What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R2 - Panthers v Bulldogs - *Live Scores & Discussion*

Caged Panther

First Grade
I'm happy that i can say tonight that our defence when we had that barrage of penalties against us tonight is what set up our victory and it has been a long while since I could say our defence had anything to do with us winning a game.

And michael Jennings, absolutely outstanding for a guy on debut.

I'm so happy right now.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Caged Panther said:
I'm happy that i can say tonight that our defence when we had that barrage of penalties against us tonight is what set up our victory and it has been a long while since I could say our defence had anything to do with us winning a game.
Not to mention the incorrect decision by the video ref that allowed you to go on the attack 10m out ;-)

Beez

Juniors
40-10, CRUSHED BERRIES!

Panthers will be in the 8 for sure. They belted the dogs tonight, especially in defence.

mxlegend99

Referee
Defence wasn't going to be an issue at all. Last week in our massive loss, our defence was really good for most of the game. Our attack was terrible however.

This week we improved our defence a bit, and our attack was so much improved. We had some decent 5th tackle options, we had the forwards doing their job, and all of our backs played good games. Rooney was the best i've seen him in over 2 years. He had some pace and setup a try, ontop of making plenty of metres for others.

I hope we can keep our backline the way it was. Infact, my only change would be throwing Rodney into the team... and maybe Peewee Moke onto the bench. Although he got injured his first run in Premier League. I don't think he was meant to be playing though.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Timmah said:
I can't believe that guy has lasted 10 years (according to himself, can they count out Pemriff way). They must have low standards :lol:

As opposed to "Who let the dogs out" being played over the speakers year after year when your boys make an entrance at every Canterbury home game?

And who can forget "The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs" being used to address scores/changes/other announcements at every berries home game by your ground announcer?

F*ck... your supporter base must have even lower standards....

Mate, Scotty may be annoying, but at least he's got a personality and character which is more than what I can say for your Ground Announcer.

Doesn't your bloke moonlight with city rail station announcements as well? :lol: Sounds awfully similar!

Dogs Of War

Coach
That was a pretty poor game last night. The Dogs made the panthers look good. That first half was the worst half of footy I have seen this year. The Dogs just gave the Panthers so much ball that eventually they were going to click.

Not worried about the Dogs yet, but give it 5 more rounds of this sort of play and I may be.

On the bright side, at least we scored in the second half!

The Informer

Juniors
Doggies, well about where I thought. Williams, Hughes and Sherwin will improve them but they just aint what they used to be, and make it very physical and stick with them for 20 to 30 and they come right back to the field. Well, it probably doesn't matter about sticking with them as there 2nd half is terrible at present.

I've been of the opinion since that major semi loss to the Broncos last yr that they have some real mental weakness under some sustained pressure, compounded by the additional (and ongoing through the last few yrs) loss of forward quality and depth. And it's showing up again. I've been saying for weeks that they will struggle to make the 8, and they will.

Panthers continually played 4 consecutive 1 pass plays motoring their big men at them and at them up the middle (and often on the Dogs right ruck edge) through the first 40, physical, physical and here have some more physical and the results told through the 2nd half (14-4 turns into 40-10).

Ya got to be dirty picking the upset but backing them 1-12 and not 13+ lol, but the head to head is a handy start to one bet for me.

Timmah

Staff member
Pantherjim. said:
As opposed to "Who let the dogs out" being played over the speakers year after year when your boys make an entrance at every Canterbury home game?

And who can forget "The Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs" being used to address scores/changes/other announcements at every berries home game by your ground announcer?

F*ck... your supporter base must have even lower standards....

Mate, Scotty may be annoying, but at least he's got a personality and character which is more than what I can say for your Ground Announcer.

Doesn't your bloke moonlight with city rail station announcements as well? :lol: Sounds awfully similar!

You're a complete and utter moron mate.

Your ground announcer is a sleaze... what ground announcer starts talking about cheerleaders derrières and how he'd like to sit behind those girls any day? It's downright disgusting given how many families attend a game of footy.

For the record, Steve Allen is widely regarded as the best in the business. Highly professional - and as such always gets the finals and Grand Final gigs. Who Let the Dogs out is not played at every game, contrary to popular belief (as I'm sure those ridiculous drums won't be either), and Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs is quite self-explanatory... have you been to any other clubs home game? You'll find we aren't the only club who addresses the team by it's NAMING RIGHTS SPONSOR.

You won fair and square... trying to rubbish my calls of an appalling experience at one of the crappiest grounds in the NRL (Yes, Brookvale and Toyota remain worse in my book) isn't in your hands. But thanks for scraping the very bottom of the barrel (and still ending up wrong).

See you in Round 18.

Can someone please tell me in a paragraph what the f*ck happened to the Dogs last night ???..I have not seen the game but I am interested in trying to fathom how the Dogs got spanked so badly ??.:?

0neye

Moffo said , all you Cats fans come down to Oxford St tonight & he will bye you all a cocktail -_$

t_22.jpg

Dogs Of War

Coach
kia ora storm said:
Can someone please tell me in a paragraph what the f*ck happened to the Dogs last night ???..I have not seen the game but I am interested in trying to fathom how the Dogs got spanked so badly ??.:?

Take a look at the Dogs completion rate last night. It tells the whole story.

Timmah

Staff member
Woeful handling was the culprit... I'll hazard a guess this new fancy strip with tacky grip panels just ain't helping.

That and half the boys out there just don't seem to care.

kia ora storm said:
Don't worry dude...the Dogs will be back !!.;-)

i hope so mate, im not to worried in a sense because we dont usually have great starts to the season, last season we only won 1/3 of our first games, i do think there is room for improvement, last night was a bad peformance from us, hopefully we bounce back next week

Latest posts