What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

JJ

Immortal
Kearney is flat out hopeless, but everyone (except one occasional poster here) already knew that (and a quick google can provide a coaching record that is woeful beyond belief). Unless he comes with Bennett or Bellamy, what the f**k is the point?

The merkins that in sequence appointed McLennan, Elliott, McFadden and Kearney are just diabolical

JJ

Immortal
2018: ICBM (It Can't Be Mooks). Rd 7 2018 he's dumped for Jones. It's so predictable.

And then after a couple of wins during the Origin period Jones is quickly extended for 2 further years despite nobody else being interested in hiring him

Diesel

Referee
There was talk he didn't listen to Doyle and another board member when they suggested Tooves

We are currently in our 3rd worst losing streak according to Wikipedia, we are at 8, Tigers will make it 9.
11 is tied for 1st and 2nd.
I can see round 3 next year giving Kearney a trophy for his mantelpiece.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
We as fans need to know who insisted on Kearney over Cleary/Toovey. I'd go very close to betting my left nut it was Watson, knowing how chummy he is with Scurrah and how Cleary flat out doesn't rate that useless jersey peddler at all. So the Watson FO thread should exist too. What the f**k should 200-300k a year matter to this guy if it appoints a coach to make his investment/play thing relevant and effective?

And GTFO with this Jones talk. Would be the least qualified of the Bluey/Elliott/McFadden/Kearney clusterf**k coaching brigade.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
We are currently in our 3rd worst losing streak according to Wikipedia, we are at 8, Tigers will make it 9.
11 is tied for 1st and 2nd.
I can see round 3 next year giving Kearney a trophy for his mantelpiece.

So can I. There'll be no such thing as an easy draw like we had this year - there's really no shit teams on the horizon unless you think the Titans will continue to stink. So yeah, 11 is looming...

Blair

Coach
We as fans need to know who insisted on Kearney over Cleary/Toovey. I'd go very close to betting my left nut it was Watson, knowing how chummy he is with Scurrah and how Cleary flat out doesn't rate that useless jersey peddler at all. So the Watson FO thread should exist too. What the f**k should 200-300k a year matter to this guy if it appoints a coach to make his investment/play thing relevant and effective?

And GTFO with this Jones talk. Would be the least qualified of the Bluey/Elliott/McFadden/Kearney clusterf**k coaching brigade.

I hope you didn't misinterpret my post. What I mean is, if Kearney stays for 2018, it shouldn't be unexpected that they'll sack him after a poor start. They'll have no one lined up to replace him so it'll go to his assistant, who is likely to be Jones.

Jones, of course, is not ready for that challenge.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I hope you didn't misinterpret my post. What I mean is, if Kearney stays for 2018, it shouldn't be unexpected that they'll sack him after a poor start. They'll have no one lined up to replace him so it'll go to his assistant, who is likely to be Jones.

I can see that happening but maybe not early in the season. Maybe a bit later.

Despite what WE'VE SEEN!! I'd give Kearney another year if I was his boss. He did say it was going to be a three year process and he while he won't get three years from me, Im willing to see how it plays out next year. I don't think one year is fair, even if he had all the superstars.

vvvrulz

Coach
So since we're pretty clear that Kearney will stay on, are we now serious spoon contenders for the first time?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
So since we're pretty clear that Kearney will stay on, are we now serious spoon contenders for the first time?
I really think the Titans deserve the spoon even though we're going on 2 months now of losing. As we go down the escalator, next to us we see the Dragons and the KNIGHTS going up. Were about Tigers level.

Anyway, shocking first season for Kearney and what Ive just said will be echoed in all the seasons reviews.

Meth

Staff member
to be blunt if Toovey and Cleary were interested/applied the mind boggles as to why they even talked to Kearney - that is if they were serious about getting a decent coach and trying to do well

I seem to remember Scurry claiming Elliott persuaded the club of his merits over Bellamy lol

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I'd agree that we are.
Given how poor this season is, and our CURRENT player signings to losses, we'll be struggling.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Sorry, I did yeah. I don't think they'll sack Kearney mid-year mind you, they didn't with McFadden and this club can't afford another sacking crisis unless someone is lined up. Jones as coach boggles the mind, and the PR disaster that would be McFadden back in would just about blow up Mt Smart.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

100%. The Titans might have just as much claim to it, but we should be close to favourites. Newcastle will improve, the Tigers won't get a spoon under Cleary, the Dogs should improve, maybe the Drags might slip if Mary loses them but I can't see anyone else challenging. But it's so unpredictable.