What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau has joined AFL

thommo4pm

Coach
Who cares.

The AFL obviously over estimate his popularity in the NRL.

My boys (we live in Penrith), don't even know who Israel Folau is.
They know all about the Dragons players....Jarryd Hayne, Thurston, Slater, Inglis, Jennings, Mitch Pearce, Benji etc.....

They don't know who Folau is though (seriously).

He has no relevance to Western Sydney, he plays for the Broncos and plays for QLD.

Not a loss to the NRL, and will be replaced.

Good luck to the AFL if they want to spend this kind of money on a bloke who has never played the game. :lol:

Usain Bolt

Bench
Origin has become so one sided, even the lure of a QLD jersey can't keep them in the game because all these young QLD players know how to do is win

timka4

Bench
mmmmm i do not like this at all, love folau or hate him, this is damage to the game, but we will get over it and continue on strongly, like our code always does, next star please! Jumping code to union is bad enough, but afl......

Brutus

Referee
He is also a money hunger QLDer who has played for Melbourne and Brisbane. Not exactly the idol of the Western Suburbs kid. It is not the astute purchase to use as a marketing tool the AFL might think it is. Benji Marshall or Jarrod Hayne would have been horrible for the NRL but with Izzy Folau we don't really care. f**k off and don't come back.

They went really hard for Hayne first. He was their no.1 target.

Folau was their back-up plan and they've nailed him.

renouf

Juniors
I love the line "oh well, we'll get over it" yeah sure.. what if we lose more to union/afl? This just continues the player drain, hes one of the best outside backs in our game and hes being poached by the AFL.. something is very wrong in the NRL. It's very damaging..

Noa

First Grade
mmmmm i do not like this at all, love folau or hate him, this is damage to the game, but we will get over it and continue on strongly, like our code always does, next star please! Jumping code to union is bad enough, but afl......

I agree with this as well, we cant let studs like Issy go.

The Tank

Bench
Great news!!! IMO the Broncos should go after one of the Storm's "Big 4"... and to replace Folau go after Michael Gordon (Panthers pulled their contract offer). The Broncos will be MUCH better off now!!!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Good, could never understand the damn logic going after yet another centre, especially one that plays on the same side as Hodges! Go hard for Cooper Cronk, we need a halfback!

Perth Red

Post Whore
When will our game get the administration it deserves? We seem to take one step forward and three back most of the time. Whilst him going will have little impact overall on the NRL it is just another reflection of how much ground we have to make up on AFL. Can you imagine RL ever been a position where the new WA Reds goes out and signs Ben Cousins (or similiar) to a million$ a year deal to raise the profile of the new club?

Noa

First Grade
Stay cool, we're being watched

Currently Active Users: 644 (238 members and 406 guests)

babyg

Juniors
No surprise it's announced today the day merkin returns. Just proves Falou is already working for the enemy. I don't want him in my Qld team.

Not a good thing to see League lose players but it will bring more attention to rugby league down south and as Tallis said who would to join these teams when all the money is being thrown at league players. They'll get a bit of attention to begin with but they'll end up being losers.

AuckMel

Bench
seanoff said:
and the AFL will let him make more money by playing Euro union for a year like Hunt did.

Why not? Apparently he doesn't want to play Rugby league anymore.

seanoff said:
if i was offered that money to change jobs, i'm off like a cut cat.

And I'd happily show you the door.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I love the line "oh well, we'll get over it" yeah sure.. what if we lose more to union/afl? This just continues the player drain, hes one of the best outside backs in our game and hes being poached by the AFL.. something is very wrong in the NRL. It's very damaging..

It all comes back to the tv deal and from there goes back to the News Ltd involvement in the game & the Super League War.

Get the new commission up and running by the end of this year, get the tv deal we deserve for 2013-onwards, up the salary cap and we won't lose another player. Until then we'll have to put up with this.

Panthers_God

Juniors
Being from Western Sydney I can say that Falou is NOT a huge loss to the NRL in terms of AFL competing for youngsters attention.

Out here its all about Hayne, Marshall and Jennings...

The AFL wouldve done better by signing someone who already plays for a Western Sydney team... Not some who has played for Melbourne and Brisbane..... Not a huge loss for the NRL in terms of making the AFL popular in Western Sydney

lockyno1

Post Whore
This is why we need a marquee system. I am yet to hear a valid reason as to why players should not be earning 800-900K a season from rugby league. If clubs can afford it, why the hell not! Each club gets 2 players outside the cap and the CLUB decides how much they can afford.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Being from Western Sydney I can say that Falou is NOT a huge loss to the NRL in terms of AFL competing for youngsters attention.

Out here its all about Hayne, Marshall and Jennings...

The AFL wouldve done better by signing someone who already plays for a Western Sydney team... Not some who has played for Melbourne and Brisbane..... Not a huge loss for the NRL in terms of making the AFL popular in Western Sydney

Who is to say they won't get a player from Western Sydney anyway. I am thinking Wade Graham might be an option as he can't get a run for you guys at this stage.

user_nat

Coach
This is why we need a marquee system. I am yet to hear a valid reason as to why players should not be earning 800-900K a season from rugby league. If clubs can afford it, why the hell not! Each club gets 2 players outside the cap and the CLUB decides how much they can afford.

Not sure if I would want Folau to be the Broncos marquee player if the system was implemented. Maybe Hunt though.

Latest posts