What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau wants AFL to thrive

Brutus

Referee
Rugby League has been in western Sydney for a long time but I think Isarel is referring to the mismanagement of league the past decade courtesy of Gallop and the News/NRL.

Yeah of course he was :crazy:

Serc

First Grade
I love it how they claim Folau as a product of Western Syd when it is widely known that he moved to QLD in his early teens and of course is eligible for QLD in SOO. Make your minds up!

Bulldog Force

Referee
I love it how they claim Folau as a product of Western Syd when it is widely known that he moved to QLD in his early teens and of course is eligible for QLD in SOO. Make your minds up!
Didn't he live in Sydney until he was 15 or something?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He's a Queenslander for sure.

No Blue Blood would ever say such stupid sh*t about the great game in the heartland.

Bulldog Force

Referee
You know many Queenslanders also think that up north they are a Rugby League heartland too ;) - sure, not as big as Sydney, but still, as far as QLD are concerned... NRL >>>>>>>>>>>> AFL

Loudstrat

Coach
Rugby League has been in western Sydney for a long time but I think Isarel is referring to the mismanagement of league the past decade courtesy of Gallop and the News/NRL.
The News/NRL have made no secret of the fact that they want toi cull Sydney teams in favour of areas in Qld and this reflects in the poor spending on jumiors and infrastructure on league out west.
A couple of token fan days out west will not make up for a decade of neglect.
The AFL will build infrastructure and a junior base..something that league has lost interset in for some time.
The last place a team would be culled from is out west numbskull.

Besides, they just built the RL academy out west. It's the only sport that has teams in the top grade from there.

Even if Folau COULD think - that would be a stupid thought to have.

So the Eels have produced all their players right? :sarcasm:
Nope, but we produce most. Unlike some....

Pierced Soul

First Grade
he needs a kick up the arse from the broncos and the NRL. it's one thing to speak your mind but to endorse a rival code liek that is ludicrous

even allowing for him coming across as one of the bigger morons out there it still shoudlnt have happened.

on another note, whilst he can jump and run, for some reason i just dont see him having the agility to ponce around like the AFL players do

Solid

Juniors
He aint smart cause he spent most of his time in school pumping iron and running laps.

Loudstrat

Coach
The Broncos haven't got a good track record with their players turning to other codes - have they!

Canard

Immortal
Something fishy going on here.

This article from Foxsports, quotes Israel completely differently to the article listed on the first post of this thread.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26696533-23214,00.html

This is more like him having sympathy for a weakling that is no threat, and he even supposedly says he would be "worried" if AFL did become bigger than league???

And the video linked on has him sheeplish saying "I hope it goes well for them", like a ex-wife might say about her husband re-marrying.

Whats going on?, what did he really say??

Last edited:

forward pass

Coach
Something fishy going on here.

This article from Foxsports, quotes Israel completely differently to the article listed on the first post of this thread.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26696533-23214,00.html

This is more like him having sympathy for a weakling that is no threat, and he even supposedly says he would be "worried" if AFL did become bigger than league???

And the video linked on has him sheeplish saying "I hope it goes well for them", like a ex-wife might say about her husband re-marrying.

Whats going on?, what did he really say??

He said it mate - showed it on the news !!!

Latest posts