What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

Parra Pride

Referee
Once he's in the clear, in a nice eloquent and affluent neighborhood away from the west. He will be a ambassador of Rugby Union and a shining light of success for a spiritual Mormon. Soon enough Jarryd Hayne will follow.

Mormon? He goes to Hillsong you stupid merkin.

#f**kOff

EelsFan05

Bench
Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With the line up the Dogs they have this year how in the hell can they afford to pay anthing for Folank this year???

And good point Twiz, how can the dogs pay him while he is playing a rival code????

With the line up the Dogs they have this year how in the hell can they afford to pay anthing for Folank this year???

And good point Twiz, how can the dogs pay him while he is playing a rival code????

The major constraint on their expenditure is the salary cap...not how many $$$ they have in the bank. Their 2013 cap will be unaffected. If they are going to pay him $$ this year, they'd wan't to have a contract in place (somewhere) for 2014 or he could take it and walk. The trick will be what happens if and when they go to register any such contract for 2014 and beyond. It'll be difficult for the NRL to establish that payments made in 2013, when Izzy (apparently) has no NRL contract with any club, were part of his 2014 salary. Difficult, but not impossible. Of course, the notional valuation that Schuey puts on him for 2014 could make all the silly buggers behaviour redundant (don't hold your breath). But again... I don't think anyone here really knows 100% what has happened.

natheel

Coach
200k to play union when he went to afl for 1mil per year yet was desperate to come back to the game he loves and with his mates. Yeh seems legit...also if I were hayne, Paulo, mannah etc I'd be thinking how much a mate he really is...I mean mates stick with mates but this would e a slap in the face to me if I were them.

Ahwell we can now focus on guys who actually want to be at the club and leaves money to re-sign guys next season most of all hayne...hoppa is coming and hopefully some more big names. Time to move on and think about the season ahead. The bloke is turning into an SBW. This gen y bunch arnt serious about the game as much as the likes of hindy were when you take pay cuts for the best interests for the club. Remember 09 where the old school guys like hindy, grothe and smithy put their hands up to take cuts to keep kevy?? That's what I want in our players. What's best for the club and what's best for your team mates!

natheel

Coach
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s-in-super-rugby/story-e6frg6n6-1226529111483

signed for the Tahs for only $250K when we allegedly offered him $400K

1 year deal only.

So if the rumours are true and he's back to the Dogs in 2014 and part of his salary is being paid by the dogs next year, does that mean the dogs are paying him to play a rival code ?

f**k that for a joke. If he goes to the dogs that's a massive slap in the face of the club and the likes of hayne who are apparently his mates. I'd be dirty if I were the parra boys.

How the f**k could they afford

Barba
Morris
Inu
Perrett
Pritchard
Eastwood
Williams
Hodkinson - big money for his worth
Folau
Thurston - if they get him

I hope JT signs with cowboys again I'd hate to see him go to the dogs.

spiderdan

Bench
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-in-super-rugby/story-fn8ti7yn-1226529111483

izzy full of shit? i'd like to see quotes but this bit makes me think yes....

But Folau is furious that he has been cast as the villain when the NRL had been negotiating with him since the grand final and continually changed their offer.

Folau has repeatedly said he didn't talk to any clubs until after he pulled the pin on his rich AFL deal.

.....carry the 4..... the numbers just don't add up. the nrl wouldn't be negotiating with him unless there was a club contract on offer as they don't operate like the aru or the promotional contract he had with the afl.

he officially pulled the pin on his afl deal about four weeks after the gf. just doesn't add up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-in-super-rugby/story-fn8ti7yn-1226529111483

izzy full of shit? i'd like to see quotes but this bit makes me think yes....

.....carry the 4..... the numbers just don't add up. the nrl wouldn't be negotiating with him unless there was a club contract on offer as they don't operate like the aru or the promotional contract he had with the afl.

he officially pulled the pin on his afl deal about four weeks after the gf. just doesn't add up.
He's full of shit.

I kinda lost abit of respect for him, sure if he wants to solidify his financial future then good on him but its the way it's panned out.

He's full of shit.

Yeh of course he is. But I don't get why people all of a sudden want to treat anything our club or the NRL says as the gospel truth either. People might wish to reflect on the role played by our esteemed coach around the start of the Super League war in the 90s.

Tommax25

Bench
He is nor should anyone have a problem with that, good luck to him.

Took the biggest offer when joining Brisbane and did the same with the AFL. Can't remember the exact % but each year on what he earns there is an amount goes to the church.

There is a simple solution for that.

Latest posts