What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

Kornstar

Coach
It's a moot point apart from that I don't know, the damage is done and he won't be coming so there's no real point in speculating on pay cuts and players leaving because it won't be happening

If this is the case, they have already lost the election. Whether that be the right or wrong reason the general public who don't follow all that closely will react without thought........much like last time.

I think it is a disgrace that we are anywhere near the cap and I think it is a disgrace that the NRL are stupid enough to let this happen!

There is a reason we are polls apart from the AFL, the independent commission was supposed to sort this type of shit out!!

They have already failed on many levels!

Noise

Coach
What a ridiculous suggestion.. I couldn't care what connections Matt has its stupid to suggest this is a political ploy especially after the NRL themselves had made various statements about the situation.. Take it as gospel he's now 100's to come..

It's a moot point apart from that I don't know, the damage is done and he won't be coming so there's no real point in speculating on pay cuts and players leaving because it won't be happening

f**k!!! :x

Gronk

Staff member
27/11/2012 at 12:25pm

Market courtesy of sportsbet.com.au
What will Israel Folau’s next move be?
$1.10 Sign for Parramatta Eels
$5.50 Sign for any other NRL club
$11 Sign for a Japanese Rugby club
$13 Sign for Super 15 club
$51 Go on a Mormon Mission

Maroubra Eel

Coach
27/11/2012 at 12:25pm

Market courtesy of sportsbet.com.au
What will Israel Folau?s next move be?
$1.10 Sign for Parramatta Eels
$5.50 Sign for any other NRL club
$11 Sign for a Japanese Rugby club
$13 Sign for Super 15 club
$51 Go on a Mormon Mission

Quick get on to every option but Parra.

The Colonel

Immortal
While the NRL have a part to play in all this the club are the true amateurs. They've played this all through the media and really they should not have been whinging about a mess they have clearly walked themselves into. The turnover of coaches, CEO's and playing staff has been farcical and has truly cost them. Be interesting to see if the current muppets can hold their positions after all this. The farcical nature of these negotiations has future ramifications for us to compete again on the open market in 2014. Until such time as our front office achieves a respectable rate of professionalism we will be sitting at the bottom of the ladder regardless of who we buy.

i heard that staff had been made redundant in the last week as well.
one who was just given a new roll only a month or so ago.

While the NRL have a part to play in all this the club are the true amateurs. They've played this all through the media and really they should not have been whinging about a mess they have clearly walked themselves into. The turnover of coaches, CEO's and playing staff has been farcical and has truly cost them. Be interesting to see if the current muppets can hold their positions after all this. The farcical nature of these negotiations has future ramifications for us to compete again on the open market in 2014. Until such time as our front office achieves a respectable rate of professionalism we will be sitting at the bottom of the ladder regardless of who we buy.

I said that in 2009 / 2010 and I was called an alarmist.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we are still paying for Morts then I have only one thing to say.

Well played Todd Greenberg and f**k you Paul Osbourne.

Wake up MITS. It's our moronic f**king fans (myself included) that demanded Mortimer be retained at all costs.

Imagine the outcry if the Bulldogs had gotten him. It's just a shame there was nobody at the club that could determine he was a lemon with limited potential.

Wake up MITS. It's our moronic f**king fans (myself included) that demanded Mortimer be retained at all costs.

Imagine the outcry if the Bulldogs had gotten him. It's just a shame there was nobody at the club that could determine he was a lemon with limited potential.

There were one or two, I wanted to see him go back and dominate at Wenty for a while, he was a 4th choice and just because he was part of the goldern run, didn't mean he wasn't one dimensional.

There was an air of invincability around the club back then, and if you said boo about it, you were a sore loser. But I remember Stagger saying that Greenberg was playing us, and he was.

Eels Dude

Coach

Yeah the whole Ken Edwards encouraging fans to tweet Izzy and tell him how much we want him to be an Eel is looking rather silly now. As are Ricky Stuart's comments about where to play him once he comes back. The NRL are being pricks no doubt, but the club and admin only have themselves to blame for jumping the gun.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Whilst I don't think that we should get any special treatment, I know for a fact that the AFL would find a way to get the deal over the line for their clubs. Especially as signing for the Eels would be a victory in the battle for the west with GWS & WSW.

ESPECIALLY if the NRL could turn around and report it as "Young player prefers $110k NRL deal to $1m AFL deal"

What a pack of morons! Seriously!!! The FACE of AFL recruitment for GWS decides he'd rather play rugby league at one tenth the cost, and some pencil pusher decides that, while he can certainly be paid that much, he will be valued at $400k.

Que?!?!?!?

Dear Schu: please do your actual job and stop screwing the teams that are actually working to obey the cap.

boxhead

First Grade
This sucks. Well, at least I won't lose anymore sleep over it.
I can stop worrying now. Thanks Staggs.

Indeed. Amateur hour with the club. We are a joke.

Latest posts