What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FORUM 7's Easts Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Backpacker

Juniors
Check the punters posting rules. ;-)

Theres been a few threats of late and even in jest...well, timing and all. At least we know you're joking. :D You are joking? 8-[ Hang on, my computers going funny... :evil: L&*( yofny ksig :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Genghis Chan

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol: I told you that I would get you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS for those who have no idea what is going on, some posts may have been edited.

Anonymous

Juniors
Roosters v Penrith trial

...now laid out in the F7s matches thread.

Fulltime is Wed 28th January 2004 at 9:00PM

Good luck to both teams.

I've named the run-on side for the trial. Sorry guys but it looks like I've misunderstood the deadline and it ends the 28th Jan.

With heaps of our players away, I have found it very difficult to get together a team. If anyone who has been named can't play let me know ASAP. At this stage I am the only reserve who seems to be available. So we really need to work together as a team.

I've pm'd Big Mick. We can't field a 7 x 7, so hopefully any misunderstanding on my part can be resolved. *Penelope is madly searching for the panic button* #-o

The Backpacker

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol: It'll be ok. I think a few teams were wanting 7 v 7 trials as this is what we're playing this year, just to get into the swing of things. Maybe a sign in thread for the players in the team should be started so they don't have to troll through all of this thread and it may give an idea of whose around?

I'm going to send you a PM. :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
I've named the run-on side for the trial. Sorry guys but it looks like I've misunderstood the deadline and it ends the 28th Jan.

With heaps of our players away, I have found it very difficult to get together a team. If anyone who has been named can't play let me know ASAP. At this stage I am the only reserve who seems to be available. So we really need to work together as a team.
I'm not sure how the 1st February was considered. Someone has 'decided' on it without referee consultation.

If you like Penelope, I can mark all 7 of the Panthers and all 5 of the Roosters; giving an average mark x5 for the Panthers. Just a thought and we'd have to clear it with Big Mick.
Its only a trial to give players a stab at writing - so we can have as many players on the paddock as we like... just requires the agreement of both skippers and the referee.

Guys I have to be blatently honest here, perhaps with everything else that's been going on I haven't been paying attention. Easts at this stage can't compete in a 7 x 7 comp. I thought it was still 5 x 5. My sincere apologies, but obviously I've missed something somewhere. My fault entirely.

While we still have a few weeks before the Season Proper unless I can get about 5 more players it just isn't feasable. Some of the crew in the squad have not read pm's because they aren't posting here anymore. I have been hesitant to just cross them off the list, to be fair, and hoping that they will come back posting again. A few others have committments and at best are reserve players.

As far as the trial is concerned I'm happy to fit in with whatever Mick decides on.

On a more serious note, I do doubt that we can field a team for 2004.

ozzie

Bench
Penelope Pittstop said:
All EASTS Forum 7's Players are needed to discuss the future of our Team.

Guys, while we have some really dedicated players, I honestly don't think that we can play in a 7 x 7 comp this year.

Unless I can recruit another 3 players willing to be available on a permanent basis it's just not possible. Most of us have family and work commitments and are only available as reserves or at best part-time.

I take full responsibility for not being aware that this year is 7 x 7 not 5 x 5.

Before we make any further decisions about our future, I need to know, who of us can post fortnightly, monthly, or only want a reserve spot.

In addition to that we are in DESPERATE need of new players.

Come on guys it would be a shame to bow out of the comp and we still have some time to field a team. I certainly don't want to let anyone down. But, lets' get this sorted now rather than folding during the season.

Everyone who is interested in playing, put your name down now along with how often you think you can play.

Thanx Guys !!

geez its a pity going to 7 v 7 and penelope i didn't know that either - but then again when you live in netherland yu miss these things - i will be up to it otherwise if we fold i couldn't play with another side...unless the money was right

roosterboy60

Juniors
I really hope you don't fold guys. That would be a pity. Lets hope you will continue to play in Season 2004 it would seem really odd to have last years Premiers not playing.

To all the players looking for a team this is the team to be at (bar Lions ;-) ) I really had a fun time with these guys in 2003 and they really helped me. So anyone looking for a team sign up with the Roosters.

Good Luck Guys.

Collateral

Coach
I didnt know it was 7v7 either...well im sure Souths would be in favour of 5 v 5 because we are only allowed teams of 13...so 7 v 7 is too much.

Best of Luck though I really hope you guys can keep going, it would be a shame for Easts to fall out.

The Backpacker

Juniors
Unfortunately, this is the climate at present that is a major contributing factor. If - and it's a big if, Easts did fold for the 04 season, they'll be back bigger and better than ever in 05.

Just to clarify - it was always the intention to play 7 v 7 this year. For some reason, most of the trials are still playing 5 v 5, which may have added to the confusion, whereas 7 v 7 games would have shown more ability to play with this number throughout the regular season.

I commend Easts stance on this. Whilst I would be deeply saddened (geeze can't spell - is it a real word? :lol: ) to see the premiers not there to defend their title, I am proud that they are willing to sacrifice a whole season rather than not be competitive in terms of not fielding full squads each week - as we all know how frustrating it is competing against teams that do this.

But, lets fight for this team. Come on people. A chance to play for the defending premiers is available and Lord and Raider will tell you, we're not so arrogant, precious or scummy afterall. ;-) Just a bunch of people who enjoy league and have supported the sevens throughout it's demise and subsequent revival.

Sign in and sign up. :D

The Backpacker

Juniors
RedDragon said:
I didnt know it was 7v7 either...well im sure Souths would be in favour of 5 v 5 because we are only allowed teams of 13...so 7 v 7 is too much.

Best of Luck though I really hope you guys can keep going, it would be a shame for Easts to fall out.

RD - 13 (with another look closer to the season starting) was decided as a good number in the management section for sustaining 7 v 7.

...Morticia...

Juniors
Si papa. Dios los crea y ellos se juntan. Can u make them go away?

pen an oz i am able t play but am starting a new job tomorrow. seein as i'm being paid t do a diploma in this new field i betta make some effort t study and go t their block course in wellington even though wellington is a shit hole. watch me now get basted by wellingtonians. so i can play part time an im not sure if theyll b of last yaers standard.

Last years standards from you Morticia are this years benchmark.

Moritica now registered for part-time duties.

Thanx for all the kind words everyone, but I have always believed in playing hard but playing fair. If we struggle to field a complete team each game we are only letting down the other teams.

Anyway, we still have some time to openly discuss our future.

Good Luck for tomorrow Morticia.

The Backpacker

Juniors
OK. At the end of January, it will be evaluated as to whether teams can sustain a 7 v 7 competition or whether it will stay at 5 v 5, so hold the panic buttons at present. However, even if 5 v 5 is played this year, you still need at least three posters willing to commit basically full time and rotate the others, so it's good to get an idea of who can do what.

The Backpacker

Juniors
...Morticia... said:
Si papa. Dios los crea y ellos se juntan. Can u make them go away?

Do you not think if I had a magic fairy wand that you would be posting here? ;-)

Ok, sure honey. I know you're a bit of a whimp so I'll ask all the nasty people to please refrain from upsetting you. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Backpacker said:
OK. At the end of January, it will be evaluated as to whether teams can sustain a 7 v 7 competition or whether it will stay at 5 v 5, so hold the panic buttons at present. However, even if 5 v 5 is played this year, you still need at least three posters willing to commit basically full time and rotate the others, so it's good to get an idea of who can do what.

Yep, even to be truly competitive in a 5 x 5 we need another 3 fulltime players.

Hopefully, we can do that and can get a show of hands by being open about it. Hopefully, some of the crew reading this who haven't put their hands up will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts