What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

The unknown

Juniors
Shawn Blore tipped to debut this weekend for the Tigs.

Yep it is likely he will debut for us due to 2 of our key forwards getting injured over the W/end

supposedly starting at 13 but I think the smart choice would be off the bench. Don’t know a lot about him but you guys rate him highly which seems good enough for me

mxlegend99

Referee
I don’t want to harp on it but all these former Panthers being truly awful. Shows as I suspected we overachieved under hook
We had a better roster when Hook was here than we do now. Our 2016/2017 rosters were insane.

Also not all are truly awful. Even if they had a bad game if youre looking at them as a whole.

Blake and RCG are doing well at the Eels who are flying high with them and a couple more former Panthers.
DWZ has been good for Bulldogs who are a very bad team.

Every player we've had go to Titans has turned to complete shit. But in all honesty so have their other signings. There's something rotten at the club. If one player goes bad. It's probably him. But when Latu, Cartwright, Peachey, Taylor, Boyd etc. All sign on big money and fail to deliver there's something wrong beyond the individual s.

I think a few careers could be salvaged still. Probably for peanuts too. But every additional season at Titans will make it harder to do.

Jane Murray

Bench
We had a better roster when Hook was here than we do now. Our 2016/2017 rosters were insane.

Also not all are truly awful. Even if they had a bad game if youre looking at them as a whole.

Blake and RCG are doing well at the Eels who are flying high with them and a couple more former Panthers.

Every player we've had go to Titans has turned to complete shit. But in all honesty so have their other signings. There's something rotten at the club. If one player goes bad. It's probably him. But when Latu, Cartwright, Peachey, Taylor, Boyd etc. All sign on big money and fail to deliver there's something wrong beyond the individual s.

I think a few careers could be salvaged still. Probably for peanuts too. But every additional season at Titans will make it harder to do.
I agree with you on that. I am unsure what their problem is, to be honest.

betcats

Referee
Well I stil think Waqa is well below the best season he had for us(2018). RCG and DWZ are just the same as they always were. Dallin hasnt been able to hold down his preferred spot at FB and now finds himself playing in a position he refused to play for us for a side that is going to be in the bottom two this year. I wish them all the best but none of them have kicked on or are doing anything to make me wish we still had them here on inflated contracts.

The_Frog

First Grade
I agree with you on that. I am unsure what their problem is, to be honest.
Meninga does not appear to have brought about any improvement at all. They need a Phil Gould type up there. And being a highly successful coach in the UK Superleague seems to be no better than being a highly successful coach in NSW Cup.

martielang

Bench
Early days, but I think RCG deserves more credit than some are giving him. Looking a lot better than the previous 18 months. Playing well.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well I stil think Waqa is well below the best season he had for us(2018). RCG and DWZ are just the same as they always were. Dallin hasnt been able to hold down his preferred spot at FB and now finds himself playing in a position he refused to play for us for a side that is going to be in the bottom two this year. I wish them all the best but none of them have kicked on or are doing anything to make me wish we still had them here on inflated contracts.

This. Imagine whinging to play FB only not being good enough to play on the team that will finish last or close to it

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep it is likely he will debut for us due to 2 of our key forwards getting injured over the W/end

supposedly starting at 13 but I think the smart choice would be off the bench. Don’t know a lot about him but you guys rate him highly which seems good enough for me

long time out so will take time to get up to speed but looks to be FG quality at worst

franklin2323

Immortal

Lets go through the list

Moylan - Can't stay on the field
Crichton - In and out of an ordinary Dogs team
DWZ - Whinged to play FB now wing and centre for the same ordinary Dogs team
Sione Katoa - Can't make that same Dogs team
Peachey - Bench for a bad GC team
Bryce - had 4 runs for 28 metres the other week
Blake - so far same as for us. Still nothing special
RCG - Too soon to judge him

So as a group the group let go during Hooks time have struggled

mxlegend99

Referee
Lets go through the list

Half the guys you named were let go in Ivans time here and played for us last year. The backs aside from Crichton would still be an upgrade on a few of our current players too. He was always awful. Looked promising for a minute though.

Hopefully Stephen doesnt go the same way. Shown way more so far though

Two biggest losses will be Blore & Sivo.

Blake I would’ve preferred to keep.

RCG is decent on the right salary. But 800k was ridiculous.

Peachey a good no.14, in the right situation I’d have him.

Moylan if he could stay fit is a good player

DWZ is a decent, versatile back.

The rest I wouldn’t feed

Hooked

Juniors
Lets go through the list

and Latu passed it. So bad he couldn't regularly, make the Titans team.

mxlegend99

Referee
Holbrook seems to be trying to turn him into a tackling machine.
He probably does focus solely on defensive drills with Cartwright. it has long been his weakness. Although for us it rarely looked as poor as his efforts at Titans. He still missed more than he should.