What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

Leber

Bench
Prediction: Next year, in round 19 when we have a 6-13 record (if we are lucky), Kearney is sacked because the board "finally" realises that the process is not working. Then, after an "extensive" search, the club announces that David Kidwell is our new coach, because theres nobody on the market.

Meanwhile, Toovey, Mcguire and Hasler are all on the market..... RIGHT NOW.

If we had of kept mcfadden for one more year, we would now be in a position to get a coach who isnt a complete mongaloid who looks like he is still evolving.

Shit timing.

One Warrior

Bench
Prediction: Next year, in round 19 when we have a 6-13 record (if we are lucky), Kearney is sacked because the board "finally" realises that the process is not working. Then, after an "extensive" search, the club announces that David Kidwell is our new coach, because theres nobody on the market.

If we had of kept mcfadden for one more year, we would now be in a position to get a coach who isnt a complete mongaloid who looks like he is still evolving.

Shit timing.
They could of gone with Cleary or Toovey last year, but went with Kearney ffs. I will say that I feel for Kearney, would be horrible for both of them with him being here while his wife goes through all of that by herself back in Brisbane.

TheDMC

Bench
Imagine Kidwell as next warriors coach haha. Somehow in this crazy world it is a possibility

Shit timing.
Before that we could of waited a year for Bellamy!

He should of quit. More important things than footy
Bit of a rock and hard place.
He had a signed contract, doubt he could pick up his old job and or find a local job easily, Warriors job probably paid better, his dream chance to coach NRL top level, sounds like family never planned to move over anyway?

Still pretty sure I wouldn't be allowed to do the same, pretty sure I'd be high on the asshole meter with family, in laws etc

Rich102

Staff member
The story I heard was that he agreed to come but only if he could see out his current contract with the Storm, which had one year to run.

Mind you, I blame a lot of our coach problems on EW not being prepared to pay for quality. Terrible, terrible mess.

Leber

Bench
I heard we wanted Bellamy, but didn't want to wait. And that Matt Elliot was the "main guy" they wanted.

bellemy had agreed to coach, scurrah wanted to him to break his storm contract(1 year to run) bellemy felt loyalty to storm so wanted to see that year out and said he would send his assistant kidwell here for a year to set up the place for when he came. scurrah said no you break your contract and bellemy said no.

storm went on to win a premiership we havent made finals