What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau has joined AFL

FastEddie

Juniors
I agree with hineyrulez. If my son even asked to play that aborted geniused lovechild of irish football (geniused enough in itself) then he'd be shown the front door. Luckily for me, my son plays League for one of Sydney's oldest teams, has a bedroom from which he can view the NRL's most famous ground and gets to play on the hallowed turf before forming a guard of honour for the foundation club to run through.

Let me tell you, any father that does not warn their child off AFL is not doing their parental duty. You think being on a float starts when someone goes to Stonewall ? No, it starts when some basket weaving hippie of a parent lets their kid succumb to the propaganda from Vlad and his communist cohorts from the south. Before too long he's wearing singlets in 4 degree weather, whingeing about the sun when it gets hotter than 10, wearing singlets and pulling hair. From there it's a slippery slope to HIV, full blown Aids and a certain death, avoided only by consuming AZT like M&Ms.

DOCS should be involved against any parent who lets their child wander down this slippery slope

nqcowboy87

Bench
folau went to brisbane to be closer to his family, now he wants to move to sydney for a million dollar a season, he can get bent greedy turd

El Diablo

Post Whore

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your original comment is simple chest beating.
If you are any kind of father you would support your son in whichever sport he played and loved.

You are obviously not a father so you should really not comment on parenting or how you would or would not react if you had a child who did not solely like what you do.
You may be one day, so damned good luck there....lol...as any parent knows you can't be in anyway sure what your kids are gonna do or be.:D
You have been making assumptions all morning and none have been even close to being on the mark, just you're typical Victorian that thinks he knows all the answers but doesn't have a clue. You should have given up after you told us that RL is the dominant sport in only one city in Australia. Sydney :lol: It's been all down hill from there.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I agree with hineyrulez. If my son even asked to play that aborted geniused lovechild of irish football (geniused enough in itself) then he'd be shown the front door. Luckily for me, my son plays League for one of Sydney's oldest teams, has a bedroom from which he can view the NRL's most famous ground and gets to play on the hallowed turf before forming a guard of honour for the foundation club to run through.

Let me tell you, any father that does not warn their child off AFL is not doing their parental duty. You think being on a float starts when someone goes to Stonewall ? No, it starts when some basket weaving hippie of a parent lets their kid succumb to the propaganda from Vlad and his communist cohorts from the south. Before too long he's wearing singlets in 4 degree weather, whingeing about the sun when it gets hotter than 10, wearing singlets and pulling hair. From there it's a slippery slope to HIV, full blown Aids and a certain death, avoided only by consuming AZT like M&Ms.

DOCS should be involved against any parent who lets their child wander down this slippery slope
:lol::clap:

adamkungl

Immortal
:lol: AFL. I hope Folau and cutie both take their million dollars, put in a string of sh*thouse performances to anchor the GC Gazzas and the Blacktown Boggerooters to the bottom of the ladder, then come crawling back to the Broncos.

Ghoulies

Bench
It's not about you. The AFL don't care if a single RL devotee ever turns on and AFL game.

It's about your kids.
Folau and Hunt will be gone for one contract-maximum. Kids don't give a sh*t about the defection, the only way the AFL could actually gain from this is if Folau and Hunt actually play the game well.

With that in mind, you should reconsider your first statement, because if Folau and Hunt aren't bringing new kids into the game (they won't in 3 years), and the AFL don't care about converting RL fans, then what's the point?

All they're doing is paying a sh*tload of money for media exposure. Media exposure that will run dry about 2 months into the converts' AFL careers.

Mooks Nephew

Juniors
You have been making assumptions all morning and none have been even close to being on the mark, just you're typical Victorian that thinks he knows all the answers but doesn't have a clue. You should have given up after you told us that RL is the dominant sport in only one city in Australia. Sydney :lol: It's been all down hill from there.

Prove me wrong on any one of these "assumptions".

Mooks Nephew

Juniors
Folau and Hunt will be gone for one contract-maximum. Kids don't give a sh*t about the defection, the only way the AFL could actually gain from this is if Folau and Hunt actually play the game well.

With that in mind, you should reconsider your first statement, because if Folau and Hunt aren't bringing new kids into the game (they won't in 3 years), and the AFL don't care about converting RL fans, then what's the point?

All they're doing is paying a sh*tload of money for media exposure. Media exposure that will run dry about 2 months into the converts' AFL careers.

Those figures quoted were from 2009, before the defections. K.Hunt and Folau have no bearing on my point whatsoever.
My point was and still is that the AFL are not in the slightest interested in the existing RL supporter base changing codes. They are after your kids and the uncommitted.

As to paying a "sh*tload" of money, an independent media body estimated in the month leading up to and after the Hunt signing the AFL got 7 million dollars worth of totally free print and television exposure specifically related to the Hunt issue and expansion into the Gold Coast area, with 40% of this free exposure centred on Rugby League heartland.
Given the media machine has crawled back to life this week around Hunt and that it will undoubtedly do so again once he pulls on a boot at the beginning of 2011 I reckon they have got exceptional value for their money whether he plays or not....and that is the point f the entire excercise.

By the way I noticed that the NRL board is dominated by the AFL related stories????

Waste of money....sure.:cool:

Vic Mackey

Referee
lol wanna know how sh*t afl is. one of my mates couldnt even make the starting 13 at high school in rugby league for a sh*t team that lost every week. he is now 25 and last year joined the local afl team to keep fit. within 12 months he was playing first grade for st.george in nsw's equivilent of the vfl.

this is a bloke who had never played a game of afl in his life.

yeah afl is a real skillful game hahahahaaa

adamkungl

Immortal
lol wanna know how sh*t afl is. one of my mates couldnt even make the starting 13 at high school in rugby league for a sh*t team that lost every week. he is now 25 and last year joined the local afl team to keep fit. within 12 months he was playing first grade for st.george in nsw's equivilent of the vfl.

this is a bloke who had never played a game of afl in his life.

yeah afl is a real skillful game hahahahaaa

It's a game that caters exclusively for lanky spastics who can't pass, can only barely kick, and never got picked for any real sports at school.

Also, Folau showing that QLD loyalty and spirit once again :sarcasm:

Those figures quoted were from 2009, before the defections. K.Hunt and Folau have no bearing on my point whatsoever.
My point was and still is that the AFL are not in the slightest interested in the existing RL supporter base changing codes. They are after your kids and the uncommitted.

As to paying a "sh*tload" of money, an independent media body estimated in the month leading up to and after the Hunt signing the AFL got 7 million dollars worth of totally free print and television exposure specifically related to the Hunt issue and expansion into the Gold Coast area, with 40% of this free exposure centred on Rugby League heartland.
Given the media machine has crawled back to life this week around Hunt and that it will undoubtedly do so again once he pulls on a boot at the beginning of 2011 I reckon they have got exceptional value for their money whether he plays or not....and that is the point f the entire excercise.

By the way I noticed that the NRL board is dominated by the AFL related stories????

Waste of money....sure.:cool:

It was when Hunt left too.

How many Hunt threads do you see on the front page now?

thommo4pm

Coach
:lol: AFL. I hope Folau and cutie both take their million dollars, put in a string of sh*thouse performances to anchor the GC Gazzas and the Blacktown Boggerooters to the bottom of the ladder, then come crawling back to the Broncos.

Spot on.

They have purely gone for the $$$.

They'll both play 2-3 years in AFL, grab the ridiculous $$$ the AFL has thrown at them and then move on.
Hunt will go back to France to earn top $$$$ in Union again.
Folau will come back to League, realising that he wont be offered the same $$$$ for his 2nd contract that he has got for his 1st contract.

If the AFL people can't see this, then they are quite clueless.
This will not have a major impact on crowds and tv ratings....everyone clearly sees it for what it is.
2 young kids grabbing the $$$ while they can.
Good luck to them for doing so.

What I don't want to hear is, them saying they went for the challenge, we all know that's not the case at all.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i played afl once at school, i missed the bus for the touch footy team and decided i didnt want to spend the afternoon in remedial study time, so i went along having never played the game and kicked three goals playing in the forward corner. while the afl players may train theyre whole lives and be at a level where it is proffesional and the skill level high and good on them they put the effort in as a young fella and managed to get to the top. but afl essentially is just a glorified game of catch and kick

Latest posts