What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

franklin2323

Immortal
Well we all know about Burton so they better not stuff it up.

Again though if Luai really does kick on. Not much depth in the NZ halves. Say he makes the team and Burton leaves is it a stuff up?

The reason Graham was a stuff up was we were terrible and let a good player go

WestyLife

First Grade
Again though if Luai really does kick on. Not much depth in the NZ halves. Say he makes the team and Burton leaves is it a stuff up?

The reason Graham was a stuff up was we were terrible and let a good player go

Yes because you get him to improve another position or another team.

franklin2323

Immortal
To’o wasn’t upgraded to the 30 man squad until DWZ left. So we already had him locked down on a development deal.

Sivo should’ve been given the contract that MWZ got for our 30 man squad. At that point we already had plenty of experience in our outside backs with DWZ, Mansour & Phillips. There was no need to sign yet another journeyman in MWZ.

Phillips was also off contract at the end of 2019, so even if DWZ didn’t leave, there would’ve been room for both To’o & Sivo in our squad for 2020.

Our back 5 was settled though. So we are talking depth players who had a bit of FG or a development player. To’o was the project player

WestyLife

First Grade
And if he wants to only play half? He’d walk into a few sides right now as a 5/8th

Considering Nathan Said he's currently training at Fullback and centre plus played wing in juniors I don't think he cares as long as he gets a first grade spot.

Kilkenny

Coach
The absolute circle jerk over Burton is reaching Moylan levels already... & he's only played 3 games.

Perhaps I am showing my age (old age) given I had to google the term circle jerk just to make sure it meant what I thought it meant and what you meant.

Now that I fully understand your post, I agree 100% although I am not a participant in the circle jerk.

martielang

Bench
Sele had a great game against us. Good player, one of the great mysteries why he went from being in the starting 13 to never being seen in the 21 squad again.

Talakai also done some good things off the bench for the sharks.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Sele had a great game against us. Good player, one of the great mysteries why he went from being in the starting 13 to never being seen in the 21 squad again.

Talakai also done some good things off the bench for the sharks.

Sele had a great pre-season, performed well in those early games and then as you say not seen again. It was strange.

Kilkenny

Coach
I see RCG ran for 230 metres of so and apparently made 50 or so tackles on the weekend against the Raiders.

I understand he probably needed a change of club but how can you go from what he delivered for us in his last two seasons, rarely made a 100 metres and now he is delivering what Gus Gould said he was capable off, being the best front rower in the game.

I don’t think he will ever be the best front rower in game but seriously he didn’t fire a shot for us in 2018-2019 and now running for over 200 metres a game.

I’m just not sure what to make of it.

mxlegend99

Referee
I see RCG ran for 230 metres of so and apparently made 50 or so tackles on the weekend against the Raiders.

I understand he probably needed a change of club but how can you go from what he delivered for us in his last two seasons, rarely made a 100 metres and now he is delivering what Gus Gould said he was capable off, being the best front rower in the game.

I don’t think he will ever be the best front rower in game but seriously he didn’t fire a shot for us in 2018-2019 and now running for over 200 metres a game.

I’m just not sure what to make of it.
More time has passed since his broken jaws. Not uncommon for players to take a while to return to form. I think that second one especially gets in his head.

Not sure he would've been as quick to find it for us as he has at a new club where he has to prove himself. He might never have done it. We'll never know. Im glad he is doing well. But its nearly impossible to get your moneys worth out of front rowers on that sort of cash. Csnt really afford anyone on that sort of money to have form drops though.

WestyLife

First Grade
Lets just see where RCG ends up at the end of the season. Easy to do such things playing on a dry track at home every week

There comes a point to just give credit where it's due. He was becoming this player for us before the broken jaw x2. Sure it looks like he needed a change to get his head right but this year he is one of the top props in the game.

mxlegend99

Referee
Lets just see where RCG ends up at the end of the season. Easy to do such things playing on a dry track at home every week
He has performed well against some decent forward packs including ours. It's never easy to pump out 200 metres in the middle of the field.

78 minutes against Raiders. 49 tackles, 247 running metres of which 132m per post contact. Even against Titans or Warriors they would be impressive numbers.

People want to rave when a winger does that despite probably 100+ metres being from kick returns and getting the ball in space on the sideline. Which is still impressive no doubt. But front rowers dont often get easy metres or easy tackles.

Latest posts