What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show?

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Just when you thought it was safe to tune back into channel nines footy show, they give you 6 reasons not to. 'King Bling', 'Mr Football', 'James Bond', 'Outdoor action man', 'King of the dance floor', and the 'tragic Falcon'.( telegraph page 50)..It looks as though new management are still getting ideas from the old one!:sarcasm:

Raider Azz

Bench
i declared i would never watch it again when i read they've signed luke ricketson for the panel.

Glenn

First Grade
dontmakemeangry said:
Just when you thought it was safe to tune back into channel nines footy show, they give you 6 reasons not to. 'King Bling', 'Mr Football', 'James Bond', 'Outdoor action man', 'King of the dance floor', and the 'tragic Falcon'.( telegraph page 50)..It looks as though new management are still getting ideas from the old one!:sarcasm:

Mason??? I guess they have to get someone to make Chief look vaguely intelligent.

Mr Saab

Referee
Gaz = Outdoor Action Man.
WTF are the shows producers on giving these names. ASDA need to get involved.

kooriguy

Juniors
woeful and when r they goin to give up on sterlo, chief and mario.. matty and fatty are the only charactors worth watchin on the program.. need some more comedians on it get rid of the dry guys

rabbs

Juniors
Won't last the year with the format they are going to run.Get rid of the rubbish and talk football.

Angry_eel

First Grade
kooriguy said:
woeful and when r they goin to give up on sterlo, chief and mario.. matty and fatty are the only charactors worth watchin on the program.. need some more comedians on it get rid of the dry guys
Sterlo left quietly already.
matty- funny at times but still crap
fatty - Not funny and crap

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
Sterling was the only person on that show that EVER had anything even vaguely intelligent to say.

Matt Johns is about as funny as terminal arse cancer. His 'humour' got old years ago.

wittyfan

Referee
Channel 9 are moving their highest rating show (RPA) for this.

Risky, very risky with Channel 7 getting on top in the ratings.

kooriguy

Juniors
hey they are good and no sterlo thank good its meant to be light hearted not serious, thats what the sunday version is for, and how could you not like the loveable reg reagan i swear he was my p.e teacher at whalan high (mt druitt).

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
Reg Reagan was funny when he started - but the whole thing just got old long ago now - there's only so long you can basically tell the same joke for before it starts to get boring - Johns needs a new schtick - think of new character....And NOT just bring Trent the Flight Steward back - that one was just tragic.

When Matty Johns talks footy - I listen - he's very knowledgeable - but when he starts trying to be funny - I just tune out now...

wittyfan

Referee
kooriguy said:
hey they are good and no sterlo thank good its meant to be light hearted not serious, thats what the sunday version is for, and how could you not like the loveable reg reagan i swear he was my p.e teacher at whalan high (mt druitt).

They were good. Around 1997. The show is way past it's use by date and needs to take a completely different direction.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Sterlo was the only one with a decent brain on the panel.
The AFL Footy Show's format is much, much better. Two knowledgable guys (Jim Brayshaw and Garry Lyon) with one wanker (Sam Newman), with a panel of three current players who tend to be articulate and impart their current experience with the viewers. And no BS like Crack a Fat.

The NRL Footy Show would be better served following the AFL model.

griffo346

First Grade
Coleman said:
Sterlo was the only one with a decent brain on the panel.
The AFL Footy Show's format is much, much better. Two knowledgable guys (Jim Brayshaw and Garry Lyon) with one wanker (Sam Newman), with a panel of three current players who tend to be articulate and impart their current experience with the viewers. And no BS like Crack a Fat.

The NRL Footy Show would be better served following the AFL model.

Agreed the NRL footyshow could learn of the AFL show even if they use the same format with there own person behind the bar like marmalade is

DeeGan

Bench
I am not going to get started about the "Fatty Show" ... though I will add this:

It could have been worse - "league expert" Mark Geyer could have been brought in :lol:

The serious stuff is on sunday with the roast..the footy show i havent seen for about 3 yrs.never seen the gaylord AFL show but didnt we get a logie last yr?

Mr Saab

Referee
Holla if ya hear me said:
The serious stuff is on sunday with the roast..the footy show i havent seen for about 3 yrs.never seen the gaylord AFL show but didnt we get a logie last yr?

You seriously cant put any cred into the logie awards?