What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For people who dislike the Melbourne Storm football club

_Johnsy

Referee
1999 said:
thats ok, let it out fellas, if i went for a sh*thouse club like parramatta i'd be jealous of melbourne too

Princess,

While I am no fan of Parramatta, that comment says it all. You have no respect for clubs who are much older than yours, and have much more history than yours, even if you do hate them. Disrespectfull.

Juniors
there there, maybe parra might make it next year... mind you thats a very big might...

_Johnsy

Referee
it is called mutual respect, I hate Brisbane, but I do respect their history and what the club has achieved.

Is it too complex a idea to understand.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Watch out! here comes bandwagoner 9907 to have his say (thought I'd get that out of the way for you Johnsy ;-) ) -

Seriously though, I find the dislike of Melbourne to be pure jealousy and sour grapes.

They've battled against the odds in a AFL landscape for 10 years and have 1 premiership (hopefully a 2nd soon) and 2 minor premierships to show for it. They also outsold the Manly v Cowboys semi.

Anyone read the telecrap's slogan for their coverage this week. 'Go Manly - Save Sydney's Pride'.

Sydney's Pride? you've got to be kidding me. Manly have never been anyone else's pride other than their own :lol:

Juniors
where's the mutual respect for what the storm have accomplished in their history, 3 grand finals in less than 10 years and no one thinks they are any good, out sell a sydney prelim and have been touted as one of the best line ups of all time and you still have to pay out on them, dont talk to me about respecting a club, your just sh*tty coz of the 99 decider, get over it johnssy, everyone is sick of it

Ice777

Bench
forward pass said:
oh - I forgot about that little matter of announcing the signing of Moi Moi - with a forged contract!

The Storm were in the dark about that as much as anyone. As far as they knew it was his signature and in the end it came out that it was his then manager that forged his signature and nobody else. Gets your facts straight before you make yourself look like a total knob. Oops, too late :lol:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22428655-5001023,00.html

pantherz9103 said:
Watch out! here comes bandwagoner 9907 to have his say (thought I'd get that out of the way for you Johnsy ;-) ) -

Seriously though, I find the dislike of Melbourne to be pure jealousy and sour grapes.

They've battled against the odds in a AFL landscape for 10 years and have 1 premiership (hopefully a 2nd soon) and 2 minor premierships to show for it. They also outsold the Manly v Cowboys semi.

Anyone read the telecrap's slogan for their coverage this week. 'Go Manly - Save Sydney's Pride'.

Sydney's Pride? you've got to be kidding me. Manly have never been anyone else's pride other than their own :lol:
Forgetting the war ?Pride of the ARL, No?Ring any bells.
As long as the Storm as a club and its supporters continue to defend the indefensible all of their achievements will not have the gloss they should have.

1999 said:
where's the mutual respect for what the storm have accomplished in their history, 3 grand finals in less than 10 years and no one thinks they are any good, out sell a sydney prelim and have been touted as one of the best line ups of all time and you still have to pay out on them, dont talk to me about respecting a club, your just sh*tty coz of the 99 decider, get over it johnssy, everyone is sick of it

I think the feeling is that there was respect.

Unfortunatley, what your club have brought to the game under Bellamy particularly highlighted last weekend, has seen a lot of that collective respect pissed down the urinal.

If winning matches is as important to your club as employing tactics to maim other players and give them potentially season ending muscular and joint injuries, then why would anyone other than a Storm supporter want to respect them?

White by himself is one thing.

Cameron Smith on top of that, and a whiteboard which shows where the priority of the gameplan lies, to the point where Bellamy even pulled out a different coloured marker to underline "wrestle" and punctuate it with three exclamation makrs (whereby none of the other instructions up there received this sort of treatment) - just unfortunately points towards a club whose team is headed by a misguided individual who is fast becoming a blight on the game.

Butters

Bench
Cameron Smith on top of that, and a whiteboard which shows where the priority of the gameplan lies, to the point where Bellamy even pulled out a different coloured marker to underline "wrestle" and punctuate it with three exclamation makrs (whereby none of the other instructions up there received this sort of treatment) - just unfortunately points towards a club whose team is headed by a misguided individual who is fast becoming a blight on the game.

Oh no he put emphasis on wrestling, a key part of rugby league and the only way to control the speed of the ruck somebody stop him!

Butters said:
Oh no he put emphasis on wrestling, a key part of rugby league and the only way to control the speed of the ruck somebody stop him!

But such emphasis!

Isn't it?

To the point, where it appears that not much else about the gameplan matters so much as that.

If that is what all this investment in a Melbourne team, has effectively brought to Rugby League: a club who continually push the boundaries of the rules, to the point of injuring other players, which in consequence causes the governing body to have to tighten their laws or change them all together between seasons, in an effort to combat their tactics - then it is not only a poor financial return for the NRL, but also a morally bankrupt one for fans of the game.

Shorty

Staff member
:lol:
pantherz9103 said:

Of course it is.
We're so jealous of their grappling and lack of coverage in Melbourne...it's great!
Hot damn why can't we try and change the dimensions of the field so it works in our favour.

Oh the humanity I want to be the Melbourne Storm!:lol:

I suggest you go into the name changing thread,because you obviously don't support a team that doesn't win all the time...

_Johnsy

Referee
1999 said:

I have often said Melbourne are a great footy side, that has never been in dispute. I do respect melbourne for what they have achieved in a short period of time, again no denying this.

Show me where I have said Melbourne are not a good side.

When have I paid out on Melbournes lineup, I have questioned some of their tactics, that is a given, however I have never bagged their lineup.

As for the 99 decider, I have said numerous times, the better side on the day won. Get over it, that is the only thing you have, grow up.

Everyone is not sick of it, I'd say you and your 3 friends maybe a bit tired of it, but hey it is a forum to discuss things, If you dont like it fugg off.

I can only assume there is a pattern here, a person who has no backbone, talked it up over and over again, Yet failed to come through with the goods. The same person with no backbone could never understand respect even though you hate another side.

If I have contradicted anything in this post, compared to another post, please show everyome and I will happily retract and apologise.

You are truly excelling in being a dimwit.

forward pass

Coach
1999 said:
where's the mutual respect for what the storm have accomplished in their history, 3 grand finals in less than 10 years and no one thinks they are any good,

great achievement no doubt - but when are you going to get it through your head that it was achieved with players that were developed at other junior clubs.

When you guys make Grand Finals with the majority of your players having come through your Junior nursery - then we will applaud the achievements.

Sorry to say - it will never happen !

pantherz9103

First Grade
It still is sour grapes because a club you loathe is in line for silverware. None of these clubs bagging the Storm have won a comp recently :lol:

Ice777

Bench
forward pass said:
great achievement no doubt - but when are you going to get it through your head that it was achieved with players that were developed at other junior clubs.

And?.........So?

Angry_eel

First Grade
pantherz9103 said:
It still is sour grapes because a club you loathe is in line for silverware. None of these clubs bagging the Storm have won a comp recently :lol:
most people couldn't care if they win or don't win the gf. Its the tactics they use which makes people angry.

As eels fans most of us hate Manly(traditonally) but many of us are supporting Manly because of the ripper of a game on Sunday. No doubt they were the better team and showed up our lot but ripping someone's shoulder should be part of the tactics.

I hate Manly more this year than other years(due to Mr Judas) but looking at those tackles leaves me with no choice but to support manly.

strider

Post Whore
I love how the melbourne fans call everyone else bitchy, moaning whingers - yet they think Jarryd Hayne committed the biggest sin in the history of the world cos he stayed down AFTER BEING SMACKED IN THE HEAD and bitched and moaned about it for a day after :lol: :lol: