What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale: Ben Ross

Dani

Immortal
give him a chance, you never know what an off-season of training and working with scott hill will do

Raider_69

Post Whore
well looks like thats what we will have to do but IMO cronk looks to be a McLinden sort of player, decent enough passing and kicking and running but not in the upper class of any of those area's like Orford is...

But i guess we'll find out soon enough

LESStar58

Referee
Mal Meninga said:
I can't remember the exact words but they reported, "And Panthers Ben Ross has joined the Storm along with Michael Crocker" or to that effect.

Melbourne are gonna be brilliant next year, with or without Orford.

Mal is my new favorite person....in a totally hetero way of course!

Raider_69 said:
i disagree Mal. If they lose Orford they will need to replace him with someone outside the club, Bell can be replaced by that Graham fella or Greg Inglis, who were both very impressive, as well as Stevey Turner... but i cant see anyone in thier line up that can replace orford
Haven't you heard? Josh Graham :arrow: Western Force but Inglis can fill in that spot nicely.

Raider_69 said:
Cronk maybe be a very solid player
but Matt Orford he aint
Orford wasn't much of a player when he joined us (sure, Rookie of the Year runner up in 2000 behind Lavea) but he developed over the years to become a contender for Origin (though he f'ed it up himself :evil: ) and it took him a long time to get the combination right with Scott Hill.

Raider_69

Post Whore
But orford always had the special something about him, something when you watched him play you thought, in the right place with the right team, he could be sensational... i dont get that with Cronk

hmm i hadnt herd that about Josh Graham... gutted about that, he looked very good, impressed me more then Inglis did

Orford's been around for five years, Cronk barely a full season. Yeah, I'm really annoyed Graham's gone to Perth but we picked him up as a union junior so it makes sense he prefers to play union.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Big Mick © said:
No COmment for fear the police will hunt me down for threats made to Penrith Management.

Hear, Hear! And you can also throw me in the same f*cking boat!

Pantherjim.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Thunderstruck said:
Orford's been around for five years, Cronk barely a full season. Yeah, I'm really annoyed Graham's gone to Perth but we picked him up as a union junior so it makes sense he prefers to play union.

yea i guess, spose we'll know soon enough, but i wouldnt expect miricles from him next year, it will take him awhile if he is gonna develop into a strong play maker

yea i had herd Josh was from a union backround, he was a very good prospect

mickdo

Coach
The Tank said:
Has Ross actually signed? I can't find news for it anywhere.
Don't think it's official yet (only Crocker is listed on the Storm website), but certainly seems to be very very close.

cainen

Juniors
Ch 10 f**ked up (big surprise). They said he signed but he hasn't. Sharks are also interested in him according to the SMH.

Raider_69 said:
But orford always had the special something about him, something when you watched him play you thought, in the right place with the right team, he could be sensational... i dont get that with Cronk

hmm i hadnt herd that about Josh Graham... gutted about that, he looked very good, impressed me more then Inglis did

Ingliss is still young but.

I am a bit dissapionted in Cronk. but he May get there. :D

LESStar58

Referee
mickdo said:
Don't think it's official yet (only Crocker is listed on the Storm website), but certainly seems to be very very close.

Very very close indeed....this may lend some weight to it...

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15795284%255E11088,00.htmlhttp://[url=

already Ross and his manager have met with Storm and Ben will be in Melby sometime after Origin 3. A deal COULD be struck as early as Friday...this is major indeed! I just hope it follows through!

LESStar58

Referee
fixed here as well...used the url function on the board and pasted the whole lot so prolly why the 2 http appeared (???????)