What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the 100th time: Feleti Mateo

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Delaney doesnt offer much more experience, particuarly as a back rower.

The small bench has done the job, but we were exposed yesterday against a big side.

I'm not disagreeing but our vision in hindsight is always 20/20 particularly after a loss. At the end of the day JT probably could have done a lot of things differently and I am sure that know one on here knows that better than what he does. It is how he responds to the loss that will show how good a coach he is.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
I'm not disagreeing but our vision in hindsight is always 20/20 particularly after a loss. At the end of the day JT probably could have done a lot of things differently and I am sure that know one on here knows that better than what he does. It is how he responds to the loss that will show how good a coach he is.

Yeah...it's obviously all in hindsight. I actually think the loss of Grothe was massive.

Let's hope he isnt as stubborn as the bloke that went before him, particuarly if we run into O'Meley, Mason etc week 1 of the finals, or again, we'll struggle physically to stay in the match.

mickdo

Coach
The thing is though, a lot of us commented on the small size before the game, so it isn't necessarily hindsight

The Colonel

Immortal
mickdo said:
The thing is though, a lot of us commented on the small size before the game, so it isn't necessarily hindsight

Had we won would have been an issue? Sure we commented about it but until the game played out no one knows what was going to happen. Had we won, most would have been on here saying how good an option it was......

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Had we won would have been an issue? Sure we commented about it but until the game played out no one knows what was going to happen. Had we won, most would have been on here saying how good an option it was......

Talking about 'had we won' is pretty irrelevant when we got done by 20+, and never looked like winning.

mickdo

Coach
The Colonel said:
Well, then we would have been happy to have been wrong! ;-)
Look, none of us in here could have done what JT has done with this team, there's no doubt about that, and there probably wasn't a lot he could have done to prevent the weekend's result either. I'm just saying that is wasn't necessarily hindsight in this case, as a lot of us were worried about our size and the bench in particular.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Talking about 'had we won' is pretty irrelevant when we got done by 20+, and never looked like winning.

Get f**ked fishy. It is no more irrelevant than talking about it on Friday before the game has even kicked off. Wow, we have a forum full of absolute geniuses because we questioned whether size would be an issue, John Morris is quite obviously not the answer at five eight and Luke Burt is highly over rated. Make enough predictions and you are bound to be right somewhere along the line..... size has been an issue since Fui first was suspended.

The Colonel

Immortal
mickdo said:
Well, then we would have been happy to have been wrong! ;-)
Look, none of us in here could have done what JT has done with this team, there's no doubt about that, and there probably wasn't a lot he could have done to prevent the weekend's result either. I'm just saying that is wasn't necessarily hindsight in this case, as a lot of us were worried about our size and the bench in particular.

As I said above, make enough predictions and you are bound to be right at some stage. Most on here were happy to say that Lazarus and Roach didn't know what they were talking about too.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Get f**ked fishy. It is no more irrelevant than talking about it on Friday before the game has even kicked off. Wow, we have a forum full of absolute geniuses because we questioned whether size would be an issue, John Morris is quite obviously not the answer at five eight and Luke Burt is highly over rated. Make enough predictions and you are bound to be right somewhere along the line.....

Calm down Colonel. :roll:

People have legitimate concerns about the size we have - and the way things panned out yesterday. Some of those people had them before the match. And I'm sure, despite the talk, JT himself was a bit concerned.

It's not like we lost a nail bitter. We were well and truly beaten, and there were some lessons there.

Saying had we won....well so what? We didn't even go close to winning.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Calm down Colonel. :roll:

People have legitimate concerns about the size we have - and the way things panned out yesterday. Some of those people had them before the match. And I'm sure, despite the talk, JT himself was a bit concerned.

It's not like we lost a nail bitter. We were well and truly beaten, and there were some lessons there.

Saying had we won....well so what? We didn't even go close to winning.

The concerns were legitimate in hindight. No, we didn't go close to winning - I'm aware of that as people are already whinging about why this one shouldn't have played and why this one should have. Given the players we had out for the past 10 weeks eventually size was going to be an issue - the media have told us that for weeks. JT even admitted that last week. It isn't exactly rocket science.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Size - important or not? I say no:

Fuifui Moimoi is 185cm tall and 105kg (from memory) - hardly a huge man. But what he lacks for in 'size', he makes up for in sheer aggression. And that is what we need.

Chad Robinson is not a small man. But the way he defended against Brisbane's bigger men was perhaps not the way he should - he often waited for Thaiday and Webcke to run to him before making a tackle. Which is fine. But I feel he should be more aggressive and use his size to bring them down sooner - maybe even drive them back.

Sean7

Juniors
The Colonel said:

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

If we played a side of under 12 kids and won we would've been saying what a good decision it was too.

If I could ever give my girlfriend an orgasm I'd be saying how good I was.

If Brian Smith had won some premierships...

Some things are just unlikely to happen.

And please moderate your reply to fisheel. That sort of attack is uncalled for and offends my delicate sensibilities.

fish eel

Immortal
Sean7 said:
And please moderate your reply to fisheel. That sort of attack is uncalled for and offends my delicate sensibilities.

I'm a big boy...I can handle anything Corey Pearson says. :lol: ;-)

sooperdooper

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Size - important or not? I say no:

Fuifui Moimoi is 185cm tall and 105kg (from memory) - hardly a huge man. But what he lacks for in 'size', he makes up for in sheer aggression. And that is what we need.

Chad Robinson is not a small man. But the way he defended against Brisbane's bigger men was perhaps not the way he should - he often waited for Thaiday and Webcke to run to him before making a tackle. Which is fine. But I feel he should be more aggressive and use his size to bring them down sooner - maybe even drive them back.

Robbo is on the smaller side...

sooperdooper

First Grade
we lost due to:
forwards
poor kicking options

and credit to brisbane they played smart footy!

Widders really needs to pass

walker smith

Juniors
The Colonel said:
With a bit of luck and a better kicking game (and a penalty or three from Haveachat) we would have ben right in that game.[/quote]

Have to agree with this - parra were unlucky on Sunday.

Perhaps JT could have brought some young size in - but this would have been tinkering with a formula that yielded a nine match winning streak and would have attracted criticism in itself!

Bit of a no-win situation on Sunday as the loss of our main experienced prop (Chad) and our half would have impacted us no matter who was on the park.

The boys absolutely tried their guts out and i applauded them off the park!

The season is not gone yet despite the uphill battle ahead - one thing is for sure, after sunday i know these blokes are going to die with their boots on!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
walker smith said:
The Colonel said:
With a bit of luck and a better kicking game (and a penalty or three from Haveachat) we would have ben right in that game.[/quote]

Have to agree with this - parra were unlucky on Sunday.

Perhaps JT could have brought some young size in - but this would have been tinkering with a formula that yielded a nine match winning streak and would have attracted criticism in itself!

Bit of a no-win situation on Sunday as the loss of our main experienced prop (Chad) and our half would have impacted us no matter who was on the park.

The boys absolutely tried their guts out and i applauded them off the park!

The season is not gone yet despite the uphill battle ahead - one thing is for sure, after sunday i know these blokes are going to die with their boots on!!

and that's exactly why I felt the way I did on sunday...it's very rare do I walk away with a smile in my face but they really did give it a shot.