What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Kangaroos star Ian Roberts will reveal rugby league has left him with brain da

Generalzod

Immortal
A lot of women would read this article and it would determine what sports there sons/or daughters play..

Brutus

Referee
Gee some real compassionate types on LU.

Guy reveals he has brain damage from playing the game, and he is a scumbag, lowlife, idiot and a attention seeker?

Just someone who cannot remember his lines who wants to sue poppy seeds off the sport that gave him a profile to begin with.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
True, all he is claiming is he struggles to remember his lines. Could be a hundred reasons for that. Still makes a good headline and screws the game a little bit more so no surprise the media is running with it.

Also agree, I'm about to head out wake boarding. If I do my knee again it's my own fault and no one else's, hate today's blame society.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Gee some real compassionate types on LU.

Guy reveals he has brain damage from playing the game, and he is a scumbag, lowlife, idiot and a attention seeker?

If I had an ounce of compassion for him, it would have gone out the window when he started discouraging parents from letting their kids play footy.

man2iel_

Juniors
True, all he is claiming is he struggles to remember his lines. Could be a hundred reasons for that. Still makes a good headline and screws the game a little bit more so no surprise the media is running with it.

Also agree, I'm about to head out wake boarding. If I do my knee again it's my own fault and no one else's, hate today's blame society.

Well put!

Perth Tiger

Bench
Without diminishing the risks of concussion there could be many other contributing factors to memory loss. With all the stories with players and their alcohol intake in the 80 and 90s would surely affect memory as would any other substance he may have had during his acting career ( not saying he has but it is certainly available in that industry)

Or of course he could of been a dumb shit before he started playing and not being able to remember his lines is a result of that.

Canard

Immortal
If I had an ounce of compassion for him, it would have gone out the window when he started discouraging parents from letting their kids play footy.

There is a one line quote where he says parents think about it, or similar.

I GUARANTEE that has been quoted that way to cause sensation.

I wouldn't mind betting the follow on is if they get concussion, stop them playing, our wear protective gear.

Regardless, to call someone who may be suffering from brain damage a scumbag is beyond the pale.

adamkungl

Immortal
Seriously though how is this any different from blokes having arthritis in every limb by the time they're 50. Rugby League has long term health risks, everyone knows it. Ban running ffs

beave

Coach
If players want to sue for brain damage, then fine, don't take the 200-300k+ pay cheques each year.

Talk about wanting to have their cake and f**king eat it too.........

georgesnmith

Juniors
if it was a half back or someone complaining maybe theyd have a point

but someone who revelled in being a hard man and enforcer to complain about how hard the game is, is pure hypocrisy

probably just not happy the game brushed him off after Super League (like michael oconner) so hes holding a grudge

Canard

Immortal
That moment when you realize that your views are diametrically opposed to the majority of the forum...

Brutus

Referee
I blame Gene Miles for that cheap shot on Robbo in the Brisbane v Manly semi 1990.

Maximus

Coach
Seriously though how is this any different from blokes having arthritis in every limb by the time they're 50. Rugby League has long term health risks, everyone knows it. Ban running ffs

Yeah you're right, having arthritis is the same as brain injuries :roll: