What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

Big Day!!!! We need that Salary cap to go up if we are any hope to sign Folau next year.

Can't believe other club bosses voted to keep it the way it was.... So out of touch with their own players.

Big Day!!!! We need that Salary cap to go up if we are any hope to sign Folau next year.

Can't believe other club bosses voted to keep it the way it was.... So out of touch with their own players.

Played out exactly as I thought with only Manly and Parra voting for an increase. Nothing to be gained by the other 14 clubs as their squads are already set for 2013.

Stagger eel

Staff member

Jake relax, I have a feeling that everything is under control for the time being..

Played out exactly as I thought with only Manly and Parra voting for an increase. Nothing to be gained by the other 14 clubs as their squads are already set for 2013.

is there a link to that...I don't bother reading news papers these days and I only heard that they all agreed to outlaw the shoulder charge..

Sphagnum

Coach
Has this merkin signed yet? Or have we got another week of speculative drivel from the 'experts' on this forum about exactly how the cap is managed at our club and why they can't fit Izzy in?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Fullou for $110k is great value, true, but that's only for one year. In subsequent years he will supposedly be on a lot more, and while he might be objectively worth that much, he won't be worth it to us, given we already have Hayne and Hopoate.
And Sandow at a high cost (though not as high as some would have us believe!)

I would rather the cash be spent on that Pommy forward. We need marquee forwards, not backs.

The Colonel

Immortal
I would rather the cash be spent on that Pommy forward. We need marquee forwards, not backs.

Big gamble on both players but regardless our forward pack in everyone's opinion bar Poo Poo is rather ordinary. We lack strike power and I feel there will be many cringeworthy moments in defends around the ruck next year.

Gronk

Staff member
I was told this morning that the club have a plan C, so Izzy will happen. It's just that they are pushing the NRL to bend the rules for plan A or increase the cap for plan B.

My informant works in the media.

Hopefully plan C is doable for Schubert, otherwise we're f**ked.

James Hooper said on Sportsline last night that there are 3 clubs with the cash to sign Izzy today, but he wants to play for the Eels.

Suitman

Post Whore
I was told this morning that the club have a plan C, so Izzy will happen. It's just that they are pushing the NRL to bend the rules for plan A or increase the cap for plan B.

Does he catch trains?

Suity

No he rides his italian carbon fibre wiz-bang bike to work.

#midlifecrisis

Does he wear all that branded cylcing clothing with all the Tour de France team sponsor names all over it....like he really is in the Tour de France?

Next time I drive my car to the coffee shop I'm going to dress up like Peter Brock and sit with a bunch of similarly dressed mates and see how ridiculous that looks.

Gronk

Staff member
The scene at a ....

Does he wear all that branded cylcing clothing with all the Tour de France team sponsor names all over it....like he really is in the Tour de France?
Eastern suburbs coffee shop @ 7.00am

Next time I drive my car to the coffee shop I'm going to dress up like Peter Brock and sit with a bunch of similarly dressed mates and see how ridiculous that looks.
Western Sydney pub @ 5.00pm

Different but really the same.

Kornstar

Coach

It is amazing isn't it? Self interest is their issue!

It was pointed out on the BSB this morning that they are just being selfish about their own finances e.g, the extra 2 million they get above the cap.

The players are the reason they are there and are getting 7 million from next year, they should atleast care about raising the minimum wage for their staff that bust their balls as much as the guys who are on the big bucks!

Hopefully plan C is doable for Schubert, otherwise we're f**ked.

James Hooper said on Sportsline last night that there are 3 clubs with the cash to sign Izzy today, but he wants to play for the Eels.

Hopefully plan C is "we had the room the whole time but just wanted to screw the NRL a little".

forward pass

Coach
I am hearing that the UN council is about to make a decision regarding Israel so hopefully we will know more soon.

Last edited: