What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau wants AFL to thrive

Ridders

Coach
Israel's comment does nothing to assist Rugby League in it's trench war with AFL. But when you look at the situation from Israel's perspective, if he keeps catching those high balls for the next two seasons this comment realistically sets him for a shot as the big AFL Western Sydney Marquee cross - code player recruit.

By making himself sound all slackjaw yokel about it, well that shows "sincerity" and that any massive offer made to him from the AFL would indeed be a welcome offer.

Calling him a moron really misses the point.

Most of these players are mercenaries these days, they play for cash, and will leave if offered more cash. Yeah they'd probably rather play our game, yeah they'll miss the action in our game, however the bottom line ends when the player manager promises them a retirement blissfully spent sitting on a beach earning 20%.

Welcome to the new world.

Agree with all of this.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Not sure how many people tuned into 10 news last night, but Izzy was asked about the GWS team. He said something along the lines of "I hope the do really well" and "good luck".

Sure, we don't want any further Dramas to develop between GWS and NRL, but this is what I'd consider jumping the gun!

watatank

Coach
Bulldog Force
user_online.gif

rank5_mod.gif

Loudstrat

Coach
You'll have to excuse Bulldog Force. He spent all yesterday looking through the Canterbury squad looking for someone who was bred not bought.......

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You'll have to excuse Bulldog Force. He spent all yesterday looking through the Canterbury squad looking for someone who was bred not bought.......

Just a quick question, where did these blokes come from?

Timana Tahu
Shane Shackleton
Justin Poore
Jonathon Wright

I'm sure there are more too... that was just first glance. Every club buys players, get over it.

JW

Coach
Pea-brain or mildly smart mercenary? In Folau's case, most likely a mixture of both.

Gotta say that is one of the most bizzare statements I've heard from a player in a long time, but not totally unexpected from Folau.

He was always the most likely to follow in Hunt's footsteps, but saying stuff like this in front of the media just adds weight to it.

watatank

Coach
Dude... as I said, I think a thread should be created signifying his comments, not on the actual even held yesterday :crazy:

As has been said, it there's a thread...here.

That wasn't the point of my post anyway. Why would you have to ask the mods to merge threads when you can do it yourself?

sharko

Juniors
Rugby League has been in western Sydney for a long time but I think Isarel is referring to the mismanagement of league the past decade courtesy of Gallop and the News/NRL.
The News/NRL have made no secret of the fact that they want toi cull Sydney teams in favour of areas in Qld and this reflects in the poor spending on jumiors and infrastructure on league out west.
A couple of token fan days out west will not make up for a decade of neglect.
The AFL will build infrastructure and a junior base..something that league has lost interset in for some time.

parra_jesus

Juniors
he is a obvious choice to defect to the afl once his big money contract at the broncos is up. can just see him now stating that he has done everything that he possibly can in rugby league (priemership , test and origins) dont let the door hit you on the way out . you wont be missed in the slightest