What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Those Who Recently Joined The Forum...

Steel Dragon

Bench
Hi, was a Steelers supporter way back then become a St George Illawarra dragons supporter as we had tooooo, and will always be a local supporter thru and thru

Always good to have another lady around - gents, behave! And a Steelers girl (gotta love that ;-))

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well there are a few bored opposition supporters joining under different names at the moment. Not all, but a few.

To the fellas posing as girls... here's a free tip. I gave up that lark up years ago. Trust me, it may work for a while, but it's difficult gaining acceptance in the wider community.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Though to be fair Willow, Sydney's East is renowned for Men posing as Girls. The Eastern Suburbs even have some sort of parade for them I believe.

If the Roosters win - will they have a ticker-tape mardi-gras?

chris_el

Juniors
Hi all,

I actually joined last year but only recently became more active. I've been supporing dragons since about 1996. But back then was only every now and again, but i've been a passionate supported since 1999. I remember Blacklock doing the backflips, i remember Nathan Brown slapping Barrett.

Go the Saints!!!

dragonfan10

Juniors
I'll plead my case.

Grew up as a kid going to Kogarah oval with my Dad and younger brother.

From mid teens to early 20s I stopped going as I had other interests I carried on with, then mid last year a few people in my office kept talking about the dragons every Monday after the weekend games so I got back into it last year.

Got Red V membership this year to Kogarah only and next year I've signed up for Kogarah and Wollongong.

Recently disovered this forum and signed up.

Coshie

Juniors
I was born in wollongong ,my parents went back when i was 18 months old.. grew up in south west England..in a mainly football(soccer) /rugby union region.

So did not know anything about rugby league until i moved back here 5 years ago ( 35 odd years later) .

Having seen where my parents lived in "the gong " and St George being the patron saint of England, there was i only one team in the NRL i felt i could follow..only went to a few games in the 1st couple of years..but at the start of this season decided to get a RED V memebrship and went to most games ,including the bus trip to Canberra..

Still learning the rules so get a bit confused sometimes..But that doesn't stop me from shout and cheering with the rest of the people around me..

As much as i love the team, i know with only 4 years of supporting them my pride (if we get the right result) will be small compared to some of yours

Looking forward to being there Sunday and watching a few of you older fans trying to hold back the tears when(hopfully) we pick the trophy up..

Sorry this post went for so long..

Latest posts