What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Remember the posts saying how Api was just going to WT for a last easy "super" payout?....quite insulting to his character in hindsight hey ....if he ever gave any more to you guys than he's giving to us then he must have been near close to death ! What a competitor and he's just growing with the captaincy.
It’s a long season. He was awful in Rd 2, he got up for games at LO and against Parra.

look I want the Tigers to do well, but let’s see how they go this week in the road against the Dolphins. If they can play with the same passion again they might have turned a corner. Same goes for Api.

Das Hassler

Bench
It’s a long season. He was awful in Rd 2, he got up for games at LO and against Parra.

May be wrong but I think he might've been crook in rnd 2 which carried over into last weekend against cronulla...in any case he's sure earning his money now and seems to be taking his job as seriously as he did with you guys...maybe moreso with the responsibility he's taken on. Early days for sure but the stuff that's going well hasn't for a decade or so ...( early days) so far so good

MugaB

Coach
Remember the posts saying how Api was just going to WT for a last easy "super" payout?....quite insulting to his character in hindsight hey ....if he ever gave any more to you guys than he's giving to us then he must have been near close to death ! What a competitor and he's just growing with the captaincy.
Well he really has, coz he could have stayed with us for unders for the remainder of his career

Das Hassler

Bench
Well he really has, coz he could have stayed with us for unders for the remainder of his career

No .. it's not fair to wrap it up that neatly....he could also have taken more money from WT and just gone through the motions which was how Papali'i started with us...my point was it was presumptuous and in truth disrespectful to his character to assume that he wouldn't be honest...rise to a new ( and the hardest) challenge and just "phone it in" as so many do for sure

age.s

First Grade
How many people said he was going to WT for a "super easy payout"? There were arguments made that it might be a mistake to slave away at a basket case club getting routinely pumped vs staying here, winning more premierships and establishing a legacy as one of the GOATs in his position. If anything I'd say the sentiment was more that he was taking the more difficult path and the reward he was getting was questionable.

Das Hassler

Bench
How many people said he was going to WT for a "super easy payout"? There were arguments made that it might be a mistake to slave away at a basket case club getting routinely pumped vs staying here, winning more premierships and establishing a legacy as one of the GOATs in his position. If anything I'd say the sentiment was more that he was taking the more difficult path and the reward he was getting was questionable.

Nah...that might have been your sentiment but there was quite a bit of ( quoting pretty accurately ) .."Api's going to retire with one last "super" contract and good luck to him" ,...etc etc. I can't give you an exact number who said that but it was 13
* And on that....Api now finds himself surrounded by a handful of fellow experienced winners and a good supply of young talented ( evidently) future stars....hmm...I wonder if that could work??...hmm

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
Nah...that might have been your sentiment but there was quite a bit of ( quoting pretty accurately ) .."Api's going to retire with one last "super" contract and good luck to him" ,...etc etc. I can't give you an exact number who said that but it was 13
Thats hardly suggesting he's going there to bum a pay check though, just that he's choosing money over job satisfaction or other more cerebral goals (like legacy).

Mind you, I don't really agree with that sentiment. I think most sportsmen at that level back themselves to be winners wherever they go. That goes for Luai, Crichton, Kikau or any other player who's gone from a successful club to a struggling one too. Whether it works out like that is another matter but I doubt many players go into those situations just expecting to just turn up and lose.

Munky

Coach
Api is odds on for a fifty percent payout after retirement so should maximise his earnings.

Das Hassler

Bench
And re that comment..." to a basketcase club" ...I'd like to say that we highly resemble that remark and you'll be hearing from Lee at Brydens lawyers in the morning

Kilkenny

Coach
I can’t recall the suggestions some suggested Api was boosting his super or going to go thru the motions by going to the Wests Tigers. Too professional and too good a player for him to perform in that manner. my recollection is most fans on here respected his decision and wished him and the West Tigers well as we have done with over a dozen significant out goings this past coupLe of seasons. From my own personal perspective the only outgoing I was slightly peeved off about was Spencer Lenui I thought perhaps he could have shown some loyalty and avoided certain comments around the Roosters about reasons why he went there.

Roosters rule

Juniors
From my own personal perspective the only outgoing I was slightly peeved off about was Spencer Lenui I thought perhaps he could have shown some loyalty and avoided certain comments around the Roosters about reasons why he went there.

His manager is a big Roosters fan. That is why he was steered here. The Dogs really thought they had him.

Latest posts