What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R3 - Broncos v Panthers - *Live scores & discussion*

Mary

Juniors
Unbelieveable, Penrith must be the kings of comeback.

Brings back memories of the game against Cronulla last year when they scored 4 tries in 15 minutes to come back from 20 points down.

Congrats to Hodges by the way for his 4 try effort too. I take my hat off to the guy.

P.S. The commentry on channel 9 was utter crap, muted the damn thing after 5 minutes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
JW said:
Who do you suggest Locky? Perhaps an SOS be sent out to "Sunshine" Watson?

Keep Boyd. Yes he had a poor game no doubt. But he has done well the previous 2 matches. In the end there is no other real options other that put Tate to the wing and put Moon back in the centres.

The Informer

Juniors
It's easy to finger Boyd, and he made some poor decisions, but there was plenty wrong with the quality of defence on the prior 3 and 4 plays before he got stranded on the ball shift play.

The yardage up the middle and edge of the ruck against the Broncos is too easy at present, that's their biggest problem, and might well be one until they get Parker, Caroll and Stagg back into their forward line up /defence. That's now 23, 24 and 28 points against in their opening 3 games, and to be honest could / should well have been higher in games 1 and 3 had the opposition been a little more on song. Bennett knows where the problems are but he's deflecing the spotlight with the talk of handling problems, why else rush Lacey and Lomu (who only turned up 7 days ago) into the defensive line up (Webcke, Parker, Carroll, Stagg and McGuire missing from last yrs forward depth). He also doesn't want the media bandwaggon to start all the post Webcke focus and stories. Had the Panthers controlled the ball through the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half they could have put the result beyond doubt.

Panthers errors and poor completions should have cost them the game, as from a difficult position the Broncos did very well to turn the game around and take what should have been a winning lead. One thing about the Broncs, they have a very strong culture, they are very hard to put away.

Aside from his 4 tries Hodges was outstanding, and what a fantastic turnaround his career has seen. Another who looked to losing his way a few yrs ago and had plenty of mug in his game that the great man has turned around, his last 18 mths have been nothing but quality.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Mary said:
Unbelieveable, Penrith must be the kings of comeback.

Brings back memories of the game against Cronulla last year when they scored 4 tries in 15 minutes to come back from 20 points down.

Congrats to Hodges by the way for his 4 try effort too. I take my hat off to the guy.

P.S. The commentry on channel 9 was utter crap, muted the damn thing after 5 minutes.

Wasn't it what. My daughter and I could call a game better than those... dweebs.

Talk about lifeless.

steeden.

Juniors
what a great game... after Wesser scored that try all I could think about was Gorrell from the sideline last year against the Dragons.. luckily he missed and Brisbane still had a chance. That has to be one of the flukeyest field goals of all time, right up there with Timmins one from 40 out in Origin 1 2004.

Nine's commentry was absolutely "believe you me" woefull. At least the game was live and I could listen to the ABC call - its heaps better.

i think both teams played well yesterday, i think penrith are starting to find their feet, if they are consistent and play like they have for the past 2 weeks, they will find themselves in a top 8 spot this season.

kooriguy

Juniors
great win by the boys.. was swearing my head off 15 or so before fulltime.. so many stupid errors then that comeback, woooooooo :)

Munky

Coach
steeden. said:
That has to be one of the flukeyest field goals of all time, right up there with Timmins one from 40 out in Origin 1 2004.

Not really, Wallace has a great kicking game slowly being shown in first grade.

Last week he gave us two repeat sets and a 40-20 with ease.

The field goal was just showing his talent and why he should be our first choice kicker ahead of Gower.

His defence was brilliant all night aswell.

EDIT: What were the Bronco defenders thinking on the fifth tackle? Wallace had time and space even though he was standing virutally flat with the play the ball. The commentators seemed to have forgot that Penrith had another half besides Gower in the team.

miccle

Bench
Good on the Panthers.

Absolutely heartbreaking loss, but we just didn't defend our line. Thought we were home, but sheesh Penrith have some guts and determination to come back like that.

All credit to them for a TOPS win though.. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and being there, despite the result, was great - wicked atomsphere in the last 10mins despite the small crowd.

Sugar

Bench
Are any players on report from the game?
I noticed Lockyer got floored after he set up the try for Jennings,was it a high shot or was he trying to milk a penalty.

A very entertaining match and even better when i hit the mute button

miccle

Bench
chewme said:
I noticed Lockyer got floored after he set up the try for Jennings,was it a high shot or was he trying to milk a penalty.

Neither. Good hit, not late, not high... and he definitely felt it!

mxlegend99

Referee
Wesser is on report. He slid in trying to kick the ball (i think that's what he was doing?)when Hodges was got one of his tries. He got Hodges in the head.

Nothing in it, but it did connect with the head, so who knows?

Munky

Coach
From Panthers Interactive

Question: Did you know Wallace was capable of something like that?

Matt: Yeah, mate - he kicks the ball out of sight. I probably should have got him goal kicking and maybe we wouldnt have had to go so far ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Appears someone out there knew Wallace could kick a ball because no one on the field seemed to think so.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
Yeah that Penrith goal kicker was trying his best to lose it for them. Great effort by Penrith. I picked em on the back of their effort last week but stopped watching with 5 minutes to go. Even when i flicked back and saw that they were 4 down i still thought they couldn't do it. Flicked back to 9 10 mins later and saw the footy was still on!:shock: That filed goal was one of the best i've seen...i don't think anyone was even expecting an attempt from Wallace.

mxlegend99

Referee
The best thing about that win, is Elliott isn't happy with how we played. He's happy we won, but thinks it was a crappy performance and will drill us to improve for next week.

Lang would have thought it was great work to win. No matter how f**ked we played.

mightypanther

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
The best thing about that win, is Elliott isn't happy with how we played. He's happy we won, but thinks it was a crappy performance and will drill us to improve for next week.

Lang would have thought it was great work to win. No matter how f**ked we played.

So true......so very true.....:lol:

Latest posts