What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

WAs just saying Boxy that this could be a use of the media by the current board to make it look like Izzy is now no chance of signing with us and then against all the odds we sign him 7 days before the election, how convenient....

boxhead

First Grade
I tend to agree, this whole saga just doesn't make any sense. I literally cannot comprehend how we are close to the salary cap limit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I guess the good thing is that no-one in their right minds would sign Asotasi for the money he must be on for Souths to fit Folau in.

Muttman (one of the ParraFirst candidates) mentioned on nospam46 that this could very well be a very elaborate play for votes. He said that it might simply be announced in a week or so before the elections - we might just sign Folau out of nowhere. Given that he has connections to a current board-member, that comment might be more insightful than at first glance.

Surely we'd rather have him training with the boys. Or are you saying the coach is allowing politics to interfere with his preparation of the team?

boxhead

First Grade
Politicians always think about themselves first Pou. The current board members are no different. I'm not saying it is correct, what I am saying is that it really would not surprise me.

strider

Post Whore
Surely we'd rather have him training with the boys. Or are you saying the coach is allowing politics to interfere with his preparation of the team?

well apparently that's the only reason burt played last year ;-)

but yeah I can't see Ricky wasting his time playing games to help the board get re-elected ...... mind you ricky did openly announce he was stepping away from the issue a few weeks back :-k

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well I guess the good thing is that no-one in their right minds would sign Asotasi for the money he must be on for Souths to fit Folau in.

Muttman (one of the ParraFirst candidates) mentioned on nospam46 that this could very well be a very elaborate play for votes. He said that it might simply be announced in a week or so before the elections - we might just sign Folau out of nowhere. Given that he has connections to a current board-member, that comment might be more insightful than at first glance.

What a ridiculous suggestion.. I couldn't care what connections Matt has its stupid to suggest this is a political ploy especially after the NRL themselves had made various statements about the situation.. Take it as gospel he's now 100's to come..

boxhead

First Grade
Just saying, it wouldn't surprise me. I despise politicians, and I see the current board no differently. As ridiculous as it might seem, it is also seemingly the only way we might get hopeful about signing Izzy.

Just curious Staggs, do you know if any of the players have asked if they could take a pay cut or if we are close to moving any players on to fit Folau in?

Craig Johnston

First Grade

why did he say that in the first place, that shit doesn't belong here. anyone can speculate with no substance for political gain. f**k that shit off

broncos2010

Juniors
What are you guys complaining about wehh wehh its not fair souths will get him.

First you guys don't have cap space as you over spend on players like sandow,tonga,manah etc...

Its pretty obvious that Souths have just enough cap space to fit him in if they let go of one player after all they did lose Taylor.

Also think about do you really want to do a penrith and have a centre in your team that you will be paying 500-600k when you already have hopa coming next year on big money?

Apparently the Dragons are now on the move for him and they are way under their cap so have money to burn. I would say the Eels have lost their chance.:(

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just saying, it wouldn't surprise me. I despise politicians, and I see the current board no differently. As ridiculous as it might seem, it is also seemingly the only way we might get hopeful about signing Izzy.

Just curious Staggs, do you know if any of the players have asked if they could take a pay cut or if we are close to moving any players on to fit Folau in?

It's a moot point apart from that I don't know, the damage is done and he won't be coming so there's no real point in speculating on pay cuts and players leaving because it won't be happening

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
well apparently that's the only reason burt played last year ;-)

Just my point. Kearney (rightly) dropped Burt, the fans chucked a hissy fit, and he was promptly reinstated. This is why the Eels are so full of fail - because the fans have far too much say.

Coaches are part of the political apparatus and they live and die on fan opinion as much as anyone else at the club. Sticky's endless media appearances when he first took over are proof of that.

but yeah I can't see Ricky wasting his time playing games to help the board get re-elected ...... mind you ricky did openly announce he was stepping away from the issue a few weeks back :-k

You reckon he feels used now? Wait til the fans start calling for his head.

Latest posts