What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For people who dislike the Melbourne Storm football club

_Johnsy

Referee
I was talking about the culture in vic, wa and sa (AFL in general to protect the games image, and players names)

strider

Post Whore
B-Tron 3000 said:
I don't hate the Storm.

If they stop their disgraceful tactics, get back to playing football, can get a decent fan base that turn up to games that aren't Prelim Finals, create some decent juniors, and stop bleating about how everyone hates them for no good reason, then I will actually like them.
exactly ... thats the disappointing thing with Melbourne - they clearly have talented, hard working players who can win it all on ability alone - yet they have to come out with all these crap tactics which are just f'n low acts .... they are bringing the sh*t on themselves - if they played fair they'd probably be everyone's 2nd favourite team with the talent they have brought through

Stormboyz

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
I was talking about the culture in vic, wa and sa (AFL in general to protect the games image, and players names)
Plenty of things wrong with the AFL (drug code for one). Bury their heads in the sand and pretend it's not happening.

smeghead

Bench
The point I am making is that, as far as I am aware, the Storm have actually been fined every year for breaching the cap in some form

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Answer me this Phil:

Would you be happy, and say nothing, if instead of White ripping Cayles, it was, say Moi Moi* doing the same to Inglis?

(* only using him for the example, no implication).

philstorm

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
Those two players fee up a bit of money, the others not much at all. I suppose it helps when you sign them young on long term deals on not much $$ at all. More than lkely VG club management.

Hill, Webster and particularly King weren't on big money?

But you've made a good point in regards to club management. Dean Lance mentioned a while ago that the Storm retainment policy is simple.

a) Get players who want to play at the club
b) Sign them on long-term contracts when they're young (example being Inglis)
c) Promote team unity as best as possible - and in a 'one-club' town like Melbourne, it's not really hard to do when all the boys spend their spare time with each other.

philstorm

Juniors
Ziggy the God said:
Answer me this Phil:

Would you be happy, and say nothing, if instead of White ripping Cayles, it was, say Moi Moi* doing the same to Inglis?

(* only using him for the example, no implication).

I'd be angry - but I honestly (you don't have to believe me) wouldn't blame MoiMoi for the incident.

Accidents like those happen in sports all the time.

Do you think Luke O'Donnell blames those players who got him in the awkward position (which was dubbed as deliberate at the time) for ruining his season?

If Inglis got his arm wrenched like Cayless's was, i'd be rightfully annoyed at MoiMoi for the incident, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that he did it deliberately. I'd want MoiMoi to be suspended for being reckless (and I did think that White should be suspended for his tackle on Cayless), but I wouldn't go so far as to say that Hagan and the Parramatta Eels were deliberately going out of their way to injure players from my club.

_Johnsy

Referee
philstorm said:
Hill, Webster and particularly King weren't on big money?

But you've made a good point in regards to club management. Dean Lance mentioned a while ago that the Storm retainment policy is simple.

a) Get players who want to play at the club
b) Sign them on long-term contracts when they're young (example being Inglis)
c) Promote team unity as best as possible - and in a 'one-club' town like Melbourne, it's not really hard to do when all the boys spend their spare time with each other.

What, no little tantrums phil, or is that only when I don't have praise for your club ?

smeghead

Bench
philstorm said:
Do you think Luke O'Donnell blames those players who got him in the awkward position (which was dubbed as deliberate at the time) for ruining his season?

Yes. He in fact stated in publicly that Fultons act was deliberate and because of ill feeling between the Tigers club and himself for his method of leaving the club. Therefore implying it was a deliberate act to take him out of the game for as long as possible for revenge.

Than again Lukey boy was always a bit of a douche

Dani

Immortal
Le KooK said:
Storm fans:

Embrace the hate.

Enjoy it.

Simple.

One step ahead of you.

Every time a new thread is created/another newspaper article is written it makes me smile even wider.

Lowdown

Juniors
I'm loving this thread.

Put the boot in guys. If it aint the grapple, its News Ltd. If it aint Slater kicking someone in the head; its their salary cap fines.

If it weren't for the fact we were this good (and you all know it) then you wouldn't be whinging like pathetic little biatches.

It makes us all the very much more satisfied each and every time we win. Which in our short 10 year history, has been at a greater rate than any other team, bar the Broncos (must be News Ltd eh?)

Grail

Juniors
I hate the storm, mainly because their fans and their coach are precious little princesses.

smeghead

Bench
:lol:

I have hated Melbourne from long before you were good. I am afraid it is a hang over from the SL days and your attatchment to Ribot. Just the way it is. No apologies for that one.

The question remains though that I have asked. Can anyone show me where the Storm have gone a year without breaching the cap and been punished. Two or three years of minor breaches in a row I can understand at a push as clubs do have a bad run with having to run second tier players or a stuff up is made in contractual obligations. But the amount of consecutive years the Storm have done this is tantamount to cheating.

I personally do not think it would adveresley affect their current squad too much as they are a wonderful team to watch when they are on song and deserve every accolade recieved this year (if they win the big one it is also well deserved) But on a management level something is not right. A investigation would be the quickest way to clear all of this up in the off season.

FTR Slater will always remain a cowardly dog for kicking a defenseless player in the head and than running away when he said player was on his feet and wanted to meat of some justice of his own

forward pass

Coach
So lets go through the reasons people hate the Storm -

1) Don't and never will produce their own juniors, instead they poach players from other junior areas.
2) Think wrestling is as important as playing footy
3) Have now resorted to ripping players arms back
4) Grapple tackles
5) Had a known drug cheat in their side for years
6) Tried to cheat by changing the size of their field
7) John Ribot
8) News Limited
9) Salary cap breaches
10) Danny Williams king hitting an opponent

Thats a fair list !

philstorm

Juniors
forward pass said:
So lets go through the reasons people hate the Storm -

1) Don't and never will produce their own juniors, instead they poach players from other junior areas.
2) Think wrestling is as important as playing footy
3) Have now resorted to ripping players arms back
4) Grapple tackles
5) Had a known drug cheat in their side for years
6) Tried to cheat by changing the size of their field
7) John Ribot
8) News Limited

Thats a fair list !

You forgot

9) Making Parra their bitch since 2001.

Juniors
thats ok, let it out fellas, if i went for a sh*thouse club like parramatta i'd be jealous of melbourne too