What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale: Ben Ross

With Ross and Crocker on board, Melbourne Storm will be one of the most depleted teams come Origin time in the next few seasons. Slater, Smith, Crocker, Ross, King :shock:

Pantherjim.

Referee
Big Mick © said:
i'm already gone for a month LMAO

:lol: I'll probably be off for three months after what I've said so far... just couldn't contain myself. The thought police will be after me!

Pantherjim.

Referee
Munky said:
f**k!

Get rid of our f**king useless management.

No Sh*t!

I believe our management/recruitment enjoy the physical challange of buying nobody's, making them into somebody's winning one premiership with them and then watching the Sydney Rorters pluck them for all their worth, or even worse still - selling them off two years before their contract expires, while the club effectively skulks around at the bottom of the table for the next 12-15 years.

Because I think no one here at Penrith cares about sucess, or even better still, a club dynasty! :x

Oh well, It could be worse.... we could be the Cronulla Sharks! And you know what they say: "Tis better two have won two premierships in 40 years of club existance between long breaks of 12-15 years than never to have won a premiership at all....trala la la la la la! :rolleyes:

Pantherjim.

shadowboxer said:
how do they make it fit??
End of last year we shed Robbie Ross, Rodney Howe, Steven Kearney (all on big money upwards of 350K), and Danny Williams, and signed a bunch of youngsters on the lower end of the scale. Kearns is coming off contract and Matt Geyer took a pay cut on his current contract due to expire in 2006. King, Slater, and Smith are maybe on $200K. We also only signed Feeney and Scott from outside the club last year.

Orford and Kearns are probably the only ones earning more than $350K this year and we're looking at not having Orford next season or having him on a more reasonable pay for an underperforming halfback.

CMIIW

The Tank

Bench
I am sick to death of this incompetent club. If we lose Ross to sign outside backs - then we have no props! Who Clinton, Crossman, F.Puletua??? Yeah great! FFS! I feel like crying! Why re-sign Preston if we're in a salary cap crisis? And why all of a sudden.

IMO we should be dropping Gower first and foremost! What a waste of money!

The only real quality we have at Penrith is Ross, Priddis, Pritchard, and T.Puletua. The rest aren't that great.

Thunderstruck said:
With Ross and Crocker on board, Melbourne Storm will be one of the most depleted teams come Origin time in the next few seasons. Slater, Smith, Crocker, Ross, King :shock:

Ahhh..... Welll....... Maybe not slater. :badgrin:

Big Mick

Referee
steaming stormer said:
Wonder if Ross will come to Melbourne and Steve Bell end up at Penrith?

I certainly hope not.

A 24 year old Origin prop for a 30 year old Centre?

choc_soldier

Coach
Pantherjim. said:
:lol: I'll probably be off for three months after what I've said so far... just couldn't contain myself. The thought police will be after me!

This is why I'm choosing to vent my spleen over here. All I have said over there are general one liners that show my dissent, but don't go over the line.

I'm surprised PI hasn't melted down after all of this.

There are a lot of irate Penrith fans out there. I understand there is a "crisis", but why pawn one of our most valuable players, in the hope that we will sign a quality back?

Let go of a few of our 27 backrowers. That should ease the squeeze.

The incompetence of Penrith's management really has no bounds. I love it. :rolleyes:

choc_soldier

Coach
And you know what - it will probably happen.

Geez... I'm still going to Canberra this week - but I might pop into the newsagent on the way down, and get myself some cardboard and textas. Make me some banners, and hopefully it'll get on Fox Sports...

Sure, it won't make a scrap of difference... but voices must be heard!!!

Big Mick

Referee
I plan to start a protest outside Penrith headquarters if Ross leaves and we sign f**king noone.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Panthers_Gurl said:
Ill walk to penrith and join you Big Mick

Count me in as well... although, It's not so much an effort for me as I only live about 15 mins walk/2mins drive away from the stadium and 20mins walk/5 mins drive away from Panthers!

Pantherjim.

ByRd

First Grade
seriously, how dumb are the panthers. Unloading a current origin rep player to keep some younger players. Its penriths loss and another clubs gain.

LESStar58

Referee
Earl said:
Cmon Melbourne.
I hear that!

8. White
9. Smith (C)
10. Ross
11. Kidwell
12. Crocker
13. Johnson

Maybe the Queensland connection will get him down South next year!?

LESStar58

Referee
The_Coach said:
His on a fair bit, don't know if Melbourne could afford that.

When the money hungry little grub that is Matt Orford makes up his mind and f**ks off we'll have more than enough room for Ross! I say get him Storm! Quite a QLD connection we'll have

Slater
Smith
Ross
Crocker
Johnson

God with talent like that I can almost taste a premiership!