What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau has joined AFL

badav

Bench
Just proves that Queensland loyalty has a price.

Thats a pretty stupid way of looking at it.

Especially when your NSW mate Jarryd Hayne is the newspaper complaining about money and boasting how he could earn a million a season in other codes when he's off contract.

beave

Coach
You can take the boy out of Minto but you can't take the yadda yadda......................

seriously, why the hell are the AFL doing this??? Do they honestly think that he is massively popular in Western Sydney???? He won't convert many (if any) kids to that code, in fact, he will probably do the complete opposite. Just goes to show how pathetically easy that sport is if they expect him to make an immediate impact and become a star................. I honestly don't give a f**k what he does. It won't make me like that sh*thouse excuse of a sport.

beave

Coach
You can take the boy out of Minto but you can't take the yadda yadda......................

seriously, why the hell are the AFL doing this??? Do they honestly think that he is massively popular in Western Sydney???? He won't convert many (if any) kids to that code, in fact, he will probably do the complete opposite. Just goes to show how pathetically easy that sport is if they expect him to make an immediate impact and become a star................. I honestly don't give a f**k what he does. It won't make me like that sh*thouse excuse of a sport.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
That's a hell of a lot of money for Folau. I've heard Ablett is meant to be on about $1mil a season? I just don't understand Folau choosing AFL over union - at least onion is slightly similar to what he's actually good at.....
800k or 1.5mil

He has always been a mercenary.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thats a pretty stupid way of looking at it.

Especially when your NSW mate Jarryd Hayne is the newspaper complaining about money and boasting how he could earn a million a season in other codes when he's off contract.
Is this the same Hayne that signed over a year before his contract was up????? He actually stayed loyal to our game why bring him up?? Dickhead.

cupid

Juniors
This is an awful move by the AFL, what do the other players think when someone who has never played AFL in their life is earning more then they are. I hope all the AFL players strike against this bullsh*t.

hellteam

First Grade

I agree, I don't really get the point. AFL could sign every single NRL player and it still wouldn't make me watch their sport. You can't just change fans over because you bought a few players.

El Diablo

Post Whore
too funny if true

$million and he's never played the game :lol:

and who was that Galah that thinks he has a great profile in Western Sydney?

does he know he's considered an enemy seeing he plays for Queensland?

Ladmate

Bench
Lote! Lote! Lote!

In much better form than Folau anyway, and he is better than the loser Folau. Only thing he can do is jump. Why don't the broncos sign a hurdler, they can do the same useless job that Folau did? The biggest mistake in Broncos history was that twig.

You won't be missed.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade

He is also a money hunger QLDer who has played for Melbourne and Brisbane. Not exactly the idol of the Western Suburbs kid. It is not the astute purchase to use as a marketing tool the AFL might think it is. Benji Marshall or Jarrod Hayne would have been horrible for the NRL but with Izzy Folau we don't really care. f**k off and don't come back.

Noa

First Grade
League - $400k per season

AFL - $1 million per season

Its not a very difficult equation is it

For the people sprouting the usual loyalty crap. You guys are living in a dream world if you expect anyone to take a paycut of $600k per season to stay in Rugby League

I agree with this I also think it will be INCREDIBLY embarresing for that dogs breakfast of a sport when 2 novices come in and dominate them athletically

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think it is awesome.

It will simply prove elite league players can conquer the game made for those who have no skill.

They will not play for thier state or country, they will become nobodies, who play for some irrelevent club, that only Victorians care about.

Furthermore the real bonus, no AFL player will ever make a league team, as they have no skill and are as soft as.

Victorians....hahahaha

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well he did say he was homesick, Minto isn't too far away from Blacktown

alot closer than Brisbane is

Latest posts