What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who are Self Isolating

Angry_eel

First Grade
How can we spend our stimulus money when we are not allowed outside..?
Shop Online. You'll be helping the payments industry and the ecomm industry, both of which I'm involved in somehow.

Don't forget Logistics, fashion(if you're buying clothes or shoes) or homewares.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thank you. Hope you are doing ok, I know you are going through a bit at the moment.

Thanks, mate - I will keep soldiering on.

Although we did have a meeting with our company, who have declared that - although we are still at work -, they cannot guarantee our jobs long-term.

Reading between the lines, we have a job, until the doors shut.

It sucks, but it's no different to thousands of other people - we will simply have to find a way to survive this.

Gronk

Staff member
Shop Online. You'll be helping the payments industry and the ecomm industry, both of which I'm involved in somehow.

Don't forget Logistics, fashion(if you're buying clothes or shoes) or homewares.

* Buy Australian

Kornstar

Coach
Cheers mate, congrats on the weight loss. Over 50kgs is an awesome effort. I could afford to lose a few kgs I find it hard to get motivated I can’t imagine the effort it took to lose that much.

Thank you but I am truly embarrassed that I ever let it get that far. Funnily enough I am now down to 84kgs and I was originally happy just to get below 100.

My Dr told me to stop losing weight when I was 88 ( 2 weeks ago) but I need to keep this routine as it is working so well and I am just used to it now.

Also, the fact that I have so much loose skin the only thing I see in the mirror is that 140kg + merkin and that is what drives me. I know I've lost heaps, as in the rational part of me but the mental patient in me just hates that I don't look like I should for my weight and height.

Weight wise I am not longer classed as overweight but the loose skin makes me believe I am.

But the saddest part of all is that we are in the middle of a pandemic and essentially locked down and my problems are nothing in comparison to the situation you look like you are about to be in and I am very aware of that but the demons are still there.

But I certainly aint looking for sympathy either, just literally talking shit :)

hindy111

Post Whore
Thank you but I am truly embarrassed that I ever let it get that far. Funnily enough I am now down to 84kgs and I was originally happy just to get below 100.

My Dr told me to stop losing weight when I was 88 ( 2 weeks ago) but I need to keep this routine as it is working so well and I am just used to it now.

Also, the fact that I have so much loose skin the only thing I see in the mirror is that 140kg + merkin and that is what drives me. I know I've lost heaps, as in the rational part of me but the mental patient in me just hates that I don't look like I should for my weight and height.

Weight wise I am not longer classed as overweight but the loose skin makes me believe I am.

But the saddest part of all is that we are in the middle of a pandemic and essentially locked down and my problems are nothing in comparison to the situation you look like you are about to be in and I am very aware of that but the demons are still there.

But I certainly aint looking for sympathy either, just literally talking shit :)

Forget looks for now cause I reckon what's most important is - Are you healthier? Are you setting a good example for your children? Also you can now go and enjoy some foods without feeling guilty.
I congratulate you on those things. People seemed upset with my original comments. I wasn't meant to have a dig at you at all.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Agree 100% But I understand people have budgets and will always go for cheaper

Why my guitar amplifier business will never take off.

It may with some effort and good customization.

Amps being imported have high freight costs which you dont have, and they cant customize, you can customize colours, appearance and cool led strips ect and provide optional sound effects that standard cheap amps cant

think outside the box and be original, set yourself up a unique brand name and post a lot on social media and they will sell but give it time

a lot of people sitting around playing guitars atm cuz they cant work

go for it

Kornstar

Coach
Thanks, mate - I will keep soldiering on.

Although we did have a meeting with our company, who have declared that - although we are still at work -, they cannot guarantee our jobs long-term.

Reading between the lines, we have a job, until the doors shut.

It sucks, but it's no different to thousands of other people - we will simply have to find a way to survive this.

Well that is just shit, I'm sorry to hear that.......

Have you heard about autophagy?

Kornstar

Coach
Forget looks for now cause I reckon what's most important is - Are you healthier? Are you setting a good example for your children? Also you can now go and enjoy some foods without feeling guilty.
I congratulate you on those things. People seemed upset with my original comments. I wasn't meant to have a dig at you at all.

The funniest part of all is that I feel the same, sure I am fitter but the only time that matters is when I am running or walking at the high pace I do otherwise I never got sick, I could get through all the exercise I have done over the last 10 years (was around 13kms a day previously to now, no running though) and ate whatever.

Obviously better fitting clothes, being off blood pressure medication is great but in the feelings department I don't feel better off to be honest.

Kornstar

Coach
Have you heard about autophagy?

I have now, reading about it now. Thanks.

It has long been my opinion that not eating for a day or more that your existing fat will eat itself. An observation I made over time trying different things.

I will say that the loose skin has been receding just not fast enough for me and for all intents and purposes I am intermittent fasting, just in my own way and not as strict as the official way suggests. For example I will have breakfast every day but on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays I don't eat from breakfast till the next morning and I have dinner (not large servings) Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't have lunch at all.

Saturdays I eat the world from the time I wake up till the after dessert at night time. I then don't eat breakfast or lunch on a Sunday but have dinner and that dinner is a normal person serving, not too small or not too large.

That has worked for me since September last year. Last week I lost over 2kgs.

I have now, reading about it now. Thanks.

It has long been my opinion that not eating for a day or more that your existing fat will eat itself. An observation I made over time trying different things.

I will say that the loose skin has been receding just not fast enough for me and for all intents and purposes I am intermittent fasting, just in my own way and not as strict as the official way suggests. For example I will have breakfast every day but on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays I don't eat from breakfast till the next morning and I have dinner (not large servings) Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't have lunch at all.

Saturdays I eat the world from the time I wake up till the after dessert at night time. I then don't eat breakfast or lunch on a Sunday but have dinner and that dinner is a normal person serving, not too small or not too large.

That has worked for me since September last year. Last week I lost over 2kgs.
That's dedication. I'm sure things will continue to improve. I eat similarly but no plan. About half the time I have just dinner and about half the time I'll have lunch and dinner. Need to limit the alcohol though.

I don't drink alcohol, so maybe that is why I have been so successful :)
It is. If I don't drink I lose about 10kg a month. Not changing anything else.
Also I've seen stuff about loose skin and people just bulking up a bit seems to improve it. Strength training also has plenty of other benefits.