What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For people who dislike the Melbourne Storm football club

The Colonel

Immortal
Grow some skin..... you don't hear Manly fans complaining about being hated and they've been at it a damn sight longer than you lot.

smeghead

Bench
:lol: that is wonderful. So by that there was no reason for OP ever to be incorrect sizing and the first years of their existance were a lie? Or did the NRL change the rules to give Melbourne a helping hand? Maybe it was a trade off to remove John Ribot (the biggest blight in the history of the game.)

For mine Melbournes entire attitude is summed up by a game in 06 where Slater looked back and intentionally kicked Skandalis in the face and ran away when Skando got up.

They are a very professional and talented football team. They deserve their position on the table and in the final. Does not mean I have to like them in any way. Really the crusher tackles is one of the more disgusting things I have seen in the days of the NRL comp. It is worrying to think that kind of thing is coached.

I guess it all comes back to Bellamy. The man has a ruthless, win at all costs, approach. It works for the Storm but the attention it garners is part and parcel of the line he has chosen to walk.

One question, slighty removed from topic I know, that I have tried to get answered by many sources and failed is this. How many years have the Storm not been fined etc over salary cap violations since admission to the NRL?

strider

Post Whore
philstorm said:
Broncos - 'Crusher'

Parra - 'Field dimensions'

Manly - 'Crusher'

cos of course none of this ever happened ... :sarcasm:

Broncos - 'Crusher' ... the NRL didn't make a special media release banning the use of excessive force to stop players crushing other players necks IMMEDIATELY after this game

Parra - 'Field dimensions' ... Melbourne didn't ask if they could make the same mini-field at the dome despite the fact a normal field fits fine

Manly - 'Ripper' .... ffs get it right, its the Ripper this time - caylo didn't have his arm intentially ripped out of its socket and suffer an injury that will see him miss rep games

Nope - it is all just made up propaganda - all in our heads ..... nothing happened :sarcasm:

V1er

Juniors
Storm are becoming hypocrites, in the lead up bellamy accused the eels of milking penalities in the previous game when INU held down a storm player to get a penalty, Jeff Lima does it to Joel Reddy and gets a penalty for his trouble, but i guess cause its the storm its ok.

The Colonel

Immortal
smeghead said:
I guess it all comes back to Bellamy. The man has a ruthless, win at all costs, approach. It works for the Storm but the attention it garners is part and parcel of the line he has chosen to walk.

Pretty much sums it up.......

Stormboyz

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
look, i don't know about the grapple or crusher but that field dimensions thing was f**kin cheating coming from melbourne. Fair enough that OP is a small ground but you can't use the same dimensions for TD as well.
How is going through the correct and legal channels and being totally transparent cheating?
Storm asked the NRL in writing whether they could have the in-goal at 6m. The NRL said 'No'...end of story.
Please tell me how that is cheating? Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story hey? Whatever rocks your boat pal.

MattJ

Juniors
I dont think the storm are as hated as there fan like to believe they are, however, the defensiveness and whinging in threads coming from some of there fans of late could have them well on the way to being far further disliked.
You've got a team that has been miles ahead of everyone else for 2 years, a few days out from a 2nd consecutive grand final appearance and your upset about what the "nasty people" think of your club?
FFS get your priorities right and grow a pair will ya?

JW

Coach
philstorm said:
That's all well and good. It's perfectly fine to dislike a football club, but i'm personally sick to f**king death of teams, journalists, fans and commentators coming out every second week and accusing the Storm of something or the other.

First it was the grapple, then the 'crusher', then field dimensions, then some bullsh*t 'ripper' tackle.

It sh*ts me to f**king death that whenever the Storm does well, there's some sort of bullsh*t media agenda constantly driven against them.

As a club, we show all teams the respect they deserve, yet some Sydney based teams and the sydney media as a whole seem to constantly find ways to try and undermine the reasoning behind why we are such a good team.

When was the last time that the Storm went into a big game without some accusations or the other floating around about them started by the opposition?

Broncos - 'Crusher'

Parra - 'Field dimensions'

Manly - 'Crusher'

Harden up skirt.

It's footy FFS.

The 3 teams you've mentioned above, we're all among the most hated in the comp and always have been. And we love it.

Get some nuts.

Dani

Immortal
Meh, i love the hate makes me love 'em even more, but it sure is getting old.

Bring it AWN!

philstorm

Juniors
macavity said:
seems to be an attitude inherited from your parents... sorry, "franchisor"

At least our culture doesn't involve our greatest every player being a drug user.

Explains the hype.

smeghead

Bench
You don't have any real juniors either? Oh wait I am sure that one of the Melbourne raised kids will make their impact soon