What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

El Diablo

Post Whore
not buying it, must be a ploy to get them to agree to eels demands.

http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=23415

Israel Folau rejects Eels Offer

Written by: National Rugby League
Nov 30, 2012 5:17pm

The Parramatta Eels and the NRL have been advised today that Israel Folau has not accepted a formal offer put forward by the club and that he will not play in the NRL in 2013.

The Eels made an unconditional offer to Folau this week but he has advised the club today that he will not accept the agreement.

Both the NRL and the Club had been working to ensure that Folau could be signed within the parameters of the Salary Cap and both believed that significant progress was being made.

?This has come as something of a surprise to us today,? Eels Chief Executive Mr Ken Edwards said today.

?Our offer to Israel was unconditional.

?We have worked closely with the NRL and have always been confident that Salary Cap issues would be resolved.

?It is disappointing that Izzie at this stage has chosen to pursue another path but we?ve also been clear that we are about having players who are focussed on what we are trying to achieve as a club.

?It is why we had previously ruled out short term appearances with other codes.

?We are comfortable with our current playing roster ahead of the 2013 season.?

NRL Interim Chief Executive Shane Mattiske had met with Folau?s representatives before the former Storm star announced his intention to quit AFL and had met with Parramatta to address Salary Cap issues since then:

?We worked in good faith with the club to ensure that Israel?s contract could be met within the Cap and it is unfortunate that he has elected to pursue another path.

?It would have been nice to see Israel back in the NRL because it is the game he is most suited to and the one that I think would have given him the biggest challenge in facing the best athletes in the most exciting contests week in and week out.

?Ultimately though it is his choice and we have to respect that.

?I think Parramatta has done everything possible and we have certainly worked closely with them in that process.?

bileduct

Coach
Rubbish absolute rubbish.

NRL Can go f**k themselves, next time just the FREAKN cap. f**king dopes.
LOL, didn't you read the article? The NRL had actually agreed to whatever the Eels were proposing and f**kau decided to take better money elsewhere because he's a pea hearted mercenary.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
f**k him, no loss apart maybe through memberships. Rather spend the money on someone who cares about the game of RL.

boxhead

First Grade
LOL, didn't you read the article? The NRL had actually agreed to whatever the Eels were proposing and f**kau decided to take better money elsewhere because he's a pea hearted mercenary.

You do realize it might have something to do with the original deal he agreed to being rejected and him having to slog through it for a month? He did the smart thing and went elsewhere to avoid the basket case - for all we know, he probably thought the deal he was offered would be rejected again.

Not that I necessarily think that is the case. There are however more ways to look at this situation than just the narrow view that he was after money when he was willing to sign for diddly on one of the years.

El Diablo

Post Whore
What are eels fans worried about? You're better off without this money grabber.

Agreed

He was obviously full of shit abou wanting to play with his brother and mates

Filthy the arsehole f**ked around for so long

Welder tweeted that Parra are filthy with him too

Kornstar

Coach
Really wanted to play for the Eels I guess......should we still tweet him? I can think of a few things to say to him!

IFR33K

Coach
Agreed

Lol, we released horo and tonga and discussions with hock fell through once izzy became available. This moron has f**ked us over.

boxhead

First Grade
Yeah, does sound like it. I wonder what would've happened had the NRL agree to the initial deal?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agreed

Yep, f**k him and his scumbag manager who should have been kicked out of the game.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Agreed

As I mentioned a while ago the guy is a mercenary and does not come across as the most loyal of people in my opinion, of course like many others, Im sure this decision was made in consideration of his family:roll: good luck to him, never thought we really needed him, bring on Hock.

Mickyd39

Juniors
what a merkin.

I wonder if he told his "mates" in the team if this is what he was going to do.

I was quick to bag the NRL about this but once the facts come out it just showed Folonk as a money hungry grub and he truly didn't want to play for Parra.

I wonder if he will turn up to any games next season like he did this season:sarcasm:

the club should now forget about that bloke and concentrate on resigning Hayne.

Last edited:

Latest posts