What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

Suitman

Post Whore
Only took about 12 hours for bulldog to be proven wrong about the Waratahs

In what sense?

Dean Ritchie said:
And you can all but rest assured we won't be seeing him playing in Waratahs colours next season.

Their salary cap is stretched and they'd have to rely on a top-up from the Australian Rugby Union, which now more than ever, is hard to imagine.

In that sense.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
it's deadset the most bizarre thing .... more rumours than a daily telegraph facts department

What's the problem Barry?

Why so skeptical?

It's not like the papers have announced his career future and been wrong about it within the last month.

:p

That's right. Though nothing would surprise me too much at this stage. Maybe he has simply signed for Wenty instead of the Eels. Maybe he wants to open and run his own laundrette.

Suitman

Post Whore
That's right. Though nothing would surprise me too much at this stage. Maybe he has simply signed for Wenty instead of the Eels. Maybe he wants to open and run his own laundrette.

I can just see the Terrorgraph's back page headline tomorrow now.....

"Folau airs his dirty laundry."

El Diablo

Post Whore
7 news that I$rael reckons he was offered $250k to play

Looks like he and his management have gone into damage control and will try to make him look like the victim and not the money hungry untrustworthy grub that he is

Dogs Of War

Coach

Looks like he and his management have gone into damage control and will try to make him look like the victim and not the money hungry untrustworthy grub that he is

Which is exactly the amount the anorexic idiot should get. He has potential to return to his old from, but you never know how well he will go.

He probably got used to doing nothing on the field in afl, so playing wing in union should suit him to a tee.

Avenger

Immortal

That was probably the salary cap component but he didn't want to mention the $400,000 in third party deals he was getting. What a f**kwit !!

I saw that on 7 news. It also said that he approached The NRL before the GF and wanted to know what they wanted to offer him exclusively to come back to the NRL and the the NRL gave him some $25,000 gig to do promos for the Western Sydney Academy.

Seriously who the f**k does he think he is? What's he done for the game to warrant special treatment ? He is lucky they offered that.

DeanPay98

Juniors
I'm not sure that I would believe Folau at this point. I think the deal that was reportedly offered sounds more credible. I just don't think that Folau's word is worth anything.

guruminga

Juniors
For those not on Twitter, this is an interesting conversation with a Parra fan and Izzy. I tried to delete some of the excess text that came across with the copy and paste, but you should be able to follow it. The plain text is the conversation.

Israel FolauVerified ‏@IzzyFolau

Everyone is entitled to their opinions! But I'll speak the truth when it's my time.

1:38 AM - 2 Dec 12

24h Aaron Hooper ‏That's fine, but u need to understand the time for u to speak is now. Parra fans are so disappointed. Your reputation.. ?

Israel FolauVerified ‏@IzzyFolau @ajhoops7 I don't know why they would be.

Aaron Hooper ‏@ajhoops7
@IzzyFolau But why did u then not sign with Parra when they went to all that trouble to sign u? All us Parra fans, we wanted u so much..

@ajhoops7 You didn't see me come out and say I'll be playing at parra!

Aaron Hooper ‏@ajhoops7
@IzzyFolau I know that, that's fair enough mate. I can see your side there. But surely there must've been some interest on your behalf??

@ajhoops7 Made it clear that all options were open for me! RL/Union.

@moniquefolau Yeah thanks!!

Aaron Hooper ‏@ajhoops7
@IzzyFolau Ps no player ever comes out and says where they're going to sign. But they are expected to do things with integrity & honour..

@ajhoops7 yeah of course. But how would you know what went on through negotiations. You only read what's in the media!

G

Last edited:
the value put on him by schubert doesn't help
and did he want the eels to cheat the salary cap to sign him?
he hasn't played for 2 years in the NRL and wants top dollar?
typical Gen Y, wants the big dollars before he proves himself worthy of it.
Now in your job did you walk in on the top rung or did you have to work from the the bottom to get there?
I can't see how he can come back to the NRL at the time of year he did and expect to get big dollars for the next year when clubs rosters are mostly filled.
Surley he knew that he would ahve take less in the first season if he wanted to come back.
He just used the club and the Nrl for publicity purposes.
And i can't believe the Warratahs are dumb enough to sign him for one year, that as crazy as the roosters signing $BW for 1 year.

Latest posts