

SPEAR

:crazy:

FMD that was woeful. They better not do that again :lol: Even the Pemriff fans made fun of him.

Speaking of woeful:

GotheDoggies.jpg

...First half we were in it. Perhaps a few dodgy's went against us but hey we failed to make use of the five penalties early... kicking for goal = dumb, I don't care how good Hazem is. You can't rely on getting penalties all game.

Second half was sh*t... absolutely woeful. Only Ryan, Patten, Tonga and Hazem looked like they came prepared. VERY disappointed with the effort. Sherwin MUST get back into gear next week. Roberts is too raw.

Titans, look out - beware of a wounded Dog :D

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Well done Panthers. :thumn

That was an awesome game, with plenty of great tries. To beat the Dogs like that really sys something.

Where has your 5/8 Wallace come from? What a blinder.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Timmah said:
That ground announcer, dead set is he the biggest sleazebag ever? Any other club and he'd have been sacked twice. The stadium needs to go too. The east/west stands are fine but the hills need to go. I know they're an RL institution but the amount of play I missed while teenybopper f**ks who didn't even come for the game stood in front of the crowd blocking the view... I might as well have stayed in and watched it for free.

SMASH

CLASH

SPEAR

:crazy:

FMD that was woeful. They better not do that again :lol: Even the Pemriff fans made fun of him.

Speaking of woeful:

GotheDoggies.jpg

...First half we were in it. Perhaps a few dodgy's went against us but hey we failed to make use of the five penalties early... kicking for goal = dumb, I don't care how good Hazem is. You can't rely on getting penalties all game.

Second half was sh*t... absolutely woeful. Only Ryan, Patten, Tonga and Hazem looked like they came prepared. VERY disappointed with the effort. Sherwin MUST get back into gear next week. Roberts is too raw.

Titans, look out - beware of a wounded Dog :D

Don't take your anger out on the ground announcer champ! The panthers took your mob to the hills and back!

Go the Sharks:)

smeghead

Bench
No you have no idea how bad the ground announcer actually was.

I went in as an impartial spectator and thought the announcer and song were woefull at best.

Cheergirls dancing to tribal based music was good though

innsaneink

Referee
Funny game, first half I wasthinking its going to be a looooong season for penrith, but they turned it around massively in the 2nd half...Dogs got no spark in attack.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
smeghead said:

I went in as an impartial spectator and thought the announcer and song were woefull at best.

that bad aye!:lol:

innsaneink

Referee
smeghead said:

Song sounded odd on TV...like a chopped up version of accadaccas ''hells bells''

Timmah

Staff member
I can't believe that guy has lasted 10 years (according to himself, can they count out Pemriff way). They must have low standards :lol:

Snoop - I'm well aware my team was woeful and got taken to the cleaners tonight ;-)

smeghead

Bench
That was as they wer running on.

There was an attempted "Gladiator" style number before that with a classically trained Barritone singing. Just did not fit at all and the crowd look bemused and some Penrith fans looked embarassed

mattyg

Bench
innsaneink said:
Funny game, first half I wasthinking its going to be a looooong season for penrith, but they turned it around massively in the 2nd half...Dogs got no spark in attack.

No Sherwin = No Spark. I know he cops plenty of criticism but gee we play much better when he is in the team. I'd expect him to get his number 7 jersey back pretty quick, hopefully next week. Roberts to start on the bench.

Timmah

Staff member
Even the Penrith fans were trying to do the two fingers over the head thing from behind the poor guy. The drumming sucked, it was annoying, and did nothing for the crowd. The dancers? Hot, but woeful. No choreography, just...
yeah I'm avoiding the point aren't I? ;-)

Latest posts