What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

Far Canal

Juniors
Well either Ricky Stuart or Israel Folau is not telling the truth. :sarcasm:

1. Ricky said previously that Israel rang him crying saying that he wanted to leave AFL and play league with Parra - hence Parra trying to move heaven and earth to accomodate the greedy bastard

vs

2. Per today's SMH:

Speaking for the first time since he turned his back on an offer from the Eels last Friday, Folau said he had never committed to playing for the club and hit back at criticism.
"I met with Parramatta on Friday. For me I had nothing to hide and I met with them face to face," Folau said.
Advertisement
"It has been a tough week for me but I am happy with the decision."
"I class myself as a true person to me and my family so what has been said is upsetting"

Gronk

Staff member
#merkin

A9ORiX3CIAAsrJ6.jpg

Well either Ricky Stuart or Israel Folau is not telling the truth. :sarcasm:

1. Ricky said previously that Israel rang him crying saying that he wanted to leave AFL and play league with Parra - hence Parra trying to move heaven and earth to accomodate the greedy bastard

vs

2. Per today's SMH:

Speaking for the first time since he turned his back on an offer from the Eels last Friday, Folau said he had never committed to playing for the club and hit back at criticism.
"I met with Parramatta on Friday. For me I had nothing to hide and I met with them face to face," Folau said.
Advertisement
"It has been a tough week for me but I am happy with the decision."
"I class myself as a true person to me and my family so what has been said is upsetting"

Could be either, both or neither of them that are telling fibs. Saying that you want to do something and promising to do something are manifestly different statements. There is nothing in 1) above that says that Folau promised or committed to play with the Eels, and he publicly said that all options were open at the time he left AFL. So there's nothing in 2) that necessarily contradicts 1). Pretty messy whichever way one looks at it.

**Note, I don't believe that anyone has reported that Izzy rang Stuart 'crying' or 'in tears'. I believe that reference was to Isaac Moses. I wouldn't trust the skid marks on his undies unless they were testsed by a hand-writing expert.

Kornstar

Coach
He wants to be a Wallaby now :lol:

He wanted to be an AFL player 2 years ago........

#biggestmerkinever

Gronk

Staff member
Actually I want him to do well in union. NRL players have not done all that well of late converting to Rugby and I want to shut those die hard rugby types up who refer to us (supporters) and the players from NRL collectively as ....

M U N G O S
! :roll:

Kornstar

Coach
You must have become depressed when Head and Fieldy became Christian.

:lol:

It probably saved both their lives tbh......Fieldy is still a douche though.......

Nothing to be depressed about though, doesn't affect me because I am not within its grasp and never will be.

Snoochies

First Grade
Check out Heads new band Love and Death, not bad. Sounds very much like the original Korn.

Sorry, back on topic now.

Kornstar

Coach
Check out Heads new band Love and Death, not bad. Sounds very much like the original Korn.

Sorry, back on topic now.

I like Head (both actually), didn't stop following him when he left Korn. I enjoyed his solo album and have bought his EP for L&D, looking forward to the album in Jan.

Can't wait for the videos from their reunion shows next year, I am very excited about his imminent return.........in saying that I have also very much enjoyed Korn's work since he left, regardless of what HJ thinks :lol:

oldmancraigy

Coach
I kinda lost abit of respect for him, sure if he wants to solidify his financial future then good on him but its the way it's panned out.

If that was the case, then he would've stayed in AFL for another year.

He's taken the least money on offer of all 3 codes for next season.

Latest posts