What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau; drop him or keep him?

Drop him or keep him?

• Drop him

Votes: 71 81.6%
  • Keep him

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kay

Juniors
youre naive
You may see it as naive but as Dazzat said above with Tahu, this pick who is loyal to the code is something that they've just created but QLD are acting as though this is what they've always been about. I'm not focussing on the Folau issue but the potential issue of Tuqiri getting snubbed because Tate has been more 'loyal'. I support my Brad Thorn example. He played for QLD and Australia, converted to rugby and played for the All Blacks in the world cup in Australia, converted back and was selected for QLD after they had lost 2 series in a row. Where was this pick who's loyal to the code debate then? And where's Thorn now? back in rugby playing for the All Blacks.
Hey, this could all be a non-issue if Tuqiri gets selected, which in that case will fly in the face of this loyalty to the code debacle we're all entangled in now.

kay

Juniors
youre naive
You may see it as naive but as Dazzat said above with Tahu, this pick who is loyal to the code is something that they've just created but QLD are acting as though this is what they've always been about. I'm not focussing on the Folau issue but the potential issue of Tuqiri getting snubbed because Tate has been more 'loyal'. I support my Brad Thorn example. He played for QLD and Australia, converted to rugby and played for the All Blacks in the world cup in Australia, converted back and was selected for QLD after they had lost 2 series in a row. Where was this pick who's loyal to the code debate then? And where's Thorn now? back in rugby playing for the All Blacks.
Hey, this could all be a non-issue if Tuqiri gets selected, which in that case will fly in the face of this loyalty to the code debacle we're all entangled in now.

kay

Juniors
youre naive

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If Slater does get suspended and with Tate now off to hospital. Folau might have to play after all.

analyst

Juniors
Looks like the senior Qld players, including Locky who seems to have had a change of heart, are pushing for Folau to play in Origin II.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,27234756-23209,00.html

Wayne Heming of AAP actually has Folau in his predicted QLD side, I dont know if they will end up picking him, but after all the initial anger, denial, hatred, pride ,shock, over-reaction what ever you want to call it- QLD are now thinking rationally and calmly about the situation with clear heads, as the game draws nearer winning will be at the forefront of their minds and it will be harder not to pick him as oppose to 2 weeks ago.

bluey

Bench
Keep him in the team. He's a free man and can do what he wants. Should he be punished for choosing a new career - albiet a stupid decision because he and Hunt will never make it in AFL.

If he didnt sit in front of abanner promoting AFL and GWS then he maybe could play but he has a contract with NRL and should not have done that.
If he just came out and said i am leaving league it is the same a retiring i guess.
But he broke his contract by endoring another code while contracted to the NRL

bluey

Bench
And if selected the QRL or ARL should knock it on the head,
This is one of league shining lights dont tarnish it with sh*t like this, the game does not need it.And it is not like lote is a bad replacement.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
And if selected the QRL or ARL should knock it on the head,
This is one of league shining lights dont tarnish it with sh*t like this, the does not need it.And it is not like Tequiri is a bad replace ment.

Why should Lote get it? He went away from 2003-2009 (7 years) to the "dark side" and now he comes back and he should be thrown into origin? He can stay and play for the tigpies.

bluey

Bench
Why should Lote get it? He went away from 2003-2009 (7 years) to the "dark side" and now he comes back and he should be thrown into origin? He can stay and play for the tigpies.

Fair call maybe QRL should give a youngster a go (this time make sure they a eligible for QLD)

Mr Saab

Referee
All there is basically is Jhral Yow Yeh...but i dont think he is ready. I dont care if they pick Israel....all i want is to win game 2 and watch the blues eat themselves in the media over the next few days

MightyBronco

Juniors
He's as good as picked. Player unity is more important than petty squabbles by back room dealers...

Its a simple process, Darren tells Mal to pick him, Mal then tells selectors to pick him. QRL wont rock the boat, they arent that stupid.

bluey

Bench
He's as good as picked. Player unity is more important than petty squabbles by back room dealers...

Its a simple process, Darren tells Mal to pick him, Mal then tells selectors to pick him. QRL wont rock the boat, they arent that stupid.

Yeah bugger Tradition and decency.
IMO i really think it is morally wrong
I have nothing against Folou just do not think he should be selected on moral grounds.

Charlie124

First Grade
Yeah bugger Tradition and decency.
IMO i really think it is morally wrong
I have nothing against Folou just do not think he should be selected on moral grounds.

On the contrary, QLD tradition is picking the players who've done the job before - showing loyalty.

Dropping a guy just because he has signed with another code would be the opposite of decent, its petty and childish.

bluey

Bench
On the contrary, QLD tradition is picking the players who've done the job before - showing loyalty.

Dropping a guy just because he has signed with another code would be the opposite of decent, its petty and childish.

Its got nothing to do ith him signing with another code but has everthing to do with sittng in front of a banner promoting another code while contracted to the NRL.
Reverse the situation the AFL and public would be in a uproar if he did this to the AFL and the bodies in place would have some balls and say sorry son but you blew it.

NRL Girl

Juniors
What happens when Falou leaps high, catches a Lockyer bomb and scores the series winning try.

A kid at home watching the TV tell his dad he is going to be like Falou. His then hears his dad and his mates talking about Falou is going to AFL.

The kid thinks, 'Hey, whats that sport Israel's playing? I want in on it'.

That kid switches from junior league to junior AFL.

Latest posts